PDA

View Full Version : Survey: Best and most unique concession stand fare

PurpleFreddy
02-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Where have you been that has the most unique or the best concession-stand items? Please provide details.

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Where have you been that has the most unique or the best concession-stand items? Please provide details.

You know, I had to stop, laugh and think....ONLY A GUY WOULD ASK THIS KIND OF QUESTION! :D

onfirebball05mustang
02-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You know, I had to stop, laugh and think....ONLY A GUY WOULD ASK THIS KIND OF QUESTION! :D

hey, it's a very valid and tasteful question! :D

District303aPastPlayer
02-08-2005, 12:00 PM
the Blossom Athletic Complex in SA serves bagged hot peanuts.
Pirate Stadium sells some Big Fajita Tacos

Bullaholic
02-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

O.k., AP, who's got the nicest lady's room? :D

pirate44
02-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
yeah, are there any with the trough? nothing i hate more than 20 guys squeezing into one trough. then there are the guys who think the floor drain is a multi person urine receptacle.

pirate44
02-08-2005, 12:08 PM
oh wait, were talking food here. sorry:(

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 12:09 PM

Goliad, by far!:D

It's their football field that leaves much to be desired!

Very good question, P44! WTG!:D

Bulldog_12
02-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Jasper Athletic Boosters has the Dog Bone. Its a big Turkey leg. Its GREAT!

District303aPastPlayer
02-08-2005, 12:12 PM
turkey leg = dog bone??

hey, does cuero serve turkey legs... jw.... and if so.. do they have a play on the mascot name

jason
02-08-2005, 12:13 PM
texas stadium - $7 super bowl nachos....mmm.....

44INAROW
02-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
turkey leg = dog bone??

hey, does cuero serve turkey legs... jw.... and if so.. do they have a play on the mascot name

good question - I think during Gobbler Relays we've had turkey legs before :cool:

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Okay, I am going to say something nice about Mathis!:eek:

They have good sausage wraps.:D

Old Green
02-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
turkey leg = dog bone??

hey, does cuero serve turkey legs... jw.... and if so.. do they have a play on the mascot name If they did they would have asign up saying "GOBBLER LEGS, SO GOOD THEY'LL MAKE YOU CHOKE":D

Best food I have had a game are the Fajita Tacos at Sinton Pirate Stadium.:)

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2005, 06:55 PM
We have very good chicken & beef fajitas at the band concession stand on the visitors' side.

I think the best burger I've had is at Burnet, plus they have fries to go with them.

(Ladies room bites on our home side.)

GreenMonster
02-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Windthorst Texas (1A) - German sausages boiled in beer off site then heated over a hot fire after you place your order. Sausages are handmade there in Windthorst by the local butcher. Yummy!

SintonFan
02-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We have very good chicken & beef fajitas at the band concession stand on the visitors' side.

I think the best burger I've had is at Burnet, plus they have fries to go with them.

(Ladies room bites on our home side.)
Those boosters at the Burnet Game make great burgers. You gotta love the bar with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes and onions. Then you also get to decide what condiment you get to add, too. It's amazing for a HS game.
I'd love to try the fajitas in Liberty Hill, LH P M. Till then the fajita tacos at Sinton are best, imho.
The restaurant we went to in Cuero before this last year's pre-district game was really good!

rockdale80
02-09-2005, 05:17 AM
anywhere that has the frito pie still with the bag sliced open.

olddawggreen
02-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Since the Dog Pound burger bar at Burnet (its really great) has already been mentioned, I have to say that Dripping Spring has one of the best concessions Ive seen. They have a very large stand set up for frying and selling a full catfish dinner and an area with outdoor tables and chairs to eat it. Let me tell you, it is is a big operation and it is great! Its so good that if I was passing through Drip I wouldn't mind stopping in on a Friday Night for the catfish, even if I didn't have time for the game.:D

LH Panther Mom
02-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Oh, man! Thanks for the reminder, ODG! Drip does have a great catfish platter.

spiveyrat
02-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Windthorst Texas (1A) - German sausages boiled in beer off site then heated over a hot fire after you place your order. Sausages are handmade there in Windthorst by the local butcher. Yummy!

Wouldn't that be a bratwurst? That's how I was taught to fix 'em by a guy from Green Bay.

AggieJohn
02-09-2005, 06:17 PM

Liberty Ironically, they are patrolled...if that makes sense