PDA

View Full Version : Anybody who thinks the Patriots aren't a dynasty...

BullFrog Dad
02-08-2005, 08:32 AM
...because they ONLY won three out of four Super Bowls by close margins needs to remember that during that time they had the NFL's longest winning streak at 21 games. That's incredible in this era and makes a strong case for all-time greatest team.

HighSchool Fan
02-08-2005, 08:37 AM
all time greatest in the salary cap era. the steeles of the 70's, 49er's of the 80's and the cowboys of the early 90's would have very little trouble with the patriots.

BullFrog Dad
02-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
all time greatest in the salary cap era. the steeles of the 70's, 49er's of the 80's and the cowboys of the early 90's would have very little trouble with the patriots. Let's break it down by season and the '85 Chicago Bears would have whipped them all.

CHS_CG
02-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Dont take it to heart that some people dont beleive they are a dynasty.. its their opinion and it should be respected. I for one dont care bc I didnt really like either one of the teams in the superbowl this year lol... but thats just me.

Phil C
02-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
...because they ONLY won three out of four Super Bowls by close margins needs to remember that during that time they had the NFL's longest winning streak at 21 games. That's incredible in this era and makes a strong case for all-time greatest team.

Bull we aren't saying they aren't a great team and we realize that they have a dynasty. We are calling into question about the greatest dynasty ever or the greatest team. Remember also Miami won them all during the season one year.

big daddy russ
02-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Bull we aren't saying they aren't a great team and we realize that they have a dynasty. We are calling into question about the greatest dynasty ever or the greatest team. Remember also Miami won them all during the season one year. And the only game Bob Griese played all year was the Super Bowl.

89JDAWG
02-08-2005, 09:33 AM
THEY ARE AND THERE IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE THEY WONT DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR AND I AM A STEELER FAN!

JasperDog94
02-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
THEY ARE AND THERE IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE THEY WONT DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR AND I AM A STEELER FAN! How about this reason: They're losing both offensive and defensive coordinators.

District303aPastPlayer
02-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
How about this reason: They're losing both offensive and defensive coordinators.

good reason, but the pats are a machine...

pirate4state
02-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
good reason, but the pats are a machine... machines break down all the time. :D

Bulldog_12
02-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I think think the "dynasty" ends after this year. They are going to have some serious trouble next year after losing the DC and OC. I just don't feel you can lose both coordinators and come in next year and be clicking automaticly, even if they are the "Almighty Pats":D