PDA

View Full Version : another good deed goes crazy

HighSchool Fan
02-08-2005, 11:35 AM
“Thanks for the Help. Bye.”

2/8/2005
The Associated Press reported that good Samaritan Larry Valletta of Naugatuck, Conn., pulled over on Route 8 early Sunday to help at the scene of an accident. Two cars were involved; one had flipped over.
According to the AP, Valletta said he called police and went to check on the people. Two men got out of the flipped car. One helped an injured man to the side of the road.

The other got in Valletta’s car and drove away.

District303aPastPlayer
02-08-2005, 11:39 AM
thats just tooooo funny

onfirebball05mustang
02-08-2005, 11:44 AM
:eek: that's just hilarious!

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
thats just tooooo funny

If you're not the guy that pulled over to help....incredible!:rolleyes:

CHS_Grad '85
02-08-2005, 03:15 PM
:shaking head: GEEZ!!!

Phil C
02-08-2005, 03:35 PM
This wasn't really as bad or as funny as the others here but in the 80s while we still had the Wal-Mart in Sinton I bought some items and two of the items were $10 each. I charged on my master card and of course had to give my drivers' license for the purchase. I though the charge was too low and as I walked out I double checked the receipt and sure enough the clerk had inadvertently charged me $1 instead of $10. I went back and told them their mistake and they ran the difference on the master card again but insultingly (I thought) asked to see my driver's licence again. I did so and I guess they had store policy then that they had too but it was an insult because had I been dishonest I would have walked on out of the story and been $18 richer.

Still it is better to always be honest in the long run.

pirate44
02-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This wasn't really as bad or as funny as the others here but in the 80s while we still had the Wal-Mart in Sinton I bought some items and two of the items were $10 each. I charged on my master card and of course had to give my drivers' license for the purchase. I though the charge was too low and as I walked out I double checked the receipt and sure enough the clerk had inadvertently charged me $1 instead of $10. I went back and told them their mistake and they ran the difference on the master card again but insultingly (I thought) asked to see my driver's licence again. I did so and I guess they had store policy then that they had too but it was an insult because had I been dishonest I would have walked on out of the story and been $18 richer.

Still it is better to always be honest in the long run.
i always heard that walmart shut down due to too much shop lifting. looks like it was the employees who were giving away the merchandise.:D

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i always heard that walmart shut down due to too much shop lifting. looks like it was the employees who were giving away the merchandise.:D

You know, I was recently charged TWO TIMES for a $15.+ package of pork chops at a Walmart. You can understand it happening occasionally, but the fact that it was the most expensive item in my basket got me to thinking!

Luckily, I caught the mistake on the receipt before I walked out the door BUT I still wonder to this day, if I had not, would a checker be $15+ richer? :mad:

espn1
02-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I bought a Cashiers check last month for $7800 and some heavy change and the bank charged me twice. I brought it to their attention and they adjusted it. Whew! Talk about an initial shock.:eek: :thinking: :eek:

pirate44
02-08-2005, 04:29 PM
i know there are good, smart employees at Walmart and i have worked with some dumber than dirt masters degreed engineers. so im not just hackin on walmart employees, but on one particular day, i was in line to check out when my cashier was having a casual conversation with another employee (that fact in itself annoyed me) here is the conversation in a round about way:

cashier 1: ..Oh i cant drink milk. i cant even drink that orange juice with calcium. because i can taste the milk in it.

cashier 2: me too. i cant even put milk in my coffee because it keeps me awake.

me (thinking): :rolleyes: shut the heck up and do your job.

remember, im paraphrasing.

AP Panther Fan
02-08-2005, 04:55 PM
i know there are good, smart employees at Walmart

I agree and the majority are honest, hard working folks....no different than any other business. There is usually one or two undesireables in most workplaces, unfortunately!:(

Phil C
02-08-2005, 05:18 PM
i know there are good, smart employees at Walmart and i have worked with some dumber than dirt masters degreed engineers. so im not just hackin on walmart employees, but on one particular day, i was in line to check out when my cashier was having a casual conversation with another employee (that fact in itself annoyed me) here is the conversation in a round about way:

cashier 1: ..Oh i cant drink milk. i cant even drink that orange juice with calcium. because i can taste the milk in it.

cashier 2: me too. i cant even put milk in my coffee because it keeps me awake.

me (thinking): :rolleyes: shut the heck up and do your job.

remember, im paraphrasing.

:D Good one Pirate even though it may not have been funny at the time when you were in a hurry to get out.

GreenMonster
02-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Wal-Mart sux. They move into small communities and monopolize the shopping market only to pick after ruining the community's local business base and moves 10 miles down the road forcing their old customers to drive 10 miles and taking over another town at the same time. Terrible company that preys on small town America.

Astrosdawg07
02-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
“Thanks for the Help. Bye.”

2/8/2005
The Associated Press reported that good Samaritan Larry Valletta of Naugatuck, Conn., pulled over on Route 8 early Sunday to help at the scene of an accident. Two cars were involved; one had flipped over.
According to the AP, Valletta said he called police and went to check on the people. Two men got out of the flipped car. One helped an injured man to the side of the road.

The other got in Valletta’s car and drove away.

Some people have alot of nerve :D