PDA

View Full Version : Highschool Fan

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 05:31 PM
How was Jerome Hewitt, RB/WR last year? I noticed he signed with Southeastern Oklahoma.

Just curious what you thought about him. I did see Gainesville play but only once and it was against Decatur. I don't really remember Jerome.

HighSchool Fan
02-02-2005, 06:29 PM
If Jerome was 3-5 inches taller and a little heavier, he could of picked his college. he is faster and more elusive than purvey. his size is what held him down. this last week he won 1st place in a powerlifting meet in the 165lbs. he was also named outstanding lifter there. you won't find many people that has as much class as the person.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Does he run track also? In an email from the head coach (I'm on a list serv - Booster club) he said that they were after speed this year. Just curious if he was a track man too. Also did he play more Rb or WR? I know Southeastern needs help in both areas. They do have a HB back that started last year but they need depth.

HighSchool Fan
02-02-2005, 06:37 PM
he played mostly RB, he filled in when purvey failed. i don't know if he runs track. i do remember when gainesville played pilot point and everyone was talking about how fast jaral johnson (sp) was. 2 or 3 times jerome blew by johnson and would increase the distance between them easily. this kid can fly.

HighSchool Fan
02-02-2005, 06:38 PM
this is from a fan site from gainesville

Gainesville coaches have said all along that Leopard senior running back
Jerome Hewitt is a warrior. Well during Friday's District 6-3A battle
with Pilot Point, Hewitt proved his coaches right.
Hewitt, who stands just 5-foot-7 and weighs just 150 lbs., rushed for
246 yards and 4 touchdowns as the Leopards defeated the Bearcats 30-13
at Massey Stadium.
The senior tailback has spent most of the past two seasons in the
shadows as the spotlight shined on fellow senior Terrius Purvey. But
with Purvey ineligible, Hewitt is now getting his chance to shine.
"We have a special kid in Jerome Hewitt," GHS head coach Jeff Cordell
said. "Jerome stepped up and the rest of our team stepped up. It was a
collective effort tonight."

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Glad to have him at Southeastern. I saw one of the kids play at Altus when they played Vernon and he is a very good player. (Jones). He is big and quick. I need to find out more about the QB we got from Lufkin.

We also got Eric Favors from Vernon and he and my kiddo played very well togther in the secondary last year.

HighSchool Fan
02-02-2005, 06:42 PM
i'm gonna have to come over there next season. save me a seat

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Will do. They are getting a new stadium. Hope it is ready in time. Should be state of the art. The one they have now is terrible!

I pass right through Gainesville on my way. Always seem to be stopping and getting gas there.

Keith7
02-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Jerome is a track athlete.. he competes in the 100 and 200.. he is a quick son of a gun.. he makes GREAT cuts, he is very frustrating to try and tackle, and good luck finding him behind a beefy lineman

Keith7
02-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Jerome Hewitt's Rushing stats

Jerome Hewitt 115 Att 1054 Yards 15 Tds

lepfan
02-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Will do. They are getting a new stadium. Hope it is ready in time. Should be state of the art. The one they have now is terrible!

I pass right through Gainesville on my way. Always seem to be stopping and getting gas there.

The one they have now is ancient!!! They better be careful...they may stumble across some dinosaur fossils. :)