PDA

View Full Version : 2005 recruits for Texas A&I..er...Texas A&M University-Kingsville

pirate44
02-03-2005, 05:46 PM
KINGSVILLE - The Texas A&M University-Kingsville football team announced on Wednesday the signing of 15 players to national letters of intent to attend the school, starting with the 2005 season. A complete list of signees is below.

Thermon Biggers III, 6'0", 225, LB, Houston, Texas (Bush HS)
Jason Bradford, 6'6", 320, OL, Houston, Texas (Westside HS)
David Bratton, 6'0", 250, DL, Brenham, Texas (Brenham HS)
Jeremy Brown, 5'10", 175, K/P, Gregory-Portland, Texas (Gregory-Portland HS)
Aaron Collins, 5'11", 185, DB, Baytown, Texas (Baytown Sterling HS)

Earned first team All-Distict honors at cornerback... Earned three letters playing for Coach Herb Minyard at SHS... Also was a two-year letterwinner in track and field.

Derek Garcia, 5'11", 180, FB/DB, Edinburg, Texas (Economedes HS)

Was a first-team All-District selection and was named running back of the Year for EEHS... Helped Economedes to the Bi-District Championship... A strong student who earned AB Honor Roll recognition... Also lettered in track and field.

Thomas Macie, 6'0", 300, OL, East Chambers, Texas (East Chambers HS)
Roderick Moseley, 5'11", 190, CB, Austin, Texas (Ranger JC)
Wesley Phillips, 6'4", 300, OL, Whittier, Calif. (Cerritos JC)
Shane Puckett, 6'0", 240, FB, Kerrville, Texas (Tivy HS)

Was a two-time All-District honoree for former Javelina and current THS Coach Mark Smith... Helped the Antlers to three straight playoff appearances... Earned AB Honor Roll recogntion.

Ryan Richardson, 5'10", 180, RB, Edinburg, Texas (Economedes HS)

Earned second team All-State recogntion at running back for Coach Oscar Salinas... Rushed for 1887 yards on the ground and 30 touchdowns in just nine games... Set the Rio Grande Valley record for rushing yards with 398 and six touchdowns in three quarters of action... Also named All-Bay Area MVP and first team All-Bay Area... All-Valley MVP on offense... Earned AB honor roll recogntion.

Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, 6'4", 260, DL, Houston, Texas (Forest Brook HS)
Markeith Wesley, 6'0", 300, OL, Navasota, Texas (Navasota HS)
Joe Williams, 5'9", 180, RB, Houston, Texas (Forest Brook HS)
Terrance Woods, 6'1", 250, Seguin, Texas (Seguin HS)

Vrabird
02-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Looks like A&I has received a great young kicker. Seen Jeremy Brown use his leg in several high school games this past year. Not only does he have a powerful and accurate field goal leg, but he also is a defensive weapon as a punter by placing the other team in a hole by kicking the ball out inside the 20 yard line. GO HOGS!!!

Phil C
02-04-2005, 10:36 AM
I agree with you about Brown Vra. I am surprised that Texas and some of the other big schools didnt' try to get him. What a steal for the Hogs but we like that. :)

pirate44
02-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree with you about Brown Vra. I am surprised that Texas and some of the other big schools didnt' try to get him. What a steal for the Hogs but we like that. :)
Coach Cundiff is a pretty good recruiting tool. he is a players coach especially for the guys who like intimidating coaches. he was defense coordinator when i was there.i didnt play for him but he was my weight training instructor. great guy. Not to mention A&I has a long tradition of winning and sending players to the NFL. the drawback of couse is the absense of night life in Kingsville. but then again, maybe that's a plus.