PDA

View Full Version : Revisited Rockdale

BrahmaMom
02-01-2005, 09:53 PM
I was in Rockdale Saturday for a junior high basketball tournament. First stopped by the football field to visit the spot that changed my son's future--tore his ACL there in the first game of his senior year. I have to say, it was emotional, though it got him where he is and should be. What I realized, two and a half years belatedly, is that I never thanked the Rockdale coaches and players for their kindness and compassion that night, along with their immediate response to a player in agony. Tiger fans, please pass this Mom's appreciation on to those coaches, along with my apology for not doing so sooner. They were great and you are lucky to have them. Then I went over to the junior high after that, where #3 son encountered an arm, elbow, or misc. body part to the nose, followed by lots of, well, it's broken, we'll leave it at that. Result: I am two for two of sons injured in the two Rockdale events I've attended! While they are gracious hosts, I hope we are never in the same district!

Old Tiger
02-01-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm sure it's just coincidental.

BrahmaMom
02-02-2005, 11:56 AM
No doubt it's coincidental, I just come from a family of athletes who happen to be superstitious (anyone remember #1 son's superstitious beliefs? That filthy baseball cap he used year after year?). I am fond of a former Rockdale player who, I believe, is at UH--a fine young man. I just am not sure I want any of my babies playing there again.

89JDAWG
02-02-2005, 11:59 AM
maybe if you dont attend nothing will happen (I heard of a mom doing this before)

Astrosdawg07
02-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
maybe if you dont attend nothing will happen (I heard of a mom doing this before)

Don't make her feel bad...

89JDAWG
02-02-2005, 12:06 PM
it just breaks the jinx

BrahmaMom
02-02-2005, 12:08 PM
I had actually considered this during a hitting slump for #2 son. It is painful to stay away. Thanks for the consideration, Astrosdawg--with four boys, it takes more than that to make me feel bad!