PDA

View Full Version : Do Women Watch the Superbowl?

Bullaholic
02-05-2005, 11:42 AM
I know a lot of you ladies are avid football fans and watch the Superbowl right along with the boys. My wife says she gets to in between cooking, cleaning, and serving. For those women who do not care for football (God forbid...)---what do you do?

CHS_CG
02-05-2005, 11:43 AM
As soon as I get off of work at 6 I will be home to go watch it! Sux I have to work this weekend!

Ranger Mom
02-05-2005, 03:01 PM
I wonder how many woman who don't watch the Superbowl would be reading this board in the first place?

The Superbowl is the only time I make sure the TV in the bathroom is also on, so I don't miss any of the game OR commercials!!

You come to my house during the Superbowl, you serve yourself! I am just another avid fan at that time, not a wife, not a mom and definately not a maid!!

TheDOCTORdre
02-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You come to my house during the Superbowl, you serve yourself! I am just another avid fan at that time, not a wife, not a mom and definately not a maid!!
WHAT??!! this is completely disregarding your duty as a woman:D :D :D

onfirebball05mustang
02-05-2005, 03:06 PM
I wonder how many woman who don't watch the Superbowl would be reading this board in the first place?

too true! Our youth minister's wife is shocked that so many of us are into football and the commercials....I have a feeling she'll be hiding in some corner waiting for the game to stop tomorrow...man I can't wait!:D

LH Panther Mom
02-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
WHAT??!! this is completely disregarding your duty as a woman:D :D :D

You need a sound spanking for this! Oh wait, never mind....I forgot who I was talking to.....you might just like it. :D

TheDOCTORdre
02-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You need a sound spanking for this! Oh wait, never mind....I forgot who I was talking to.....you might just like it. :D
being that it is mardi gras weekend, I am I'm pretty much open to anything:D

CHS_CG
02-05-2005, 03:15 PM

atleast u didnt say that to B or HSF lol

Leopards,class of 75
02-05-2005, 05:52 PM
My wife don't like Football at all, and she sure won't watch the Super Bowl. lol

Bullaholic
02-05-2005, 06:42 PM
I'll say this sincerely. I have always been impressed by the football knowledge of the ladies who are on here and their love for the game. I wonder when you are watching the game, are you more interested in just the "action" and result on a particular play or do you go deeper into the actual analysis of what happened on offense and defense? I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck--I just want to know if men and women watch the game of football from the same perspective and are interested in the same things during the game.

LH Panther Mom
02-05-2005, 07:04 PM
I actually tend to do both, depending who's watching with us & if they like to visit/yap during the game. :rolleyes: And just so you know, I am a firm believer that if I yell loud enough "there's a hole" or "he's open" they will start listening to me. ;)

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2005, 09:37 PM
I actually tend to do both, depending who's watching with us & if they like to visit/yap during the game. :rolleyes: And just so you know, I am a firm believer that if I yell loud enough "there's a hole" or "he's open" they will start listening to me. ;) Oh, I believe you!!! LOL!! Me.....I have to admit....I like looking at the uniforms !! :eek: :eek: :kiss:

onfirebball05mustang
02-05-2005, 10:14 PM
I actually tend to do both, depending who's watching with us & if they like to visit/yap during the game. :rolleyes: And just so you know, I am a firm believer that if I yell loud enough "there's a hole" or "he's open" they will start listening to me. ;)

ditto! I enjoy the day-after analysis amongst friends...it always gets 'em when they hear a girl talking about who did what and where they messed up/did right lol

pirate44
02-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I know a lot of you ladies are avid football fans and watch the Superbowl right along with the boys. My wife says she gets to in between cooking, cleaning, and serving. For those women who do not care for football (God forbid...)---what do you do?
i think there may be a new phenomenon this year. Doesnt "Desperate Housewives" air during the Superbowl?:D

