PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting in the Big 12 South.

Panther Ross
02-04-2005, 11:48 AM
I have not hear a single thing about Tech, Oklahoma, or to much about Texas. The only thing I heard was a star qb that verbally committed to them ran off to LSU. Texas A&M recruiting was awesome. Franchione is going to wreck next season.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
I have not hear a single thing about Tech, Oklahoma, or to much about Texas. The only thing I heard was a star qb that verbally committed to them ran off to LSU. Texas A&M recruiting was awesome. Franchione is going to wreck next season.

Unlike fans of some of the other colleges, not all of us find it necessary to "brag" about what studs have been signed. Until players have proved themselves on the field at the college level, they are only a potential threat. If you're interested in the Tech signees, read on.

http://texastech.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020205aaa.html

TheDOCTORdre
02-04-2005, 01:05 PM
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14

KTJ
02-04-2005, 01:29 PM
I have not hear a single thing about Tech, Oklahoma, or to much about Texas.

Then you obviously haven't been paying attention.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

:clap: :clap: You crack me up sometimes. Good one. ;)

vet93
02-04-2005, 01:37 PM
I have two comments....1) I think that it is a little disingenuous to hold Tech fans out as any better than others on this issue because I have heard Tech fans "brag" about a recruit and they would be shouting to the roof tops if they had a top 10 recruiting class 2) Tech has generally had little to brag about in regards to recruiting which makes the job that the players and coaches have done in Lubbock that much more impressive.

PS. Though I didn't graduate from Tech....I am a pretty big fan because they are a "West Texas" team and because Spike Dykes is from my hometown! By the way....I agree with you that people should be very careful about bragging about a recruiting class before they have seen these players perform over a period of years.

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Unlike fans of some of the other colleges, not all of us find it necessary to "brag" about what studs have been signed. Until players have proved themselves on the field at the college level, they are only a potential threat. If you're interested in the Tech signees, read on.

http://texastech.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020205aaa.html

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by vet93
I have two comments....1) I think that it is a little disingenuous to hold Tech fans out as any better than others on this issue because I have heard Tech fans "brag" about a recruit and they would be shouting to the roof tops if they had a top 10 recruiting class 2) Tech has generally had little to brag about in regards to recruiting which makes the job that the players and coaches have done in Lubbock that much more impressive.

PS. Though I didn't graduate from Tech....I am a pretty big fan because they are a "West Texas" team and because Spike Dykes is from my hometown! By the way....I agree with you that people should be very careful about bragging about a recruiting class before they have seen these players perform over a period of years.

Sorry - I wasn't speaking about all Tech fans, only myself. Having lived in Lubbock for 16 years & growing up in West Texas, I know we can be just as loud as anyone. :)

Panther Ross
02-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Dude, you are just jealous. You see the ending of Texas spanking the Aggies. There is no light at the end of your tunnel this time.

TheDOCTORdre
02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Dude, you are just jealous. You see the ending of Texas spanking the Aggies. There is no light at the end of your tunnel this time.
Jealous... of the aggies, hahaha, that is a good one. A Longhorn would never be jealous of an aggie, KTJ was right if you hadnt heard of the other recruiting classes, you werent paying attention. The only reason you really havent heard of other classes is because we recruit so well on a constant basis its not that big of news. On the other hand when the aggies finally get someone that "could" make a difference you will hear about it more.

District303aPastPlayer
02-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Jealous... of the aggies, hahaha, that is a good one. A Longhorn would never be jealous of an aggie, KTJ was right if you hadnt heard of the other recruiting classes, you werent paying attention. The only reason you really havent heard of other classes is because we recruit so well on a constant basis its not that big of news. On the other hand when the aggies finally get someone that "could" make a difference you will hear about it more.

preach on brotha... CHU'CH!!

Panther Ross
02-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Now to be serious, did Texas's star QB actually leave Texas to go to LSU.

Panther Ross
02-07-2005, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
[B]Unlike fans of some of the other colleges, not all of us find it necessary to "brag" about what studs have been signed. Until players have proved themselves on the field at the college level, they are only a potential threat. If you're interested in the Tech signees, read on.

I did not even brag at all. I am telling the truth. When you are willing to face it, just tell me.

District303aPastPlayer
02-07-2005, 11:52 AM

when did vince young transfer?

if i remember correctly, he IS our star QB... now our prospect QBs... we have 2... Quan and Colt McCoy... who are both with Texas.

HighSchool Fan
02-07-2005, 11:58 AM

if your talking about ryan perilloux, he's not even from texas. tell me when was the last time that a&m got the #1 recruit in the country.

