PDA

View Full Version : Good Grief!!!!!

Ranger Mom
02-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Is everyone else getting a "confirmed offer" for a Capital One credit card in the mail about every 3-4 days?? I get one and my husband gets another one!

In the past 2-1/2 weeks, I bet I have gotten it 5 times....I didn't respond the first and second time....what makes them think that I am any more interested the 3rd, 4th and 5th time.

To add insult to injury, we are also getting them for my husband's ex-wife and her new husband...which really ticks hubby off. (She never lived in this house).

I have got to where I just open the envelope, and stuff everything that's inside into their enclosed "No postage necessary if mailed in the United States" envelope and send it all back to them!

It probably won't do any good, but it makes me feel somewhat devious, so I therefore feel better!!

:D :D

big daddy russ
02-02-2005, 02:29 PM
I haven't married my first ex-wife just yet, but I have found her. :D

I have had a problem with both Capital One and First American Bank the past year or so. The garbage only runs once a week down here and those letters take up half the can. It's pretty annoying because the other half of the trash can gets filled with empty pizza boxes and beer cans... which leaves no room for the rest of our trash. But I guess that's what the neighbors are for.

CHS_CG
aww.. maybe u can send them a not so nice letter.

Bullaholic
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is everyone else getting a "confirmed offer" for a Capital One credit card in the mail about every 3-4 days?? I get one and my husband gets another one!

In the past 2-1/2 weeks, I bet I have gotten it 5 times....I didn't respond the first and second time....what makes them think that I am any more interested the 3rd, 4th and 5th time.

To add insult to injury, we are also getting them for my husband's ex-wife and her new husband...which really ticks hubby off. (She never lived in this house).

I have got to where I just open the envelope, and stuff everything that's inside into their enclosed "No postage necessary if mailed in the United States" envelope and send it all back to them!

It probably won't do any good, but it makes me feel somewhat devious, so I therefore feel better!!

:D :D

When you send it back to them, RM, enclose a letter with this text---"Thank you very much for your kind offer. Ever since I got out of prison no one has even offered to give me a "helping" hand. My lawyer says that it would probably be a while after my Chapter 7 filing, before anyone would be as kind as your company. My lithium perscription is taking every dollar that I have got left. Thank you again, and I look forward to applying for any more cards that your company has to offer. Sincerely...."

Ranger Mom
02-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Hehe!!

In this last one that I just put in the mail....I included a used kleenex and some sunflower seed shells in it!!

They send me their trash, I might as well send mine back!!:devil:

CHS_CG
02-02-2005, 02:34 PM
lol good job momma

Bullaholic
02-02-2005, 02:39 PM
A couple of years ago, RM, I read about a guy who requested that his name be placed on every "junk" mail list in the U.S. It seems that this guy had a pot-bellied stove, and used the "junk" mail to heat his home each winter.

spiveyrat
02-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Hehe!!

In this last one that I just put in the mail....I included a used kleenex and some sunflower seed shells in it!!

You're such a rebel! :D

HighSchool Fan
02-02-2005, 02:54 PM

thanks for the job security RM :)

JasperDog94
02-02-2005, 03:23 PM
I have got to where I just open the envelope, and stuff everything that's inside into their enclosed "No postage necessary if mailed in the United States" envelope and send it all back to them! That's awesome! Now why didn't I think of that?;)

BHKrystal06
02-02-2005, 03:53 PM
my dad just stuffs everything back in the empty envelope they send him and sends it back

spiveyrat
02-02-2005, 04:56 PM
While I love these ideas, I will continue to rip 'em up when I get them. I don't like taking the chance of someone getting their hands on an application with my name on it and them getting a card in my name that I would be responsible for.

Bullaholic
02-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
While I love these ideas, I will continue to rip 'em up when I get them. I don't like taking the chance of someone getting their hands on an application with my name on it and them getting a card in my name that I would be responsible for.

Quick!---shoot the wife, it's your only hope, Spivey....

pirate44
02-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Hehe!!

i bet you pay your income taxes in pennys too.:D

Ranger Mom
02-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i bet you pay your income taxes in pennys too.:D

Luckily, so far, they IRS has owed me.....gotta love those dependents!!:D

Ranger Mom
02-02-2005, 06:35 PM

LOL!!

I don't send MINE back...I send back the ex-wifes and new husband's!! :D

HighSchool Fan
02-02-2005, 06:39 PM

just send back an empty envelope. we can use the help. :D

Ranger Mom
02-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
just send back an empty envelope. we can use the help. :D

Exactly!! I don't always send what comes in the envelope....I just make sure the paper with the address is on there. I have been known to stick an empty cheeto package in there.

I always make sure I send some piece of trash along with it....just to make a point!!

pirate44
02-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Luckily, so far, they IRS has owed me.....gotta love those dependents!!:D
nothing like giving the government an interest free loan.:D
actually i did mine today online and im getting a nice check. looks like the wife is gonna get that new living room furniture she's been wanting:D

BrahmaMom
02-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Pirate44, you must've been reading the hints on women. I don't know if any specified: Give in while you are ahead, but it should have. RM is an example of an unhappy woman--they go to great lengths to make themselves feel better. New furniture is a small price for the governmnet to have paid for peace in your home (and a new spot for you to watch games from). RM, please be my friend, I can't afford to have you as my enemy! Seriously, I LOVE the used tissue and sunflower seeds. If you replace the application with your name on it with trash, nobody can apply in your name. Although the ex- and new spouse isn't a terrible idea, either. Lots of creative people on this board!!! Y'all all have a wonderful day!

pirate44
02-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Pirate44, you must've been reading the hints on women. I don't know if any specified: Give in while you are ahead, but it should have. RM is an example of an unhappy woman--they go to great lengths to make themselves feel better. New furniture is a small price for the governmnet to have paid for peace in your home (and a new spot for you to watch games from). RM, please be my friend, I can't afford to have you as my enemy! Seriously, I LOVE the used tissue and sunflower seeds. If you replace the application with your name on it with trash, nobody can apply in your name. Although the ex- and new spouse isn't a terrible idea, either. Lots of creative people on this board!!! Y'all all have a wonderful day!
i gave in pretty easily so i could get back my furniture i bought before i met my wife. now i get my old sofa and loveseat in my den so i can kick back, relax and listen to old Sinatra 45s.

spiveyrat
02-03-2005, 08:54 AM
LOL!!

I don't send MINE back...I send back the ex-wifes and new husband's!! :D

Ah! Well, that's a little different.

District303aPastPlayer
02-03-2005, 09:39 AM
can i claim someones kid.... :( i might wind up owin the IRS

Ranger Mom
02-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
RM is an example of an unhappy woman--they go to great lengths to make themselves feel better.

What gave you that idea??

I'm not unhappy, I'm just a b*t*h!!:p

pirate44
02-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
can i claim someones kid.... :( i might wind up owin the IRS
LOL. if youd quit claiming 5 dependents on your w4, you might not be in that predicament;)

BrahmaMom
02-03-2005, 10:21 AM
PastPlayer: I usually have one or two kids I'm disgruntled with and would share with you. The problem is they keep changing, so I wouldn't know what SS# to give you! RM: I didn't mean you were ALWAYS unhappy, just unhappy with the credit card co's, with good reason, and have come up with a brilliant way to let them know AND help the environment by recycling--I personally think you're the GREATEST (b*t*h or not!)! You ARE a MOM, after all!!

Bandera YaYa
02-03-2005, 10:28 AM
What gave you that idea??

I'm not unhappy, I'm just a b*t*h!!:p ...and that's what I love about you! :)