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2005, 10:22 PM
It does......I wonder how many men will have to fight with their wives over the remote ??LOL! :thinking:

pirate44
02-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
It does......I wonder how many men will have to fight with their wives over the remote ??LOL! :thinking:
if ABC was smart, they would have advertised a really racy episode. maybe even say itll be hotter than last years halftime show. :D

lepfan
02-05-2005, 10:25 PM

you took the words right out of my mouth:)

LH Panther Mom
02-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Oh, I believe you!!! LOL!! Me.....I have to admit....I like looking at the uniforms !! :eek: :eek: :kiss:

The whole uniform or just the pants. ;) My favorite shot is QB under center. :D

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2005, 11:17 PM
What do you think??? :eek: :eek: :inlove:

Bullaholic
02-05-2005, 11:19 PM
The whole uniform or just the pants. ;) My favorite shot is QB under center. :D

I NEVER, EVER, want to hear another comment about the guys looking at the cheerleaders---the truth has finally come out. Thanks for being honest LHPMom.

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I NEVER, EVER, want to hear another comment about the guys looking at the cheerleaders---the truth has finally come out. Thanks for being honest LHPMom. HAHAHAHAHAHA !!! We've been caught !!! Loves it!!! :D

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I NEVER, EVER, want to hear another comment about the guys looking at the cheerleaders---the truth has finally come out. Thanks for being honest LHPMom. BUT, I bet our thoughts are cleaner than yours, and you know it!!!! :p

LH Panther Mom
02-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I NEVER, EVER, want to hear another comment about the guys looking at the cheerleaders---the truth has finally come out. Thanks for being honest LHPMom.

:D

Bullaholic
02-06-2005, 09:49 AM
O.k. girls...just for curiosity---who do you think looks "good" under center? I sure couldn't tell you from an appearance standpoint. I could tell you from a coaching mechanics standpoint, maybe. All this time I thought you were admiring Tom Brady's "coolness". :D

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2005, 10:05 AM
O.k. girls...just for curiosity---who do you think looks "good" under center? I sure couldn't tell you from an appearance standpoint. I could tell you from a coaching mechanics standpoint, maybe. All this time I thought you were admiring Tom Brady's "coolness". :D

His behind looks pretty cool, if you ask me. ;)

Bullaholic
02-06-2005, 10:48 AM
His behind looks pretty cool, if you ask me. ;)

I'll have to take your word on that one LHPMom....I always was kinda fond of his "arm", myself.

sinton66
02-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, as the old saying goes, "Parts is parts".:D

Bullaholic
02-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

That's true, 66'. LHPMom should be in love with T.O.---he's 100% all behind.

CHS_CG
02-06-2005, 11:09 AM
ahh yes the behind.. dont ya love it girls. lol

Bullaholic
02-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Here's a little "blurb" from a gal on watching men play sports. Good Lord, I didn't realize that this thing is as widespread as it seems to be. Suddenly I'm beginning to feel "violated".

"In fact, it's the "more" that I like best of all, and that is: I just get a rise out of watching a bunch of fit men in the prime of their lives running around in skin-tight uniforms for three hours. Because in my opinion, whoever designed football uniforms should be sainted. Truly, from September through January, Sunday is a day to be thankful. And what could be better on Monday night after a hard start to the work week than watching a few more tight bodies in Spandex shimmy around on a football field? Be honest, ladies: wouldn't you enjoy life a lot more if all well-toned men walked around in shoulder pads and stretch pants all the time? Of course you would!

I realize that there are legions of women out there who have never thought of sports in this way, and it's my goal to let them know what they've been missing. Although my personal recommendation for attaining sports nirvana is football, lots of sports offer the same potential. I know women for whom the holy grail of sports spectatorship is swimming. The reason should be obvious: fit guys + clothes that are tight or skimpy, or even better, tight and skimpy. Witness World Wrestling Federation matches. Ever wonder why there are always so many women in the audience? Hint: it’s not for the display of honest sportsmanship."

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2005, 11:35 AM
That's true, 66'. LHPMom should be in love with T.O.---he's 100% all behind.

No, no, NO! It's not "acting" like a behind....I abhor that.

