PDA

View Full Version : Dual Purpose thread.....A&M related

AggieJohn
02-02-2005, 02:37 AM
http://tinypic.com/1imzbs

First: I would like to apologize if i personally have offended anyone over the past few days with being so excited about people like the guy above. I would expect that t.u (yes,T.U.) would be like this too. In fact just because the didn't get bennett, doesn't meant that their signees aren't good, they still have 9 or 10 four star recruits. Aggies have class, but the also have pride, i can't, nor will i ever apologize for my pride in my school. It might seem that we are obnoxious sometimes, but we aren't doing it maliciously. Texas has always been our rival, we have always been their rival...this has been the fabric of texas football for 110 years or more...please understand that my school badgers texas as just a joke for us. we respect them as an institution, we respect their athletic program, we even respect mack brown:thinking: , know that this is just one of the things that we do...we do it because it's "tradition"....

Second: I want a Roll Call of Aggie Students, Classifcation.....i welcome former students too....i'm just curious to who all is a supporter, i would like to get them all to one thread for future "purposes"(i.e. "the invasion ;) ")

i expect bashing, let it begin....

Gsquared
02-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

First: I would like to apologize if i personally have offended anyone over the past few days with being so excited about people like the guy above. I would expect that t.u (yes,T.U.) would be like this too. In fact just because the didn't get bennett, doesn't meant that their signees aren't good, they still have 9 or 10 four star recruits. Aggies have class, but the also have pride, i can't, nor will i ever apologize for my pride in my school. It might seem that we are obnoxious sometimes, but we aren't doing it maliciously. Texas has always been our rival, we have always been their rival...this has been the fabric of texas football for 110 years or more...please understand that my school badgers texas as just a joke for us. we respect them as an institution, we respect their athletic program, we even respect mack brown:thinking: , know that this is just one of the things that we do...we do it because it's "tradition"....

Second: I want a Roll Call of Aggie Students, Classifcation.....i welcome former students too....i'm just curious to who all is a supporter, i would like to get them all to one thread for future "purposes"(i.e. "the invasion ;) ")

Doh, Aggies :doh:

pirate44
02-02-2005, 07:24 AM
OWNED??!! what, are you crazy??!! youre lucky cunbed is ROM.

JasperDog94
02-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Aggies have class, but the also have pride Pride should come from what your school does, not from insulting another school.

Bullaholic
02-02-2005, 10:31 AM

Just an oberservation, AJ. I think your "serious" threads such as this one would be taken a lot more seriously, if you would refrain from punctuating such posts with "jabs" such as the "T.U's" and downward pointing Hook Em's. Such references are considered "fair game" in all tongue-in-cheek and general rivalry threads, but send mixed messages when you are trying to be serious and apologetic. But you seem to be maturing and getting better....keep going in the right direction and keep it "light" and fun for all.

MtnAg
02-02-2005, 10:35 AM
MtnAg

Jet1
02-02-2005, 10:41 AM
AggieJohn I am not an Aggie fan but people need to stand up for what they believe in. If not their is no reason believe at all.
Way to stand up.

vet93
02-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Class of 1989, Vet Class of 1993

John...As a fellow Aggie I appreciate your enthusiasm. Loyalty to your school is a fine thing. I don't think that anyone has a problem with someone being a homer or supporting your school....I also think that it is fun to poke good natured fun at each other and give each other a hard time as long as we keep in mind (similar to what you suggested) that each school is a fine institution with great academics, athletics and alumni. However, there are times when I think that you cross the line and become a caricature of all the reasons that non-aggies hate aggies. I will admit that often you are unfairly attacked and that often you have to deal with people who are equally responsible for the air of negativity that sometimes seeps into these threads. Hopefully, we can all remember that we are all ambassadors for the schools that we support and that our comments (even when taken out of context) can sometimes do harm to the collective "reputation" of our schools. Good luck in your eduation at Aggieland!

Bulldog_12
02-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Class of '08
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Bullaholic
02-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by vet93

John...As a fellow Aggie I appreciate your enthusiasm. Loyalty to your school is a fine thing. I don't think that anyone has a problem with someone being a homer or supporting your school....I also think that it is fun to poke good natured fun at each other and give each other a hard time as long as we keep in mind (similar to what you suggested) that each school is a fine institution with great academics, athletics and alumni. However, there are times when I think that you cross the line and become a caricature of all the reasons that non-aggies hate aggies. I will admit that often you are unfairly attacked and that often you have to deal with people who are equally responsible for the air of negativity that sometimes seeps into these threads. Hopefully, we can all remember that we are all ambassadors for the schools that we support and that our comments (even when taken out of context) can sometimes do harm to the collective "reputation" of our schools. Good luck in your eduation at Aggieland!

Well said, as usual, Vet93. The Aggies do not have a monopoly on "dogmatic" behavior, such as AggieJohn sometimes displays, Vet93. There are plenty of us 'Horn supporters who get carried away at times, too. Thanks for showing the way to a lot of fine young people in our universities.

HighSchool Fan
02-02-2005, 12:00 PM

Aggies have class,

at what level do they start teaching it? hopefully your almost there.

big daddy russ
02-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I haven't seen him post for a while, but I know stallion02 reads the board quite a bit. He's class of '06.

KTJ
02-02-2005, 03:20 PM
What would give you any inclination that Texas fans would act like that? Give me an example.

And why would you, again, bring this up? Sounds like you're the one starting stuff, not "others." And if you think you're not doing this stuff "maliciously" then you need to think again. The aura given off of every post you have ever made, as well as your attitude and some of the other Aggies (not all) on this board, justifies that.

