PDA

View Full Version : GREENWOOD or RANGERMOM

Wtx_coach
08-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Is it true you guys struggled with Cohoma in the scrimmage, I know its early though, I was just wandering if that was a rumor or if it was true

Ranger Mom
08-18-2003, 05:31 PM
We looked like we looked against them last year!! Nothing to brag about, but not terrible. We need to get some of our key players healthy, so we had a few of them just observing the scrimmage. The coach doesn't want to take any unnecessary chances. I think the paper said we had 12 out right now. Nothing too serious on any of them. The quote that Coahoma controlled the scrimmage came from Greenwood's Coach Purser. It ended tied at one apiece. We fumbled on the 5 yard line twice, but I guess that's not surprising considering the inexperience of a bunch of the kids that were playing. We had several up from the JV filling in spots of the injured guys. SO...I am not counting them out - I will use the Ballinger/Greenwood game as a sort of measuring stick!

sinton66
08-18-2003, 05:37 PM
There are a LOT of high school coaches that will use scrimmages to look at younger players. Sinton does that, so does La Grange. I don't put much faith into scrimmages unless I know for sure what both sides are trying to do.

PhiI C
08-18-2003, 06:30 PM
I agree with you Sinton 66 about not putting much confidence in scrimmages because as you say generally both teams are not at their best because they are looking at new players and trying out different players in different positions so it doesn't always reflect on how good anyone is going to be during the season.