PDA

View Full Version : For UT fans only

Phil C
02-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I know the GodFather has neglected you except for bad news of Perrilloux not keeping his word and going to LSU and Bennett deciding on going to Texas A&M but I promised you some encouraging words so here goes. Texas lost some great ones but they also got some great ones. Given time these years recruits are going to win you over and be better than most people think. Take this from an old man who has watched over the years. Even though when you are ranked high in the recruiting classes that does not always carry over to the future. None of us has a crystal ball that can foretell the future with complete accuracy. Things can happen with any recruiting class such as injuries, getting mad and transferring and then sometimes just being overated and not as good as people thought you were, and also not living up to your potential to name a few. I have seen classes that were thought to be great were not so great and others that weren't considered great turned out to do great. Of course some top classes did do great but you never know. But remember the GodFather has been right the last few days and I am telling you that this years' Texas recruits are going to win you over.
Remember Texas did not have as many recruting scholarships available because they didnt' lose a lot of seniors this year and other good stars decided to stay at Texas their senior year which is good because we return a lot of good players next year. What Texas needs to do is work hard and have another good year and really hit the recruiting trail for the 2006 class. We will have the scholarships available then to get a top class.
Another thing about losing Perrilloux is that it opens the door to a 2006 recruit quarterback Matthew Stafford of Highland Park. He has said that he knows that Perrilloux is a franchise guy and that if he went to LSU he would be interested in Texas because he doesn't want to ride the bench until his senior year. So that is one for Texas to go after. Overall look for recruting to go well in 2006.

big daddy russ
02-03-2005, 11:55 AM
You know Phil, this year's Thorpe Award winner was a three-star recruit out of Augusta, GA.

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
None of us has a crystal ball that can foretell the future with complete accuracy. its not a crystal ball, but is a magic 8-ball, and it has been pretty accurate in telling me what is gonna happen. :D it told me that you are right, this will be a very good class for texas, it has much potential to take home alot of wins in the future.