Okay, I'll stop acting like such a "girl". :p Seriously, I think Brady's a great QB - Mr. cool under pressure. IMO, he's one of the best QB's playing these days. I know a lot of people think Peyton Manning is "the man". Sure, he puts up a lot of numbers, but I can certainly attest that big numbers do not necessarily win games. Where is he going to be today?

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

Maybe so, but not all "parts" are created equally! :D

CHS_CG
02-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Maybe so, but not all "parts" are created equally! :D

would you be good b4 we have to hose u down!

FootballChik98
02-06-2005, 12:40 PM

Tom Brady would definitely have my vote :D

44INAROW
02-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i think there may be a new phenomenon this year. Doesnt "Desperate Housewives" air during the Superbowl?:D

yea, but's it a re-run :D

Jason1725
02-06-2005, 02:02 PM

I find grown men who do this at high school games really disturbing.

Bullaholic
02-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
I NEVER, EVER, want to hear another comment about the guys looking at the cheerleaders---the truth has finally come out. Thanks for being honest LHPMom.[QUOTE]

I find grown men who do this at high school games really disturbing.

Hold on, Jason1725.....let me clarify something real quick. This thread has to do with "pro" sports and Superbowl only, and I agree with you completely when it comes to our youth. There is no one on this board who would not agree with you. I am a grandfather myself.

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Hold on, Jason1725.....let me clarify something real quick. This thread has to do with "pro" sports and Superbowl only, and I agree with you completely when it comes to our youth. There is no one on this board who would not agree with you. I am a grandfather myself.

Most definitely! And seriously, I do actually watch the "game", not the tight spandex pants.

Bandera YaYa
02-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Me, too! I was only talking about pro sports.....lets make that perfectly clear here!! So all you perverts that look at HS cheerleaders , shame, shame onyou!!..AND, in regards to TO's booty...this gal don't like a man who thinks his booty is better than hers!!! :D
AND...I happen to enjoy the game of baseball best....talk about uniforms!!! (Swoon !) :inlove:

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2005, 02:45 PM
AND...I happen to enjoy the game of baseball best....talk about uniforms!!! (Swoon !) :inlove:

WooHoo! ROFL!

Jason1725
02-07-2005, 06:15 PM
I should have read the topic I thought since it was a 3A site you were talking about high school ball. I will read the topic from now on.

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
I should have read the topic I thought since it was a 3A site you were talking about high school ball. I will read the topic from now on.

No sweat, we all have our moments. ;)

AP Panther Fan
02-07-2005, 06:27 PM
LHPM, did you notice how good Troy looked yesterday? He has huge hands!:D

I wonder which superbowl ring he was wearing?:thinking:

Well, now you know which part of the game I enjoyed most!:evillaugh :evillaugh

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LHPM, did you notice how good Troy looked yesterday? He has huge hands!:D

I wonder which superbowl ring he was wearing?:thinking:

Well, now you know which part of the game I enjoyed most!:evillaugh :evillaugh

OMG! I said the exact same thing at the party we attended! I also commented that the guy standing on his right had his hands in his pocket. I was wondering if he was feeing inferior in some way. :eek: :D :devil:

Bandera YaYa
02-07-2005, 06:33 PM
No sweat, we all have our moments. ;) Ain't that the truth!!! hahahahaha

AP Panther Fan
02-07-2005, 06:35 PM
LOL....I thought I was the only weird one that noticed things like that! I am in good company it seems!;)

I bet the guy to his right had "big hand envy":evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

HighSchool Fan
02-07-2005, 06:49 PM
you women ought to be ashamed, all these young en's on here and your talking about butts and hands. shame shame :D

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL....I thought I was the only weird one that noticed things like that! I am in good company it seems!;)

I bet the guy to his right had "big hand envy":evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

That doesn't you weird - it makes you HIGHLY observant, which IMO is a crucial trait. :D ;)

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
you women ought to be ashamed, all this young en's on here and your talking about butts and hands. shame shame :D

:tongue:

Bullaholic
02-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Well, ladies, now that you have instructed everyone in anatomy and mythology, are there any other observations you would like to share? Everytime I trade posts with you gals on some of this stuff, I can hear my dear old mother saying --"Don't go over there, you are just going to get into trouble and be punished". I didn't listen then, and I guess I still ain't. :D

AP Panther Fan
02-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Well, ladies, now that you have instructed everyone in anatomy and mythology, are there any other observations you would like to share? Everytime I trade posts with you gals on some of this stuff, I can hear my dear old mother saying --"Don't go over there, you are just going to get into trouble and be punished". I didn't listen then, and I guess I still ain't. :D

LOL...nope, Troy's hands (and Paul McCartney's music) were the only two noteworthy things! ;) :D

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I'll certainly be glad to share. But remember, you asked for it. :p

The first quarter was a defensive power struggle, and while the players tested each other, it was frankly boring.

When T.O. caught his first pass & did his Eagle dance, my first thought was "Oh great, here we go". Of course, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when Givens did the "mock" Eagle dance.

Personally, I thought Harrison should have received Co-MVP (or at least honorable mention) for his performance. I was glad to see the Pats win, but was also glad to see a good, close ballgame.

Honestly, I like McNabb, but he needed some serious help the last 3 minutes....it almost seemed like he didn't think they had a chance. You're down 3 points in the biggest game of the year & you lollygag around wasting precious seconds in extended huddle time......that did NOT make sense to me.

HighSchool Fan
02-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Honestly, I like McNabb, but he needed some serious help

i would bet if some hunters were at that game, they would of took target practice with some of McNabbs ducks he was throwing out there

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2005, 07:21 PM

One last observation.....I did notice how tastefully dressed the Patriot cheerleaders were. :D

Bullaholic
02-07-2005, 07:23 PM
I'll certainly be glad to share. But remember, you asked for it. :p

The first quarter was a defensive power struggle, and while the players tested each other, it was frankly boring.

When T.O. caught his first pass & did his Eagle dance, my first thought was "Oh great, here we go". Of course, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when Givens did the "mock" Eagle dance.

Personally, I thought Harrison should have received Co-MVP (or at least honorable mention) for his performance. I was glad to see the Pats win, but was also glad to see a good, close ballgame.

Honestly, I like McNabb, but he needed some serious help the last 3 minutes....it almost seemed like he didn't think they had a chance. You're down 3 points in the biggest game of the year & you lollygag around wasting precious seconds in extended huddle time......that did NOT make sense to me.

Dang---you mean the men let you gals have a TV in the kitchen? What's the world coming to?

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-07-2005, 07:23 PM
One last observation.....I did notice how tastefully dressed the Patriot cheerleaders were. :D i have to agree w/ you on that note!!!!!! i noticed that aswell!!!:D :clap: cheers to LHPM for being observant of that.

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Dang---you mean the men let you gals have a TV in the kitchen? What's the world coming to?

LOL...actually the guys (hubby & the host) cooked, so you can just imagine the menu, which of course took several beers between them to. Fried turkey, barbequed chicken, brisket & smoked sausage. A couple of ladies brought dip & of course, we had "rats". If it had been up to the cooks, we could've done without dip.

Bullaholic
02-07-2005, 07:38 PM
LOL...actually the guys (hubby & the host) cooked, so you can just imagine the menu, which of course took several beers between them to. Fried turkey, barbequed chicken, brisket & smoked sausage. A couple of ladies brought dip & of course, we had "rats". If it had been up to the cooks, we could've done without dip.

"Rats" as in stuffed jalapenos? Ummm....I'll be coming by your house next year with that menu.

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2005, 07:44 PM
"Rats" as in stuffed jalapenos? Ummm....I'll be coming by your house next year with that menu.

Of course, bacon & all. :)

Stang_bball89
02-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Every year i sit with my daddy and his buddies and scream and swear at the TV like one o' the guys, it's great

Bullaholic
02-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Stang_bball89
Every year i sit with my daddy and his buddies and scream and swear at the TV like one o' the guys, it's great

My wife does the same thing---except I take the place of the TV.:D