HighSchool Fan
02-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Franchione is going to wreck next season.

that sounds like a bad thing to me

District303aPastPlayer
02-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
if your talking about ryan perilloux, he's not even from texas. tell me when was the last time that a&m got the #1 recruit in the country.

i'll let ya know when it happens, im still waitin on that one too :p

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2005, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I did not even brag at all. I am telling the truth. When you are willing to face it, just tell me.

Okay, you're entitled. Whether or not the A&M signees are all that & a bag of chips at the college level has yet to be proved, the same as the Tech recruits. I will say that it appears that A&M had a better recruiting class. But, any number of things can happen....injuries for one. A prime example of this is Jordan Shipley. A season-ending injury did allow him to red-shirt, but he could have greatly contributed to the UT offense this past season.

big daddy russ
02-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
if your talking about ryan perilloux, he's not even from texas. tell me when was the last time that a&m got the #1 recruit in the country. Jorrie Adams. Two years ago. Not ranked #1 in all the services, but Perriloux wasn't even the top QB by most scout services. That would go to the Sanchez kid out of California (USC).

The loss of Perriloux wasn't that big of a deal IMO. I think McCoy's a much better prospect with a much better head on his shoulders. And speaking of Colt McCoy, he was only a three-star prospect. I still say he turns out better than Perriloux. I think Perriloux plays briefly, but doesn't become the star everyone else thinks he will.

What's funny about A&M's recruiting class is that the coaching staff is almost as happy about picking up two-star recruit Matt Featherston (DE, Poughkeepsie, NY) as they were about Bennett. I was listening to a radio show here in College Station today and one of the coaches was saying that they plucked Featherston out of thin air. They saw some tape, scouted him a little and began courting him and then he suddenly "came from nowhere" to be the MVP of the NY All-Star game. He's 17 years old, is 6'3", 225# and runs a 4.52.

It's not always the five-star recruits that make the biggest impact. As I've said before, this year's Thorpe Award winner was a three-star recruit out of Augusta, GA. I still say get used to hearing "McCoy to Shipley, touchdown."

VWG
02-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Anybody know where Chandler Dane (QB- Decatur) ended up??

big daddy russ
02-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Anybody know where Chandler Dane (QB- Decatur) ended up?? You know, you got me wondering... found out that he hasn't signed yet but was being recruited by OSU, TCU, SMU and Tulsa. Also found out he's only 5'10". I always thought he was taller.

Chandler Dane profile... Rivals.com (http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=29388)

sahen
02-08-2005, 02:54 AM
i couldnt help but notice u forgot that Baylor was in the Big 12 South...we got a pretty decent class coming in here too, i have heard many old tymers say its the best class for us in over 10 years including one recruit who commited on NBC, that is always nice...anyways here is the site, im sure ur interested....
http://baylorbears.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020205aad.html

Dogman
02-08-2005, 10:37 AM
My uncle lives in CS and is a diehard Aggie fan. He is told me last week that he "will not talk any more smack about the Horns until atm beats Baylor and UT in the same year". Now that was a statement for any aggie to say..................

jason
02-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Dogman
My uncle lives in CS and is a diehard Aggie fan. He is told me last week that he "will not talk any more smack about the Horns until atm beats Baylor and UT in the same year". Now that was a statement for any aggie to say.................. wow, i wish that would rub off on some of the aggies we have on this board

Panther Ross
02-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
when did vince young transfer?

if i remember correctly, he IS our star QB... now our prospect QBs... we have 2... Quan and Colt McCoy... who are both with Texas.

No no no. He was a big recruit but ended up going to LSU, but that is only a rumor.

District303aPastPlayer
02-08-2005, 11:11 AM
just like A&M recruited people and they signed with other schools... Perrilloux did that with Texas...

Hell, lets not forget where Drew Tate verbally committed too... :D and man, what a season he had last year....

District303aPastPlayer
02-08-2005, 11:58 AM
ttt for panther ross :)

KTJ
02-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Judging by his signature, he's probably off somewhere making sure that he degrades UT in some way, shape, form, or fashion...which is clearly the only reason anyone ever goes to A&M--to make fun of another school every second they get.

;)

Phil C
02-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Judging by his signature, he's probably off somewhere making sure that he degrades UT in some way, shape, form, or fashion...which is clearly the only reason anyone ever goes to A&M--to make fun of another school every second they get.

;)

Now Now KTJ the Aggie Code says they are always to be respectful of others. Probably panther has not read the Aggie Code. :)

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Now Now KTJ the Aggie Code says they are always to be respectful of others. Probably panther has not read the Aggie Code. :)

Wow! I'm thinking of a few folks that might need to brush up on that useful piece of information. ;)

Bulldog_12
02-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Sorry Ive been such a butthole guys. I know your talking about me. You dont have to beat around the bush.:( ;)

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Sorry Ive been such a butthole guys. I know your talking about me. You dont have to beat around the bush.:( ;)

Never! :kiss:

big daddy russ
02-08-2005, 04:08 PM
No no no. He was a big recruit but ended up going to LSU, but that is only a rumor.

