PDA

View Full Version : Enough Already! Let's end this "class warfare!!!"

SintonFan
11-23-2003, 07:21 PM
I've read most of what been posted about the site selection. What a bunch of crap! Some of you Burnet poster have one heckofa nerve to post that load of BS. 1st, my sincerest up-front apology to many of you great posters(Chris Hart, spaniard, GreatBigBurnetFan and too many others.)
You start talking about our school officials and we will defend them. All this talk about the site is crap. Some of you posters should be ashamed of yourselves for posting lots of stuff from rumor and 2nd(and 3rd) hand talk. What a bunch of whinners! You sullied your town and school. But some of you won't see it that way. Many of us tempor our reactions with this responsibility. You talk about our town and officials and what are we supposed to do? Lay over and ignore it? Just like our team is supposed to(according to some)?
Another thing, whoever(you know who you are) made that post that your team is now 'supremely motivated' because they have to play in Corpus lowered yourself to a new standard and showed your depth of maturity. Is anyone in Sinton gonna worry about that? WHAT KIND OF THREAT WAS THAT? Get over it! WE DON'T PLAY THE GAME, THE KID'S DO!!!
I've seen many voices of reason go challenged on this topic. Now just drop it and lets get on with the football talk...
eek! eek! eek!

29x281
11-23-2003, 07:29 PM
What information is false?

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Hi Sinton Fan,
I agree, let's just talk fantastic 3A football.
Myself and others have tried to convey our respect
for the Sinton program and fans.

Sadly, I think some have been misunderstood. Since
that is probably the case for everyones sake. Let's talk PLAYOFF FOOTBALL!

The young men are truly going to play above their
best each week. Everyone knows that, you lose you
go Christmas shopping. I'm looking forward to some
fresh shrimp, the Lex(cause I've been there when it was still in commission) some of the other sites. I'd like to see if my old place in Flour Bluff is still there. I'd sincerely like to meet
some of you, maybe even break bread together. Even get embarrased at a pile of shrimp hulls together.

Let's talk football, discuss some fine young men,
striving to achieve and yes even the bands and
drillteams. BTW, their were two great groups of talented young ladies last night, very enjoyable.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 07:51 PM
I don't know if the Burnet Administrators or the Sinton Administrators picked Friday at 3:00 o'clock for the game, but it was stupid. Sinton will be lucky to have 3,000 fans at the game. Mark my words. I haven't gotten personal with any poster on this board, but I'm about to. YOU BACK OFF.

Da Mules
11-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Here is another good example and reason for MANDATORY mid-way playoff sites.

CentralTxFan
11-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Da Mules:
Here is another good example and reason for MANDATORY mid-way playoff sites.Well said. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but it is happening in every classification. Alamo Heights is a prime example, playing on their OWN field(this is an assumption based on UIL saying IN Alamo Heights). Hopefully, UIL will look at this and realize something needs to be changed. I can only imagine how much it costs for the schools to get their team, band, drill team, cheerleaders etc to the games. The farther the distance the greater the cost. The lower the classification, I would think, the scarcer the money for such trips, especially for teams going "all the way".

BHS#1
11-23-2003, 09:37 PM
Da Mules:
Here is another good example and reason for MANDATORY mid-way playoff sites.:) :cool: :rolleyes: :D eek! wink

sinton66
11-23-2003, 09:48 PM
CentralTxFan:

Da Mules:
Here is another good example and reason for MANDATORY mid-way playoff sites.Well said. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but it is happening in every classification. Alamo Heights is a prime example, playing on their OWN field(this is an assumption based on UIL saying IN Alamo Heights). Hopefully, UIL will look at this and realize something needs to be changed. I can only imagine how much it costs for the schools to get their team, band, drill team, cheerleaders etc to the games. The farther the distance the greater the cost. The lower the classification, I would think, the scarcer the money for such trips, especially for teams going "all the way".So, we make it mandatory neutral sites and Central Texas gets to enjoy a huge lion's share of the money spent travelling to and from playoff games. And I suppose the rest of the state can go p*ss up a rope? Yeah, that's fair.

CentralTxFan
11-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Sinton66, can you think of something more FAIR for both teams? And it wouldn't always be central texas getting the money. Is it fair for some teams to play games far enough away that families have to spend a night week after week? BTW, I went to elementary school in Flour Bluff, meaning my family has lived in South Texas. I understand where you are coming from. I want fair for every team involved. Why not do something like volleyball and track? Every year same place no matter who makes regionals! Just some thoughts.

An added thought...
Using last year as an example...
Sinton played in San Marcos...beats Burnet
Sinton plays in College Station....beats Jasper
Sinton loses coin toss and plays Everman at Texas Stadium. Can the school AND/OR fan base afford that 3 weeks in a row?

I am not trying to start something at all. Just trying to look at things from a finanical standpoint.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: CentralTxFan ]</small>

sinton66
11-23-2003, 10:07 PM
The only fair way would be something like a rotational tourney in different areas of the state different years. However, the expenses for transportation, lodging and meals for the schools would be horrendous. I see nothing wrong with the mutual agreement/coin toss arrangement.

