PDA

View Full Version : Navasota's Coach Going to The Colony

kepdawg
02-09-2005, 01:28 AM
What's the scoop on him?

I don't know why anybody would come here!

tmac
02-09-2005, 10:34 AM
are u from the colony?

District303aPastPlayer
02-09-2005, 10:38 AM
DIdnt coach davis just leave the colony for Alice?

00Sinker
02-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What's the scoop on him?

I don't know why anybody would come here!

I heard he has been looking somewhere, but i haven't heard if he has already signed on another job yet

00Sinker
02-09-2005, 03:19 PM
It is official. Dan Burke has become the new head man at The Coloney. His last day at Navasota was Tuesday. He plans to begin the new job this next Tuesday. His reasoning was to be closer to family.

kaorder1999
02-09-2005, 03:25 PM
man..thats interesting. Navasota going from within or are they going to go outside? Wont that be a good job for someone?

CHS_CG
02-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Maybe our fellow Coilled2Strick will move up!

00Sinker
02-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
man..thats interesting. Navasota going from within or are they going to go outside? Wont that be a good job for someone?

The board said they do not know when they are going to start the search. If they were smart they would start now, so the boys get to know the new coach.

NHSRattler60
02-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Coach Burk is going to be closer to his family. He resigned Tuesday and his last official day is Friday. He's a damn good coach/freind and will make The Colony's football team one of the most dominant around, I can assure you that. He helped break Navasota's 18 game losing streak and has helped us reach the Playoffs 3 years in a row. He helped make a team out of us and he's gonna be missed around here. As far as the coaching situation, one of the other coaches will be Temporary AD. I believe its going to be our Offensive Coordinator Coach Danny Bueno. They offered me the job but I had to decline. As far as Coiled2Strike moving up, or any of the coaches for that matter, Im sure whoever steps in that place deserves it. We have a great coaching staff, both boys and girls athletics. All I know is I hope my letter jacket makes it in tomorrow or I am gonna be callin on megazord to do some damage....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/nhsrattler60/BOX.jpg

CheerMom
02-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Maybe our fellow Coilled2Strick will move up!

He's got my vote!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

00Sinker
02-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Coach Burk is going to be closer to his family. He resigned Tuesday and his last official day is Friday. He's a damn good coach/freind and will make The Colony's football team one of the most dominant around, I can assure you that. He helped break Navasota's 18 game losing streak and has helped us reach the Playoffs 3 years in a row. He helped make a team out of us and he's gonna be missed around here. As far as the coaching situation, one of the other coaches will be Temporary AD. I believe its going to be our Offensive Coordinator Coach Danny Bueno. They offered me the job but I had to decline. As far as Coiled2Strike moving up, or any of the coaches for that matter, Im sure whoever steps in that place deserves it. We have a great coaching staff, both boys and girls athletics. All I know is I hope my letter jacket makes it in tomorrow or I am gonna be callin on megazord to do some damage....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/nhsrattler60/BOX.jpg

Bueno is headin to the colony with burke. Gates will be the interm ad. as for the head coach job... it is still in the air.

kaorder1999
02-10-2005, 09:35 AM
are their any candidates inside?

coiled2strike
02-10-2005, 06:01 PM
i really appreciate the support...maybe i'll get to move on up when they have a new head coach here...

NHSRattler60
02-11-2005, 01:02 AM
I see. We were told that the temp. AD was going to be Bueno. As long as I get my workout in its all good. But Either way, Its a good thing for the colony, and a confusing thing for navasota. All I can say is good luck Navasota of next year, good Luck Coach Burk/Bueno, good luck Lewisville. or "The Colony", or whatever. I'll be pulling for you.

HOWEVER, this poses a problem, because with Bueno leaving, we are also in the search for a soccer coach and an Offensive Coordinator. Not to mention a powerlifting coach, which is another thing Coach Burk did.

If all goes well I'll be in Abiliene trying my Hand at D3 football.