You're talking about Ryan Perriloux, the QB from Louisiana. I talked about him in one of my posts above.

Originally posted by big daddy russ
...but Perriloux wasn't even the top QB by most scout services. That would go to the Sanchez kid out of California (USC).

The loss of Perriloux wasn't that big of a deal IMO. I think McCoy's a much better prospect with a much better head on his shoulders. And speaking of Colt McCoy, he was only a three-star prospect. I still say he turns out better than Perriloux. I think Perriloux plays briefly, but doesn't become the star everyone else thinks he will....

Panther Ross
02-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Dogman
My uncle lives in CS and is a diehard Aggie fan. He is told me last week that he "will not talk any more smack about the Horns until atm beats Baylor and UT in the same year". Now that was a statement for any aggie to say..................

Trust me the year has come. Baylor 0vs. A&M 85 Texas 7 Texas A&M 24

District303aPastPlayer
02-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Trust me the year has come. Baylor 0vs. A&M 85 Texas 7 Texas A&M 24
is that your prediction for next year? or has that happened before?

Panther Ross
02-09-2005, 11:53 AM
It is going to happen.

sahen
02-09-2005, 04:50 PM
i would take the time to argue w/ u about that A&M/BU score being ridiculous....however i see that it is pointless....if ur expecting that lopsided of a game then u will be disappointed, i dont doubt u win but to think yall win by 85 shows how engrossed you are in the cult that is Texas A&M....

TheDOCTORdre
02-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i would take the time to argue w/ u about that A&M/BU score being ridiculous....however i see that it is pointless....if ur expecting that lopsided of a game then u will be disappointed, i dont doubt u win but to think yall win by 85 shows how engrossed you are in the cult that is Texas A&M....
Shame on you Sahen. to call a&m a cult is a low blow to all cults :D

jason
02-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Franchione is going to wreck next season. you mean crash and burn, right.....

jason
02-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Trust me the year has come. Baylor 0vs. A&M 85 Texas 7 Texas A&M 24 :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
02-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Shame on you Sahen. to call a&m a cult is a low blow to all cults :D

Good one. ;)

Panther Ross
02-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jason
you mean crash and burn, right.....

No, he will spank everyone except Oklahoma because they will still be a tough team and we play in Oklahoma.

LH Panther Mom
02-10-2005, 11:16 AM
No, he will spank everyone except Oklahoma because they will still be a tough team and we play in Oklahoma.

Wow! Since Oklahoma & A&M will be the only "tough" teams in the Big XII, we need to just cancel the season for the rest of the teams. Oh, wait, we need a "token" representative from the North so there can be a conference championship game. :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2005, 11:22 AM
A&M vs OU the premier game in the Big XII... in case ya forgot they play home/away year after year. THE premier game... even though the past 5 years have been one sided.... is the Red River Shoot Out... UT/OU play in another city, in a bowl year in and year out... your posts lack merit, and you have shown you live inside the box that is college station, and have blocked out the rest of the world.

jason
02-10-2005, 11:23 AM
No, he will spank everyone except Oklahoma because they will still be a tough team and we play in Oklahoma. would you like to put your money where your mouth is ?

LH Panther Mom
02-10-2005, 11:24 AM
would you like to put your money where your mouth is ?

I bet you can make him a nice "cute" signature next year. :D

Panther Ross
02-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Yes

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2005, 11:26 AM
okay, so by Spanking the Big XII.... the aggies must win every game except Oklahoma by at least 28 points... that is a spanking.

jason
02-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Yes i dunno. last time i won a bet with an aggie he declared himself 'a man of his word' and then welched on the bet...

but a&m will not spank everybody in the big 12...they need to work on getting past baylor...

jason
02-10-2005, 11:27 AM
okay, so by Spanking the Big XII.... the aggies must win every game except Oklahoma by at least 28 points... that is a spanking. that sounds right

when a&m starts losing though, he'll disappear from the board....

but i guess that makes us all winners...

KTJ
02-10-2005, 11:29 AM
would you like to put your money where your mouth is ?

Now we all know what happened last time an Aggie bet with Jason....

:D

jason
02-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Now we all know what happened last time an Aggie bet with Jason....
bet and LOST ;) :p

Panther Ross
02-10-2005, 11:34 AM
that sounds right

when a&m starts losing though, he'll disappear from the board....

but i guess that makes us all winners...

