PDA

View Full Version : How many of you actually "Stand up and Holler" at the end of "2 bits"??

Ranger Mom
10-17-2002, 01:25 PM
Unless you are physically unable, why not at least stand and clap your hands?? How many times do the cheerleaders do that cheer in one game?? Greenwood does it once, maybe two times.

I asked a couple of our players how they felt about having to turn around and pump up the crowd, their answer?? "IT SUCKS!!"

I was just wondering if I( and my little cheer section) were the only ones who pay any attention to that traditional cheer or has it just been overused??
GO GREENWOOD RANGERS!!!!!!!!

<small>[ July 23, 2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2002, 01:30 PM
Port Isabel's cheerleaders do it on average, about 5 or 6 times in a game. The response is mediocre at best.

The football players have no problems with turning and pumping up our crowd....in fact, they do a darn good job of it, and (at least I think) enjoy it. *sigh* Once upon a time, our band used to be able to pump up the crowd......now, they hardly play anything. frown

SintonPirateFan361
10-17-2002, 01:45 PM
I know my friends and I do..even if we are sitting in different sections of the stands. And that's because we dont have any football players on varsity...we are TRUE PIRATE FANS.... :D :D

Ranger Mom
10-17-2002, 01:48 PM
Tarpon, I feel your pain!! Our band is good with their contest music, but I guess they spend so much time practicing that, they have nothing to play at the games. Man....those 3 songs are getting really boring!! (I couldn't find a marching band)

I think what our guys were saying, (my fault, I didn't phrase it right) is that they think it sucks that the crowd only comes to their feet when the players "tell" them too. In their opinion, they should already be on their feet!!
Our cheerleaders get a bad rap from the fans, but NO ONE pays any attention to them when they try to cheer.

I, on the other hand, would probably be considered an "obnoxious" fan. The quiter the crowd gets the louder I get!! I have no problem standing up and yelling into the crowd, "make some NOISE!!" Luckily for me, I guess, everyone pretty much knows me by now, so they either ignore me or sheepishly get up and wave a pom pom!!

<small>[ July 23, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

CHS_Grad '85
10-17-2002, 02:14 PM
Ranger Mom... sounds like you and I should sit together... I'm the loudest person in my section and I even have a tendacy to run across the bleachers with whomever is running the ball at the time. Most of my family and friends don't sit next to me any more. They only talk to me if they want to know what happened on the field. And to answer your question, maybe half of the fans will stand up. http://www.nirvana2.com/smilies/bounce.gif

pirate4state
10-17-2002, 02:37 PM
Sinton fans are pretty good about it. No one pays any attention to the cheerleaders. (aren't we watching the game?) We have a couple of fans that are louder than our cheerleaders & they start all the cheers and then the cheerleaders pick up the slack. :) And they'll usually do 2 bits after a touchdown so we're already on our feet and wink since we score so many points we hear 2 bits a lot. :D

pirate4state
10-17-2002, 02:39 PM
eek! really RangerMom where do you find these smileys? Do you have a specific site you visit? Share the goods.

Ranger Mom
10-17-2002, 04:00 PM
I know how that is as far as starting a cheer and having the cheerleaders pick up halfway through!!
http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/anim_emoticons/dancing_to_the_music.gif
It is hard to pay attention to the cheerleaders while the game is being played!! I have reserved seats on the 5o yard line about 5 rows up, so I can usually keep an eye on the game and an ear toward the cheerleaders!! (I am multi-talented, aren't I) http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/anim_emoticons/jumping_up_and_down_happily.gif

Pirate4state - I'm fixin' to send you a pm

tors2002
10-17-2002, 04:05 PM
Check your PM ..RangerMom

lildawg08
10-17-2002, 04:25 PM
The Burnet cheerleaders 2 bits maybe 2 or 3 times..i dont really know i think they cheerleaders are annoying and i am watching the game but....in the student section there are a few girls who will start a cheer and then the cheerleaders just join in...
ps...Rangermom i want to know where you get the smileys...please pm me!
GO DAWGS :p

bullcrapper
10-17-2002, 06:03 PM
I cheer with them,and I dont go to the concession stand at half I enjoy the Band and I dont have a kid in either, but it wouldnt be friday nite football without cheer & music. Go BuLlllllllllls :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: eek! :confused: :D

BullsFan
10-17-2002, 06:53 PM
I do the cheers usually, but I also tend to lose my train of thought if some kind of big play occurs mid-cheer. I always always stand for Two Bits, though. I also stand for the fight song, the school song (of course), a big play on either defense or offense, a play that might be big, a play that's crucial, pretty much any third down, the kickoffs, the punts, and anything else that I might need to see better.

