PDA

View Full Version : Still 30AAA basketball tonight!

Phil C
02-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Even though the baseball and softball games and scrimages are cancelled tonight there is still some basketball action. Aransas Pass has a big game against Goliad tonight in Aransas Pass and Sinton goes to Mathis to play an important game because the winner will still have a shot at making the playoffs thanks to Mathis beating Ingleside last Friday.

Phil C
02-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Hey AP tryi to keep us informed on what happened on the games between Aransas Pass and Goliad. I can't go see the Sinton vs Mathis games tonight but if anyone goes there please post the winners as soon as possible.

pirate44
02-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey AP tryi to keep us informed on what happened on the games between Aransas Pass and Goliad. I can't go see the Sinton vs Mathis games tonight but if anyone goes there please post the winners as soon as possible.
Phil C, will that game decide who wins district? or at least who has the best shot?

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Since we have no baseball, I might try to go to the game. It really is an important one! I'll post a score if able to make it.

:)

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
Phil C, will that game decide who wins district? or at least who has the best shot?

Good question ... if AP were to win tonight, that would put us even with Goliad...then what?:thinking:

Phil C
02-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Good question ... if AP were to win tonight, that would put us even with Goliad...then what?:thinking:

Most likely the two teams would have to meet for one game playoff with the winner having the bye in the first week like the champion would have had and the loser would have the second place playoff with a third place team in the preliminary round. Of course the coaches might just decide to have a coin flip to decide rather than play a game - that has been done before.

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 05:49 PM
hmmm, not sure what I think of the coin flip. I guess both teams are going to playoffs anyway and it would be one less opportunity for injury.....however, do you want them to keep playing or should you be taking advantage of some time off?