PDA

View Full Version : Softball Predictions

BettyBoop
02-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Anyone got any thoughts on the upcoming softball season? I think La Grange has a great team coming up.

chs_cheer06
02-03-2005, 05:10 PM
I think Caldwell will do pretty well this year!

GUT
02-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Can you say LADY RAIDERS of RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHKrystal06
02-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by GUT
Can you say LADY RAIDERS of RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lady Raiders of Rice....yes, I can say it...

Bellville22
02-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Bellville should once again be good. Have quite a bit of talent returning, and should get contributions from absolutely loaded Fr. and So. classes.

But once again, Region III will be very tough, I'm sure.

Rainman
02-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Splendora looks to return as the power house in the state and the heavily stacked Region III, but with the returning talent and the coach and system in place another year, I look to the Barbers Hill Eagles to challenge Splendora for the district and regional crowns. The Region III winner will be hard to beat.

Old Cardinal
02-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Wow, Everywhere you look there are teams stacked with top-flight premium select team players in Region III. I see the strong teams across the state in no particular order as---Huntington-with great talent that plays for the Houston Power Program, Caldwell graduated heavily but has Brandi C. back, Splendora and Barbers Hill has their pick of the greater Houston talent. Bridge City is loaded with good pitching. West Orange-Stark brings in good select team talent to play 3A for the first time.

Outside of Region III Lindale is still the premier pick of the liter; followed by Snyder, Borger and Canyon. If I were to guess Huntington gets the nod for the early-in-the-season first ranking.

Down our way I think Little Cypress-Mauriceville and maybe Nederland are possibly candidates for State Champion in 4A....

RiverRatDad
02-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Wharton is going to have a tough road to get to return to the state finals. Jr pitcher C. Maztke, who has pitched the team to Austin the last two years, had off season rotator cuff surgery, and the team lost 4 starters to graduation. Coach Orsag has some good freshman moving up, but they have big cleats to fill at SS, 3rd, catcher and outfield losing 4 year letterman at those positions. Should be an interesting year. If the young ones grow up quickly and the pitcher comes back we could be returning to Austin for the 3rd year in a row. If not, we could be fighting for the 3rd spot in a tough district with Columbia, Needville and Sweeny. Don't count region 4 short again this year, as 2 of the top 5 teams last year were from here in the final poll.

pirate44
02-04-2005, 01:42 PM
the Sinton GodFather has informed me that Sinton will be tough this year.

RiverRatDad
02-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Seems Sinton is tough every year.

AP Panther Fan
02-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by RiverRatDad
Seems Sinton is tough every year.

in more sports than I want to admit! :rolleyes: :D :D

Old Cardinal
02-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Some teams with good Coaching that may do well include: Sweeny(Billy Hicks), Borger(Misty Shakley), Sealy(Casey Anderson), Buna(Marci Anderson), Caldwell(Wendy Weiss), Hamshire-Fannett(Shorty Dequir), Bridge City(Kori Taylor), WO-S(Randy Ragsdale), and a great Coach at Huntington whom I forget her name.
I think good coaching will count a lot since there are so many good balanced teams.

In 4A Little Cypress-Mauriceville under Tom Wooley will thrive as well as Nederland under Sissy Lemons.

It's kind of interesting Kelly HS a Catholic school may well have the strongest team in TX because they can recruit and have top coaching, to boot.

18handicap
02-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the nice words!! We are off to a 6-2 start after finishing 3rd in the Columbia Tournament. Columbia won the tourney (they beat us 1-0 in the semis) and are 7-0 for the season. They are very good right now and will be a force in Region IV.

lobo12
02-22-2005, 06:29 PM
monahans has a lot of returning starters but also lost a lot of seniors, the main problem for them will be finding another pitcher