PDA

View Full Version : State Farm Lone Star Showdown Update

PhiI C
02-05-2005, 01:09 AM
On Friday the Texas Lady Horns swimming and diving team defeated a good Texas A&M Lady Aggie swimming and diving team. This gives Texas the lead in the showdown for the first time this season as Texas now has 4 points to the Aggies 3 points. This means Texas needs six more points to win the Lone Star Cup while the Aggies need seven points. The Men's teams compete tomorrow and it is expected that the Texas team will win. The results of Friday are no surprise to the GodFather's fans as he predicted the Texas win earlier and of course as usual he was right on again.

Astrosdawg07
02-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Do any other colleges have this same competiton? It's pretty neat!:thumbsup:

PhiI C
02-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Do any other colleges have this same competiton? It's pretty neat!:thumbsup:

I don't know of any Astros but I don't see why they couldn't. For example SMU and TCU could have a Metroplex cup since they are both in the Dallas - Fort Worth Area. Also Rice and Houston could have the Houston cup since they are both there in Houston. The possibility is endless. Other schools could if they want. The one between Texas and Texas A&M is sponsored by State Farm Insurance.

sahen
02-05-2005, 01:50 AM
TCU and Baylor could fight for the Holy Grail...haha...ok just kidding we dont play them enough to have a competition like that....

PhiI C
02-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Tonight (Saturday) as predicted by the GodFather the Texas Longhorn Men's Swimming/Diving team beat the Texas A&M Aggie team in another State Farm Lone Star Showdown. This gives Texas another point and Texas now has a 5 to 3 lead. Texas needs 5 points more to win while Texas A&M needs 7.

PhiI C
02-06-2005, 01:19 AM
There are still 2 1/2 points available in February. One is men's basketball for 1/2 point and 1 point each for the Big 12 Indoor Track Meet (men and women). Who every gets ranked higher in these two meets gets the points. I expect Texas to get both points in the track and field and the Aggies to get the 1/2 point in men's basketball even though the game is in Austin since Texas has lost Aldridge and Tucker.

PhiI C
02-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Sorry to my Aggie friends but I don't think Texas is going to lose this lead the rest of year. Still the Aggies have young teams and are improving in all of the sports and in the future this competition should be close.

AggieJohn
02-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Phil i firmly believe with you on this last post, i knew that our candle wsa not as good as Texas' this year, however, we have made dramatic strides in all sports this year and should make this a very interesting cup in a few years