Who cares what recuit a school has? One recruit doesn't make your team the best. The team makes your team the best.

I don't even know why I wasted my time responding to this post.

JasperDog94
02-02-2005, 03:25 PM
KTJ, I would even go one step further and say that most Aggies on this board are respecful and still love and support their school. Unfortunately it's always the one or two (sometimes three) that give others a bad name.

AggieBob
02-02-2005, 05:03 PM
I am the proudest member of the Fightin Texas Aggie Class of 2008, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Holmes_Fans
02-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Go AGGIES!!!
BaaaAAAaaaAAAAAAaaahhh!!!!

AggieJohn
02-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by vet93

your right, i do cross the line sometimes, but i'm not perfect and am willing to admit that

sinton66
02-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I'll say once more. This is a high school football board, NOT an A&M board or a UT board. If yall want to take jabs at each other, take it to one of the college boards. Don't be clogging up this board with a bunch of worthless college BS.

ILS1
02-03-2005, 06:48 PM
The Aggies will be LUCKY to go 7-4 next year!! LOL!!! Gotta watch out for that POWERHOUSE Baylor,they may end up 6-5!! LOL!!

:eek:

big daddy russ
02-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
The Aggies will be LUCKY to go 7-4 next year!! LOL!!! Gotta watch out for that POWERHOUSE Baylor,they may end up 6-5!! LOL!!

:eek:
Hey 66, if I'm stepping over the line here just let me know... but ILS, would you care to make a bet? I think they can pull off seven. You don't. It's up to you to set the terms.

I was thinking something along the lines of the loser putting on a tutu with some makeup, taking a picture, and posting it as their sig for a month. Sound good? If not, let me know what does.

crabman
02-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of '82. Daughter '07 Son '09 (hopefully)

As far as 66 saying this is a 3A football board, give me a break. I see recipes, movies, girl problems, boy problems, boss problems, weather, girls college soccer, hunting. 3A football is what brings us together. It is what we have in common. Talk of things other than football is what gives our posters personality. Go to any other board. Boring....... I like the diversity. If this was just a 3A football board, we wouldn't have a chat room. Think about THAT.

AggieJohn
02-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by crabman

As far as 66 saying this is a 3A football board, give me a break. I see recipes, movies, girl problems, boy problems, boss problems, weather, girls college soccer, hunting. 3A football is what brings us together. It is what we have in common. Talk of things other than football is what gives our posters personality. Go to any other board. Boring....... I like the diversity. If this was just a 3A football board, we wouldn't have a chat room. Think about THAT.

touche'

Bulldog_12
02-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hey 66, if I'm stepping over the line here just let me know... but ILS, would you care to make a bet? I think they can pull off seven. You don't. It's up to you to set the terms.

I was thinking something along the lines of the loser putting on a tutu with some makeup, taking a picture, and posting it as their sig for a month. Sound good? If not, let me know what does.

Hmmm, no response. Wonder if someone is scared. :D

big daddy russ
02-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Hmmm, no response. Wonder if someone is scared. :D Maybe. :doh: :D :D :D

I actually ranked A&M in the top 10 whenever I voted on next year's top 25, four spots ahead of Oklahoma. I could see the Aggies pulling off nine regular season wins next year, maybe 10 if they can stay focused through the whole season.

lepfan
02-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
at what level do they start teaching it? hopefully your almost there.

HSF, I knew I liked you for a reason

AggieJohn
02-03-2005, 10:22 PM
yeah...the only thing legit to the 7-5 talk is that we play away at some tought places......death valley, boulder, norman, lubbock....

sinton66
02-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by crabman

This is primarily a highschool board. The rules say that other subjects can be deemed acceptable by the admins and mods. Arguments between Aggies and UT aren't acceptable to this mod on here. I don't want to read all the sniping and back-handed insults and all that garbage. If I wanted to see all that, I'd frequent THEIR boards.

Holmes_Fans
02-03-2005, 11:00 PM

ILS1
02-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Hmmm, no response. Wonder if someone is scared. :D

"I ain't never scared"-Bone Crusher

Believe it or not I have a life outside of this message board!!! I'll take that bet that they won't win more than 7 games!!! Gotta watch out for Baylor!! LOL!! Pucker up honey and put your pumps on!!!

:p

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2005, 12:14 AM

Man, you're brave! Also very creative. :D Now I know why Jason didn't want to take your bet the other day. ;) I can hardly wait for this one. :eek:

big daddy russ
02-04-2005, 12:39 AM
...I think they can pull off seven. You don't...

Originally posted by ILS1
"I ain't never scared"-Bone Crusher

Believe it or not I have a life outside of this message board!!! I'll take that bet that they won't win more than 7 games!!! Gotta watch out for Baylor!! LOL!! Pucker up honey and put your pumps on!!!
Oh, it's on. Once they get to 7, you're welcome to begin your punishment anytime between then and the final BCS Bowl. Same terms for me once they lose 5. This is gonna be fun.

ILS1
02-04-2005, 01:01 AM
BTW,this bet is for the REGULAR season and not the bowls!!! Once the aggies go 7-4 or 6-5 they'll probably make the GalleryFurniture Bowl or the Sun Bowl. That's the terms,take it or leave it!!!

:p

big daddy russ
02-04-2005, 03:50 AM
I'll take it.

D. R. Hooks
02-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Class of '95 here, but I don't post on this board for college sports.

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

http://www.flickingerweather.com/aggie.gif