PDA

View Full Version : The Morning Mess presents: ESPN's RIVALRY WEEK

District303aPastPlayer
02-09-2005, 10:47 AM
This week has been dubbed College basketball's rivalry week simply because of the fact that all conferences are in the midst of conference play.

ACC play for this week, televised on ESPN includes:
Tonight--Memphis @ Louisville in Louisville
Tonight--UNC @ Duke in Cameron
Saturday--Duke @ Maryland at College Park

Whats your favorite college basketball rivalry?

pirate44
02-09-2005, 10:50 AM
i really wish A&M-CC and A&I could get a nice rivalry going.

Bulldog_12
02-09-2005, 10:52 AM
The Duke-UNC rivalry is always pretty intense. I cant wait to watch it tonight.

District303aPastPlayer
02-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i really wish A&M-CC and A&I could get a nice rivalry going.

i think they are tied in the heads up series

pirate44
02-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i think they are tied in the heads up series
its a good start, but itll take a lot more years and games and a lot more butts in the seats to form a true rivalry. it would help if they were in the same division. i like the atmosphere in the new arena, but believe it or not, the SPEC is an awesome place to watch a game especially if it is a game against a next door rival.

District303aPastPlayer
02-09-2005, 11:07 AM
UNC-Duke Preview
No. 2 North Carolina is better, but No. 8 Duke plays like a No. 2 team at home. On the road in Durham, it is, by far, UNC's toughest game of the season.

It's Duke's toughest, too: They have no size (UNC plays bigger); they live and die by the 3 (UNC shoots 3s better); they like to run (UNC outguns them by 10 ppg).

Ranking UNC/Duke NBA Prospects:
1.Marvin Williams (NC)
Frosh SF by a long ways

2.Rashard McCants (NC)
Will be huge NBA scorer

3.Daniel Ewing (D)
Nation's most underrated

4.Raymond Felton (NC)
ACC's quickest PG

5.J.J. Redick (D)
The next Trajan Langdon?

(credit to ESPN)

TheDOCTORdre
02-09-2005, 11:17 AM
I love watching UNC and Duke, its gonna be a great game tonight, I'm rooting for UNC, last year I told my friends to watch out for UNC this year and they told me I didnt know what I was talking about

District303aPastPlayer
02-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I love watching UNC and Duke, its gonna be a great game tonight, I'm rooting for UNC, last year I told my friends to watch out for UNC this year and they told me I didnt know what I was talking about

What is surprising me this year... is Illinois... i never saw them coming. Gonzaga losing a conference game, and not just losing... but getting semi-stomped on. Texas lost 3 Big XII games, if im not mistaken. and Vanderbilt... has 1 win all year...