PDA

View Full Version : Terrius Purvey

HighSchool Fan
02-02-2005, 06:31 PM
signed a letter of intent to play for blinn junior college. does anyone have any info on them?

Bulldog_12
02-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Blinn? Hmmmm, something doesnt sound right. Maybe his grades were low and is waiting in JUCO. Could this maybe tie in with A&M??? Fran's son is the HC there now. :thinking:

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 06:34 PM
That is a nice transition.

big daddy russ
02-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
signed a letter of intent to play for blinn junior college. does anyone have any info on them? The Buccaneers are typically a breeding ground for A&M-bound players. They have an excellent program and produce a lot of D-I players (both Aggie and non-Aggie), but what happened with Purvey? Wasn't he one of the top ten backs in the nation?

Bulldog_12
02-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The Buccaneers are typically a breeding ground for A&M-bound players. They have an excellent program and produce a lot of D-I players (both Aggie and non-Aggie), but what happened with Purvey? Wasn't he one of the top ten backs in the nation?

Im just guessing his grades were not up to par with university standards at A&M and is now at Blinn to get them up and then transfer. Maybe thats just wishful thinking. I knew he had it down to us and OSU, so I wouldnt think he would be at a JUCO here if he was trying for OSU, but I don't know.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Playing at Blinn he will have his tranfer option open still and can make up his mind over the next year. He will also get to play at JUCO and probably would be red-shirted otherwise. Bad thing is that he losses a year of eligibility as he plays JUCO.

jason
02-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Maybe his grades were low they were low, he sat out a few weeks cause he couldnt pass...if he couldnt pass high school classes, theres no way he'll make it at a&m.....

AggieJohn
02-02-2005, 07:09 PM
trust me if he get's his grades up to get into a&m, he will pass here in classes

Astrosdawg07
02-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by jason
they were low, he sat out a few weeks cause he couldnt pass...if he couldnt pass high school classes, theres no way he'll make it at a&m.....

Ya P.E. is pretty tough...:D

HighSchool Fan
02-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by jason
they were low, he sat out a few weeks cause he couldnt pass...if he couldnt pass high school classes, theres no way he'll make it at a&m.....

as far as you or i know, his grades were only low for 1 six weeks, any think else is just speculation.

dogdad
02-02-2005, 11:48 PM
as far as you or i know, his grades were only low for 1 six weeks, any think else is just speculation.

does he have any other problems besides grades?

g$$
02-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Trust me, finding majors for kids at A&M is not easy. College of Agriculture is basically the only option for lots of kids, & they resist going there (inner city, no interest, etc.). Kinesiology is NOT an easy path at A&M. I am not saying that it is engineering or biomed, but it is not for the weak of heart. Fran hoped it would be & found out differently recently when a couple of kids flunked out. The science kills them & there is lots of it. I am speaking from my work experience in athletics. This is a real issue at A&M as we do not have general studies, etc. as a degree option. Liberal Arts & Business won't take them either. Lots of schools, like Nebraska, have specific degree plans for athletes. And, Mr. Purvey will have to pass 48 transferable hours before he even thinks of coming to A&M or anywhere else D1. But hey, we got Robert Ferguson in, so it can be done (he stayed 4 months = went pro). It is not as easy as "getting his grades up" & waltzing on in. Hope this helps.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
does he have any other problems besides grades?

who said he has a grade a problem besides the one he had after the 1st six weeks?

spiveyrat
02-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
trust me if he get's his grades up to get into a&m, he will pass here in classes

You're a freshman, right? Just wait...

big daddy russ
02-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
You're a freshman, right? Just wait... I'm not sure, but I actually think he's an upperclassman spivey.

dogdad
02-03-2005, 07:43 PM
who said he has a grade a problem besides the one he had after the 1st six weeks?
so, are you telling me has does not have a grade problem?

and, once more, does he have any other problems?

Old Tiger
02-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Congratulations to him. He will probably transfer in a couple of years.

HighSchool Fan
02-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
so, are you telling me has does not have a grade problem?

and, once more, does he have any other problems?

i'm just saying that no one on here does know if he has grade problems. just alot of speculation going on. if someone knows for sure if he has grade problems, show us the proof.

CRHSeagle
02-04-2005, 12:49 AM
I've heard things like that too about his grades from a friend of a friend but then again that's not very reliable. I also heard that his SAT scores weren't high enough which is probably the reason I suspect.