In 2001:

Sinton plays Bellville at Victoria and wins.
Sinton plays Bridge City at Kyle Field and wins.
Sinton plays Everman again at Kyle field and loses.

Yeah, it happens.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Chris Hart
11-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Well I see it like this. Burnet lost the coin toss, and Sinton chose to play in Corpus. Why do I think they chose Corpus? Because they felt having a home-field like advantage would help their team's chances against Burnet. I don't know if it was the long drive that had an effect on Burnet's uncharacterized borderline sloppy play against Wharton, or if it was the wind or the adrenaline. But if I was a Sinton coach or Supt. and saw the game, I would definately make Burnet travel as far as possible, and hope it was the long ride that disrupted them.( I'm not selling Wharton short in no way, they were a great team. I'm talking about some routine plays where Burnet's defense is almost always disciplined and in position to make a play and weren't last night. I also noticed during warm-ups, that McGee was a little off in his passes and it stayed the same throughout the game, and dropped passes also. Wharton had some of the same problems, but as a Burnet fan, I can honestly say Burnet is much better than they played last night, and Wharton probably is too.) What I'm saying is this performance after the long-trip probably played a big role in the Sinton staff/supt. opting to make Burnet travel as far as they could. Am I glad we're playing all the way in Corpus? No, but I fully understand the decision by Sinton, and if I were in their shoes, I would do the exact same thing. There will be a few of us Burnet fans that will make the trip regardless, those of you who can't make the long trip can tune in to the radio/webcast. I figure around 3,000 will still make the trip, and that should be plenty to still get loud at all the right times. Burnet fans need to lighten up a bit and put the shoe on the other foot. If we were the big underdog, I would hope our staff/supt would give us the best oppurtunity to pull off the upset just like Sinton's are doing. Can Burnet remember last year, when Everman had to drive right by Burnet and still travel an hour and a half further to the Alamodome? They still played well and won. Those from Burnet that can't/won't go, will just have to listen and wish they were there. It's gonna be alright, the team doesn't need all of us as much as we like to think they do. With all that being said, all I can say is, Go Burnet, Beat Sinton!!! :)

CentralTxFan
11-23-2003, 10:23 PM
Chris, since the game is not Saturday we won't be able to attend. Yell loud enough for the 6 of us who won't be there. We will all be at the A&M/UT game instead. Good luck Burnet. BTHO Sinton!

And I felt bad last year for Everman traveling as far as they did. They did get the winning outcome they came for though. The point can be argued every which way, nothing will ever be totally fair for everyone. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

SintonFan
11-23-2003, 10:23 PM
Just got home from Sinton. Wow, it's chilly here in SA!
Man, I love my cable modem!!! :D

crabman
11-23-2003, 10:25 PM
I complained I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet. My son plays for Cuero. He just wishes that we were complaining about having to travel to Waco or College Station, or Austin. We beat Sinton 32-6. We're out. They're in. We handled Gregory Portland and LaGrange pretty well in scrimmages. They are both still playing. We beat Rockport in 4A. They just got beat. I wish we had some playoffs to complain about. It would be nice. People from Burnet have nothing to complain about. If the UIL says you can play neutral sites or flip for choice of stadiums then that is what you do. If tomorrow, holding was suddenly legal do you think your coaches would say, "oh no, we're not going to do that". If it's a rule, learn to play with it. By the way, stay the night in Corpus. It's a nice town. Lots of fantastic restaurants.

sinton66
11-23-2003, 10:30 PM
CentralTxFan, we have a centralized final four in both basketball and baseball. Every year, the 1A, 2A, and 3A teams get crapped on at the baseball tourney because they have to play in the middle of the week, and thus some of their fan base has to work and can't make the game. That's not really fair to the small schools. A centralized football playoff would be the same kind of fiasco, except for the host. I wish there was a more fair way, but I can't figure one.

SintonFan
11-23-2003, 10:34 PM
PAINTBALL:
I don't know if the Burnet Administrators or the Sinton Administrators picked Friday at 3:00 o'clock for the game, but it was stupid. Sinton will be lucky to have 3,000 fans at the game. Mark my words. I haven't gotten personal with any poster on this board, but I'm about to. YOU BACK OFF.How you can get personal is beyond me. But your welcome to try. :p Did you read the title of this thread? I(and many others) want to move beyond this junk and talk some football.
The only thing I agree with you paintball is that there won't be the crowd from last year. That's because many folks have to work on Friday. And that doesn't bother me at all. It is nice to think about a huge crowd, but it's not a neccesity. We are there to watch our kids play.
I'm sorry I didn't mention all the fine Burnet posters because there are too many to list. I'll post them later, they deserve some kudos. No matter what happens here, most of you Burnet posters are "as cool as the other side of the pillow." I look forward to all the spiritful posts about the GAME FRIDAY. :p :p :p
Well, lets move on...
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!
BEAT BURNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

CentralTxFan
11-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Sinton66, I know about that too. I have driven to Kingsville for regional track and volleyball and to Austin for State, same thing. All I really would like is something fair to each team, because how often does it happen the sames teams keep playing each other year after year? Probably more than I realize, I know. I want every game to be like the Sinton/Burnet game was last year...packed with fans from BOTH sides. The kids deserve that, you know?

olddog73
11-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Understand that all Burnet posters are not complaining. And a few of os are getting really Po'd about this too.

