PDA

View Full Version : anyone in Sinton know how the weather is there?

pirate44
02-08-2005, 12:29 PM
i was wondering if the weather was going to be good enough for baseball scrimage tonight. can anyone help me out?

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i was wondering if the weather was going to be good enough for baseball scrimage tonight. can anyone help me out?

I have been wondering the same thing all morning....it has rained and drizzled here in AP all day!:(

I am thinking that the chances are not very good. My son is supposed to call me later in the day when he knows for sure if they are going or not. I will pass it on.

Phil C
02-08-2005, 12:57 PM
It is still cloudy and misting. The grounds are wet. I would say that it will be cancelled but this is not official. I was really looking forward to the Sinton vs Rockport - Fulton softball game (or scrimmage). :(

Sinton94
02-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Rockport vs Sinton game has been canceled for sure!

pirate44
02-08-2005, 01:40 PM
here in Corpus Christi its overcast but bright and no rain.

Gehrig
02-08-2005, 04:31 PM
AP-Sinton Baseball Scrimmage has been cancelled.

pirate44
02-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Gehrig
:mad:

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Gehrig

Thanks, my son better call and tell me the same or he is in REAL trouble! :rolleyes: :D

I had a feeling it was too wet.

pirate4state
02-08-2005, 04:36 PM
now, now -- you don't want the fields torn to shreads over a scrimmage do you? :D has anyone seen the new scoreboard the baseball field has?? it is HUGE!! :eek: Poor softball & football fields still have the old, shabby looking ones. :( :mad: anyone want to spring for new scoreboards? :D

pirate44
02-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks, my son better call and tell me the same or he is in REAL trouble! :rolleyes: :D

I had a feeling it was too wet.
you reckon he might fib?

pirate44
02-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
now, now -- you don't want the fields torn to shreads over a scrimmage do you? :D has anyone seen the new scoreboard the baseball field has?? it is HUGE!! :eek: Poor softball & football fields still have the old, shabby looking ones. :( :mad: anyone want to spring for new scoreboards? :D
you mean the baseball field has a new scoreboard? i always thought the one they had was real nice

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 04:39 PM

Those are probably fighting words for Phil C!:D How dare they slight the girls!

BTW, Welcome to the Board Gehrig!:thumbsup:

pirate4state
02-08-2005, 04:40 PM
you mean the baseball field has a new scoreboard? i always thought the one they had was real nice they sure do. i liked the old one -- it had the old fashion style, but i guess commercial state bank thought they needed a new fancy one. :rolleyes: i'm all for the baseball program, but i think our football & softball scoreboards needed updating more than the baseball one did. :doh:

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 04:40 PM
you reckon he might fib?

No, but he will probably forget to call entirely!:mad:

pirate44
02-08-2005, 04:41 PM
they sure do. i liked the old one -- it had the old fashion style, but i guess commercial state bank thought they needed a new fancy one. :rolleyes: i'm all for the baseball program, but i think our football & softball scoreboards needed updating more than the baseball one did. :doh:
is it not that old style anymore? thats what i liked most about it.

pirate4state
02-08-2005, 04:45 PM
is it not that old style anymore? thats what i liked most about it. me too, but i guess either a) no one wanted to work it anymore or b) they just wanted a new one w/ all the bells & whistles.

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 04:45 PM
is it not that old style anymore? thats what i liked most about it.

It always tended to confuse me....OKAY, I know that it's not THAT difficult ...just different.;)

It really was good for looking back at how many runs were scored in any particular inning though.

pirate4state
02-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
It always tended to confuse me....OKAY, I know that it's not THAT difficult ...just different.;)

It really was good for looking back at how many runs were scored in any particular inning though. i think the new one still has that feature. which is why it is so huge. :D

pirate44
02-08-2005, 05:03 PM
i think the new one still has that feature. which is why it is so huge. :D
p4state, youre not pulling our legs are you? i saw the scoreboard and i dont think its all that hot.
http://img131.exs.cx/img131/6083/0001scoreboard0za.jpg

pirate4state
02-08-2005, 05:09 PM
p4state, youre not pulling our legs are you? i saw the scoreboard and i dont think its all that hot.
http://img131.exs.cx/img131/6083/0001scoreboard0za.jpg LOL - that is the softball scoreboard!!

Phil C
02-08-2005, 05:09 PM
I was just outside and the sun is trying to fight its way through the clouds. Still I am sure the fields are too wet. They wouldn't want to take a chance on ruining the field or having players hurt since it is an early game and there is still district and playoffs ahead. Plus the fields are sometimes used for other playoff games too besides Sinton's. I sure would have liked to have watched that Rockport-Fulton pitcher in action though because she is good and I think she is a senior. Oh well.

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 05:11 PM
http://img131.exs.cx/img131/6083/0001scoreboard0za.jpg

HEY....That's just like ours too! :p :D

Phil C
02-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Actually I am glad they got a better scoreboard for baseball. I think the softball scoreboard is ok but the baseball scoreboard was harder to read for these old eyes so no complaining from me as long as both of them are working properly. :)

OnceABuc
02-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Of course, you realize that is not the Sinton Softball Field sign!! Ours has Outs, Strikes & Balls - like most of the other softball fields in the district.