PDA

View Full Version : Did Ryan Perrilloux con Mississippi?!

Phil C
02-04-2005, 12:13 PM
This has even caught the GodFather by surprise if the story is true. According to a story Thursday in the Mobile Register Perrilloux told top Mississippi recruit Derek Pegues that he was signing with the Mississippi State Bulldogs and not LSU or Texas. I remember on Sunday it was announced that Perrilloux was going to shock the world. That would have been a shock if he had chosen Mississippi State instead of LSU (the GodFather had already said Texas was out of the picture so the GodFather fans knew that scoop). Pegues was thought to be leaning strongly toward Mississippi before but abrubtly chanced his mind. (Bear in mind that Mississippi is a big riral of LSU and it would benefit LSU for their top recruit to choose Mississippi State instead of Mississippi). After he signed with Missippippi State Pegues is supposed to have asked about Perrilloux only to hear that Perrilloux had signed with LSU. If he had read 3A downlow he would have been in the knowledge that Perrilloux was going to sign with LSU as the GodFather had said. This last minute loss was a blow to Mississippi. It would be horrible if Perrilloux had deceived Pegues to get him to not sign with LSU's most bitter rival. I know recruits talk to others and make last minute changes for whatever reason.

Of course all this goes to the fact that recruits should listen to the GodFather. Go to the place where you like the school and the city it is in. One recruit said he didn't choose Texas was because of the coaching changes at assistants but hello if a school is successful other schools are going to offer assistants head coaching jobs. It has been that way for years. In fact if they aren't having any changes like that is when you should be worried. But recruits go where you like the school and city. Don't pay attention to or depend on what other recruits are doing or saying. Remember they always make last minute decisions and changes. Don't let one of them deceive you and ruin your life like Perrilloux may have done to Pegues if this story is ture. Remember head coaches and assistant coaches change a lot of times too.

On signing day Perrilloux say he changed his mind over not coming to Texas and that they (Texas) will get over it. If the story is true Mississippi might not get over it. And LSU has to play them over the next four years.

big daddy russ
02-04-2005, 03:11 PM
You know, the Perriloux kid has already left a bad taste in my mouth. I, for one, am glad he didn't wind up here in Texas. Seems like he has character issues whether or not this story is true.