Da Mules
11-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Chris, I totally agree with you. Any time a team has to make a long road trip, it's going to effect their performance. I got razzed by the Forney fans on another post in regards to the Muleshoe/Forney 2000 game about this :rolleyes: but it's the truth. Jacket2k saw da Mules play the Forney game and their game against Greenwood a week prior to that; he vouched that it was like two different Muleshoe teams.
Maybe it depends on whose ox is being gored... but I think if it's very far between schools, mid-way is the fair way.

olddog73
11-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Understand that all Burnet posters are not complaining. And a some of us are getting really Po'd about this too.

CentralTxFan
11-23-2003, 10:45 PM
posted by sintonfan No matter what happens here, most of you Burnet posters are "as cool as the other side of the pillow."

I love it!!! Never have heard it but will use it next time the occasion arises!

Same goes to all the Sinton folks too!

Sinton66, we "friends"? :)

SintonFan
11-23-2003, 10:47 PM
CentralTxFan:
posted by sintonfan No matter what happens here, most of you Burnet posters are "as cool as the other side of the pillow."

Sinton66, we "friends"? :) I think yall were actually agreeing but with slightly different views. wink :cool:
CTF, I ripped that saying from a sportcaster on ESPN. It's one of my favorites. :)

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

sinton66
11-23-2003, 10:55 PM
CentralTxFan:

Sinton66, we "friends"? :) Sure, why wouldn't we be? You haven't said anything bad about my town, team, school or staff. I understand the reluctance to travel, believe me I do. Ask Chris, I'm a pretty nice guy too. wink

Chris Hart
11-23-2003, 11:13 PM
I will definately be the first to say 66 is one COOL dude. The moment I asked if he was 66, and introduced myself, a big smile came across his and Old Greens faces, and they are as nice and as humble of men as you'll ever meet. I was thoroughly elated at meeting the two of em, but the funny thing is, I knew exactly how they would be in person just from reading their posts on this board. I hope to meet up with yall again this Friday. :)

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 11:20 PM
He and Old Green seemed real nice to me. Nice meeting you guys. Will look for you in Corpus also.

sintonpop
11-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Just got on....wow! What an uproar over a playoff site.

Sinton66, thanks for defending our turf.

sinton66
11-23-2003, 11:21 PM
We were happy to finally meet you too, Chris. it's nice to be able to put a face with someone you've been talking with for a year or more online. I also met Hotdawg on the way into the gate. She's a cutie!

If you get in early enough, I'd like to get together with you. Any favorite foods?

sinton66
11-23-2003, 11:22 PM
No problem, you know me, I'm SUCH a Homer! wink

SintonFan
11-23-2003, 11:25 PM
sinton66:
No problem, you know me, I'm SUCH a Homer! wink Yeah, a homer who WILL hit the big Five O O O this week. Hehe...

Chris Hart
11-23-2003, 11:28 PM
sinton66:
We were happy to finally meet you too, Chris. it's nice to be able to put a face with someone you've been talking with for a year or more online. I also met Hotdawg on the way into the gate. She's a cutie!

If you get in early enough, I'd like to get together with you. Any favorite foods?I'm hoping to get there early, I'll know more later in the week. My favorite food is food in general. wink

SintonFan
11-23-2003, 11:30 PM
This time I hope to meet you. We were supposed to meet at the Wharton game last year. I hope you can put a right face to me. :D

sinton66
11-23-2003, 11:31 PM
There are some good restaraunts in Corpus. Just let me know. I'll probably pm you with my cell number. wink

pirateman98
11-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Well I was also hoping for a Sat. game but doesn't look like I will be getting my wish. Good luck to both teams and remember, it's about the kids and not the fans. I may not be there in person, but I will be there in my heart!
Go Pirates beat Burnet!!!

Chris Hart
11-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Sounds good 66! Sintonfan, I'm still looking forward to meeting you also. Then to top it off with another Burnet/Sinton match-up will be great.

Rabbit'93
11-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Wait aren't you guys supposed to be bad mouthing each other...not talking about a place to eat. wink I'm glad to see that some of you get it!

sinton66
11-24-2003, 08:00 AM
Hey Rabbit93, any more on the shirts? Don't mean to rag on you, just wondering. wink

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 08:06 AM
sinton66:
Hey Rabbit93, any more on the shirts? Don't mean to rag on you, just wondering. wink check your pm 66...

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>