PDA

View Full Version : 3A Basketball Playoffs

KTJ
02-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Since I rarely keep up with Gainesville basketball anymore because I'm so busy with school and since I ref 4A/5A ball, I never get to hear about any of the 3A teams. So which teams are likely headed to the playoffs?

**Also, how is Wimberley doing?

HighSchool Fan
02-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Gainesville will make the playoffs, but won't get to far.

VWG
02-07-2005, 10:03 PM
These are teams out of Region I that I know will be a lock for the playoffs. Merkel, Abilene Wylie, Vernon, Iowa Park, Graham, Glen Rose, Canyon, Gainesville, and I think Decatur and Bridgeport will make the playoffs.
Glen Rose and Vernon are both sleeper teams. Great teams but they don't get the respect they deserve.
Merkel, Abilene Wylie, and Graham are all good teams but they aren't dominating and can be beaten on any given night.
I still like Glen Rose to go to state, the Tigers are a team under the radar and should make it to Austin if they play the way they are capable of playing.

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
**Also, how is Wimberley doing?

Wimberley is Wimberley, when it comes to basketball. I hoped the graduation of the twins would slow them down a bit, but Coach White does a great job with the talent at hand. I'm not sure of their record, but I do know we've lost to them twice.

The girls, of course, are on the way to the state tourney, I'm sure. 27-1 record, I'm not sure who the loss was, but in district they're undefeated.

cdlvj
02-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Manor out of Region 3. I like the coaches style, as he keeps his starters well rested and fresh.

onfirebball05mustang
02-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Manor out of Region 3. I like the coaches style, as he keeps his starters well rested and fresh.

true, very true, i'm just hoping all this 'rest' isn't going to hurt us in the long run.

jason
02-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
true, very true, i'm just hoping all this 'rest' isn't going to hurt us in the long run. :confused: ...of course it wont...

KTJ
02-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Wimberley is Wimberley, when it comes to basketball. I hoped the graduation of the twins would slow them down a bit, but Coach White does a great job with the talent at hand. I'm not sure of their record, but I do know we've lost to them twice.

The girls, of course, are on the way to the state tourney, I'm sure. 27-1 record, I'm not sure who the loss was, but in district they're undefeated.

I hardly ever get to go out to Wimberley but when I do, I love it. Coach White is a great guy and his teams remind me of Gainesville when I played.

Gilmer Buckeye
02-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Gilmer won a game the other night by 101-53. The Buckeyes are undefeated in their (admittedly weak) district.

They lost three games before district play began, but that's mainly because they were playing football until Dec. 18.

Manuel Johnson, the 3A football player of the year, is a master of the 3-point shot.

kaorder1999
02-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Van is pretty darn good

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Gilmer Buckeye
Gilmer won a game the other night by 101-53. The Buckeyes are undefeated in their (admittedly weak) district.

They lost three games before district play began, but that's mainly because they were playing football until Dec. 18.

Manuel Johnson, the 3A football player of the year, is a master of the 3-point shot.

Would be neat to see a two sport state champion. I think Everman did it back several years ago. Can't remember though.

GreenMonster
02-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Would be neat to see a two sport state champion. I think Everman did it back several years ago. Can't remember though.
Seems like SL Carrol pulled offa double feature in the 93-94 school year. Their last season in 3A. Could be wrong on the year, it might have been the previous season but I do distinctly remember it happening.

LH Panther Mom
02-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I hardly ever get to go out to Wimberley but when I do, I love it. Coach White is a great guy and his teams remind me of Gainesville when I played.

He certainly is a great guy. I wish he would've stayed here. :(