(I usually apologize to whoever has the misfortune to sit behind me at away games. We have season tickets at home, and the people behind me in the reserved seats have gotten used to it, since they've been sitting behind us for years.)

I can actually speak for slpy on this one, btw. He and RaginingBullsFan have a favorite cheer, one they never fail to do. They also have megaphones, and yes, they do use them. (They're the little ones that popcorn is sometimes served in.)

Cheerleaders: "We say Bridgeport, you say Bulls!"
Cheerleaders: "Bridgeport..."
Crowd, including slpy and Raging: "BULLS!"
etc, etc, etc.

I don't know how they got on to that one, but it's their fave. And Little Bear actually knows all the words to that one, too.

(Quick anecdote about Little Bear: at Mother's Day Out at the big church here, the 3-year-old class was having rhythm band. Everybody got instruments, and they were supposed to sing a song about Jonah. Not Little Bear. She starts banging on her triangle, accompanying herself with "Go Bulls GO! Go Bulls GO!" Do we have her trained right or what????)

Da Mules
10-17-2002, 07:11 PM
Muleshoe cheerleaders over-use that standup thing every game. We loyal Mule fans yell like h*** for defensive stands, 4th down snuffs, good plays, whatever....we will stand up for the fight song when the team comes out, and after scores. And we definitely give the band kids a hand for their performance; they've worked like beavers for that 10-minute show. But I don't go to football games to play girly games, I :mad: go to watch FOOTBALL. Nothing against the people who came to participate in the cheerleader thingy. Heck for a long time, that's all we had going in Muleshoe' we sure as heck had no football team until David Wood & crew came to town.

<small>[ October 17, 2002, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>

CHS_CG
10-17-2002, 07:13 PM
I for one always will stand and support my team no matter what they do! Our cheerleaders, football players, and band give there all for the whole game. As CHSGrad I am also one of the loudest people in my section and sometimes I am told to be quite:p

sinton66
10-17-2002, 07:24 PM
(teehee)Now you all know why I won't sit in the stands. All these damn people getting up and down while I'm trying to watch the game. If I'm at the fence, there isn't anyone in front of me til right before the half when the band "gathers" on the track. I guess it could have been worse, I suppose Bart Simpson could be a football fan. http://www.gifs.net/animate/bmoon.gif

mwynn05
10-17-2002, 08:55 PM
our crowd sucks last week at the end of the game teague was trying to drive down the field and no one was soing anything on HUGE 3rd down plays unless tha players told them to

Ranger Mom
10-17-2002, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sinton66:
[qb](teehee)Now you all know why I won't sit in the stands. All these damn people getting up and down while I'm trying to watch the game. If I'm at the fence, there isn't anyone in front of me til right before the half when the band "gathers" on the track. I guess it could have been worse, I suppose Bart Simpson could be a football fan.

<small>[ July 23, 2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2002, 09:10 PM
yea everybody stand up and hollar!

yep i stand up all the time.

Ranger Mom
10-17-2002, 09:22 PM
Well, I try to yell everytime, I too am guilty of not paying attention to the cheerleaders most of the time. But, I am still a cheerleader at heart (no, I can't fit into my uniform anymore!!)
When the team across the field does it though it really sounds cool to me!!
I'm just noisy anyway, and all my "buds" look to me to start the all important - 4th down chants.
My daughter and some of her friends have started sitting with us at the away games, because we are more fun to yell with than their peers. (We aren't out to impress any prospective boyfriends/girlfriends, so we have more fun!!)

http://www.graphic-mac.com/anim/images/smallpig.gif

bigdawg06
10-17-2002, 09:54 PM
our cheerleaders don't do much of that stand up and yell thing but the student section gets the stands going, we start nearly every cheer and the cheerleaders have to join in with us because are louder than them!

Ranger Mom
10-17-2002, 09:59 PM
I love to see the students involved in the game!!

My 14 year old son actually painted his face for our last game (of course, as soon as the film guy quit filming them, he went and washed it off!!)

Oh well, he put forth 10 minutes of effort!!

sinton66
10-17-2002, 10:31 PM
RangerMom, 10 minutes is an ETERNITY to a 14 year old. You are a fortunate mom to have such a devoted fan. wink

bigbullbacker
10-17-2002, 10:37 PM
I enjoy the band and cheerleaders cheerin on the team. Sometimes we fans need to be reminded too getinto the game by makin noise....I just wish the cheerleader could throw the little footballs after our team scores up to the cheap seats

sinton66
10-17-2002, 10:39 PM
Buy them a winger. I've actually seen that done in big stadiums. It works.

