PDA

View Full Version : Bennett had nothing to do with it!

Phil C
02-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Rumors have started that Bennett encouraged Perrilloux to attend LSU and that this influenced him to go there. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It is possible that he encouraged him to go there (and at least he didnt' encourage him to go to Oklahoma!) but that would have been an irrelevant part in Perrilloux's decision. The big factor is that his family and mother wanted him to stay close to home and that is the main reason he changed his mind and went there. Trust the GodFather on this one.

Bull's-eye
02-02-2005, 04:56 PM
I heard that Bennett received a phone call from Perrilloux wanting him to go to LSU. Bennett's father said that LSU didn't recruit his son for basketball and that was the main reason they lost out.

Phil C
02-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I heard that Bennett received a phone call from Perrilloux wanting him to go to LSU. Bennett's father said that LSU didn't recruit his son for basketball and that was the main reason they lost out.

Well it sounds like it was the other way around. They are friends and it is only natural they would talk to each other. I am glad that Bennett decided to stay in State even though I would have preferred to have had him at UT.