PDA

View Full Version : College Player Hits 90-Foot Shot in OT Win

Holmes_Fans
02-02-2005, 06:25 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050202/ap_on_sp_co_ne/bko_90_foot_shot

PhiI C
02-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Fantastic! Too bad they didn't have a film clip of it.

Holmes_Fans
02-02-2005, 09:25 PM
I saw an actual clip of it on TV a few days ago.

PhiI C
02-03-2005, 12:53 AM
They showed one on ESPN about two years ago I think when a high school team scored with about two seconds left on a layup to go ahead by one point. The other team threw in the ball about seven feet in and the player threw a desperation shot. Time expired right after he threw it and the ball made it in giving his team the win.

PhiI C
02-03-2005, 12:59 AM
In 1940 (I think - other Sintonites may be able to correct me) Sinton and Taft both had good basketball teams and during the year split both games (decided by one or two points - that is how even the two teams were). They tied for district and decided to have a three game playoff with Sinton winning the coin toss and getting the home advantage in game 1 and game 3 if necessary. Sinton won the first game in a very close one (as I said all the games were decided by one or two points). Red Hendley (The Sinton Sign Painter) was a star on the Sinton team. Sinton was winning by one point in the last seconds in Taft in game two. The game ended and Red told me that the Refs called a foul after the game was over and time expired. Anyway they allowed the Taft player two free throws which he made giving Taft the win setting the final showdown in Sinton. In game three it was again close and Taft scored with just a few seconds left to go ahead by one. The Sinton player inbounded it to Red who was at half court and just had time to try a desperation shot which went in giving Sinton the game and the district. It was just that kind of game between two good and very evenly matched teams.

District303aPastPlayer
02-03-2005, 01:02 AM
it was the #10, 7,5,3, and 1 play on ESPN a couple of days ago

sahen
02-03-2005, 02:17 AM
sry guys i didnt see that yall were deprived the right of watching this crazy shot earlier but here is the a link to the video....

http://wfmynews2.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=35718

there is 2 different links u can click on in the white box on teh right of the text and under the picture of a basketball going through the hoop...one of them is the shot and the other is the interview the station did with him the day after....do u think he could hit this insane shot again? watch the interview and find out! :) have fun

also if u have espn motion on ur computer u can go to espn.com and go to college basketball and watch the shot in the game on there....however i recommend checking that interview out too, just to see if he can do it again...

Phil C
02-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Incredible shot! Good investigative work sahen!

oh well
02-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Great story enjoyed reading it

89JDAWG
02-03-2005, 11:03 AM
good work nice web page we need that in se tx.

sahen
02-03-2005, 09:16 PM
ttt....just incase someone didnt get to watch