<small>[ October 18, 2002, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Pandora
10-17-2002, 11:38 PM
I do. I think the other fans would shun me if I just sat there.

pirate4state
10-21-2002, 04:35 PM
never mind. frown

<small>[ October 21, 2002, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

Ranger Mom
10-21-2002, 07:45 PM
At our game against Kermit this past week, our cheerleaders NEVER did 2 bits - not even once!!

CHS_2004
10-21-2002, 09:20 PM
Well, Ranger Mom, here in Caldwell, we hear two bits once during the PEP RALLY and do good to hear it once during the game. The band cheers more for the football team then do the cheerleaders. I do have to say that the crowd has gotten better though during the season but they still could improve. GO HORNETS!!

slpybear the bullfan
10-21-2002, 11:35 PM
While everyone is talking up cheerleading, I'll give my $.02...

I cannot stand to see football players turning around during a game and trying to "pump up" the crowd.

Guys, you are out there on a team. Your team is in a game. Please, leave cheerleading to the Pom Poms and Megaphones. Keep your eyes on the game and pay attention. You never know what is fixing to happen and you need to have your head in the game.

BTW, you are correct BullsFan on the cheering that Raging and I do... I think the reason we got hooked on that cheer is that it is simple for our poor feeble brains to remember the words. And the look on the cheerleaders faces when we yell back at them is pretty good to.

Night night everyone...

audasmom7
10-22-2002, 01:59 AM
Well Rangermom Ive been bitching about Greenwood Fans for the last 5yrs........ But believe it or not they have gotten better. And were I sit I cant even hear the cheerleaders.. By the way our coaches wives are the best cheerleaders we have, Patti and coach Rays wife are GRRRRRRT

Ranger Mom
10-22-2002, 08:57 AM
I have to admit, they are getting better each game. Do you remember year before last when we played Lake Worth (you may not, that's when Jeremy got hurt), but Patti Purser had those 2 signs. One had a Big "D" on it and the other was a picket fence?? She would stick them up in the air (alternating) when we yelled Defense. I thought that was great!!

exbccards76'smom
10-22-2002, 10:50 AM
I can stand and holler with the best of them!! I enjoyed it alot!! eek!

BHSfan03
10-22-2002, 09:52 PM
our cheerleaders don't do much of that stand up and yell thing but the student section gets the stands going, we start nearly every cheer and the cheerleaders have to join in with us because are louder than them!Suuuuuuure bigdawg06! Y'all don't start "NEARLY EVERY CHEER"....please! The student section only knows about 2 cheers & "DEFENSE", which y'all MIGHT start about once or twice a game. But, yes, y'all are louder than us because there are about 30 of you in the student section, whereas there are only ten of us! But thanks for trying to get the stands going. Its been hard getting them up these last couple of games since the scores haven't been all that close....Maybe y'all could start yelling with US when WE start the cheers instead of just sitting there...(that goes for the pep-rallies too..hehe)... wink

Ranger Mom
07-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Ranger Mom
[QB]Not very many from Greenwood!!
Unless you are physically unable, why not at least stand and clap your hands?? How many times do the cheerleaders do that cheer in one game?? Greenwood does it once, maybe two times.

I asked a couple of our players how they felt about having to turn around and pump up the crowd, their answer?? "IT SUCKS!!"

I was just wondering if I( and my little cheer section) were the only ones who pay any attention to that traditional cheer or has it just been overused??
QB]

Ranger Mom
07-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Where in the heck did that come from all of the sudden???

Ranger Mom
07-23-2003, 07:02 PM
How in the heck did that happen???

I was looking back at some old posts and was laughing at all my little smilies I used back then - evidently I was stealing someone's bandwidth. But I have NO IDEA how how it got brought back up to this page!!!

sinton66
07-23-2003, 07:06 PM
Strange, but I guess you could go edit out the stuff they were griping about. I'm thinking the size of the stuff may have fooled the board into thinking it was a new post or something like that.

trojandad
07-23-2003, 09:13 PM
Good responses. I tell you what, RangerMom, I'll start standing up on Two Bits if the cheerleaders will take time to cheer for that break away runner when they have their little pinkies intertwined with the other school's cheerleaders. LOL Seems like they get as bad in not cheering once the other cheerleaders meet them as the stands do on Two Bits.

Methinks RangerMom could have charged therapy dollars for this post. :p

shackina
07-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Are there cheerleaders at FOOTBALL games? When my family goes to a game we have to sit (stand) on the top row so no one has to look around us, we stand the whole game, when the defense is on the field we are yelling. The girls on the side line stand there and look at us like we are idiots. I have actually had a peson to ask me not to be so loud when our band is playing because she wants to listen to her son!!! (that just made me get alot louder). I dont know about the 2-bits thing, I just know that our chreeleaders have no clue about what to cheer when!

lobo12
07-26-2003, 12:40 AM
where r u from shackina