What is all this the board gang? Dude honestly, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I can admit it, but I know for a fact that I am right. And no I am not going to disappear from the board. I could careless if I am wrong. What's the worst that could happen..... the board gang beating me up?

KTJ
02-10-2005, 11:36 AM
What is all this the board gang? Dude honestly, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I can admit it, but I know for a fact that I am right. And no I am not going to disappear from the board. I could careless if I am wrong. What's the worst that could happen..... the board gang beating me up?

How do you know you're right?

And didn't you claim that A&M would beat UT at DKR this past year as well?

Panther Ross
02-10-2005, 11:37 AM
No I did not. I expected texas to beat A&M by 14.

Panther Ross
02-10-2005, 11:37 AM
I did however claim that they were going to OU.

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2005, 11:41 AM
So they run the table and win by 21 in each game... you win
Any victory or loss.. you lose

Panther Ross
02-10-2005, 11:43 AM
So they run the table and win by 21 in each game... you win
Any victory or loss.. you lose

WHAT?

jason
02-10-2005, 11:45 AM
WHAT? that will be our bet

if a&m spanks (wins by 21+) in all big 12 games, except oklahome - you win

if they win by less than 21 or lose - i win

the stakes: loser doesnt post, under any username, for a year

CHS_CG
02-10-2005, 11:50 AM
When is everybody goin to grow up and agree to disagree on all A&M and Texas subjects?

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
glad i could be of service to this bet :)

Panther Ross
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
that will be our bet

if a&m spanks (wins by 21+) in all big 12 games, except oklahome - you win

if they win by less than 21 or lose - i win

the stakes: loser doesnt post, under any username, for a year

Man that is impossible. Stop taking my SARCASM and making it for real. They will beat everybody except Oklahoma. I know for a fact that they will spank Texas and Baylor. That is just given.

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM

it appears to me you werent kidding...

Panther Ross
02-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Honestly, when I say spank, I mean beat. I'm off to lunch and will carry on this conversation later.

District303aPastPlayer
02-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Honestly, when I say spank, I mean beat. I'm off to lunch and will carry on this conversation later.

tuck tail and run :D

CHS_CG
02-10-2005, 11:57 AM
tuck tail and run :D

Yall are such kids! Again .. agree to disagree grow up and go on about your days! I am sure I am not the only one sick of the A&M Texas talk

jason
02-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Man that is impossible. Stop taking my SARCASM and making it for real. They will beat everybody except Oklahoma. I know for a fact that they will spank Texas and Baylor. That is just given. http://img236.exs.cx/img236/3208/chicken4gp.gif

KTJ
02-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Yall are such kids! Again .. agree to disagree grow up and go on about your days! I am sure I am not the only one sick of the A&M Texas talk

I think everyone would like that but when your own kind starts threads such as this one, it's kinda hard not to talk about it.

CHS_CG
02-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I think everyone would like that but when your own kind starts threads such as this one, it's kinda hard not to talk about it.

I understand that. I am talkin to everybody not just longhorns or aggies EVERYBODY.. I know it gets really old for a lot of us to see stupid stuff be started about this topic day in and day out. That just my opinion.

TheDOCTORdre
02-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I understand that. I am talkin to everybody not just longhorns or aggies EVERYBODY.. I know it gets really old for a lot of us to see stupid stuff be started about this topic day in and day out. That just my opinion.
simple solution and I dont mean to sound like a jerk but dont look on this thread you already know what we are talking about on it so why do you continue to look on this thread if you are tired of it. Once again I am not trying to be a jerk

CHS_CG
02-10-2005, 03:02 PM
well when I open a thread that says 'Recruiting in the Big 12 South' that to me say its about big 12 not stupid childish crap about bets and that sort.

Ranger Mom
02-10-2005, 03:12 PM
simple solution and I dont mean to sound like a jerk but dont look on this thread you already know what we are talking about on it so why do you continue to look on this thread if you are tired of it. Once again I am not trying to be a jerk

Well I am tired of it also....and I really have no choice but to look at the the threads!!

Judging from the emails, IM's and PM's I have received...Talena is not the only one who is tired of it.

Also, there will be NO bets made where the loser agrees to not post for X amount of time....we already saw that it doesn't work.
If members are no longer allowed to post, it will be because me, Sinton66, Slpybear, Matthew328 or the Admin. made it so, NOT because they lost some stupid bet!

Now my next decision...does this thread stay open or closed??:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
02-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Woo Hoo....Close it!

WTG Ranger Mom!:thumbsup:

jason
02-10-2005, 03:55 PM
close it

Panther Ross
02-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Close it, but the aggies will still wreck.