PDA

View Full Version : Important question...

big daddy russ
02-01-2005, 06:04 PM
For the guys, which shaving cream do you prefer? I've been a Nivea guy for about two years now but a buddy of mine was telling me to switch to Neutrogena. That Neutrogena stuff is five bucks, but he swears by it and every man knows that you don't skimp on your toilet paper or your shaving cream. I know Nivea is fifty times better than my old Colgate Cream or Edge Gel. Which one do you prefer?

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 06:07 PM
All Ive ever used is the Edge gel.

rockdale80
02-01-2005, 06:20 PM
edge for sensitive skin works great for me..

pirate44
02-01-2005, 06:27 PM
im an old fashioned Barbasol kinda guy. inexpensive and just works just as well as all those "hi-tech" fru fru creams

Old Cardinal
02-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Try fresh aloe vera juice right from the plant. Then use the aloe vera juice after shaving for conditioner and after shave lotion.

jason
02-01-2005, 06:33 PM
just slap some warm water on ur face...quit bein a pansy :D

big daddy russ
02-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by jason
just slap some warm water on ur face...quit bein a pansy :D

Originally posted by big daddy russ
...every man knows that you don't skimp on your toilet paper or your shaving cream...
You can be tough about broken bones, scars, and road rash. But your TP shouldn't be the John Wayne stuff and your shaving cream should be equally soft on your skin. It's just one of those guy things I thought we all understood.:D :D :D

big daddy russ
02-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
im an old fashioned Barbasol kinda guy. inexpensive and just works just as well as all those "hi-tech" fru fru creams My dad was a Barbasol guy until I introduced him to Nivea. It's $2.19 at HEB, not too expensive, and he swears by it now. You should give it a try, 44.

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jason
just slap some warm water on ur face...quit bein a pansy :D somedays i dont even have time to do that!! i just pull a razor accross my face and run.

pirate44
02-01-2005, 07:08 PM
in my bachelor days, id use that orange hand soap when i was too lazy to go to the store. youd be suprised at how soft it made your face

TheDOCTORdre
02-01-2005, 07:10 PM
One time at church camp me and some guys got some toothpaste and told a guy that he needed to try this new shaving gel, and that was quite a show:D

pirate44
02-01-2005, 07:13 PM
has anyone had a shave from an old fashion barber shop with a straight razor and HOT shaving cream? i think they put a hot towel on your face to soften things up. ive always wanted to try that.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-01-2005, 11:01 PM
The neutrogena is the best shaving gel out there. They also have a "razor defense" face moisturizer that really soothes razor burn and irritation. I use both and have never had a better shave.

pirate44
03-28-2005, 09:52 AM
bought that expensive Nutregena and now regret it for the money i wasted :( . my old barbasol is just as good and a fraction of the cost.

AP Panther Fan
03-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
bought that expensive Nutregena and now regret it for the money i wasted :( . my old barbasol is just as good and a fraction of the cost.

YOU ARE SO FUNNY! I guess you have been debating this since this thread began. You crack me up!:D

pirate44
03-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
YOU ARE SO FUNNY! I guess you have been debating this since this thread began. You crack me up!:D
i waited till mine ran out before i bought more. i wasnt going to, but my wife insisted i try to so-called "good stuff".

Ranger Mom
03-28-2005, 09:59 AM
LOL! I have found MY razor (Schick Intuition - with the soap around the blade) in my husbands shower on more than one occasion.

He sheepishly admitted that it makes my legs so soft he thought he would try it on his face....he's hooked!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/schick_intuition.jpg

pirate44
03-28-2005, 10:05 AM
i was imagining that nutragena would have some kind of Nair solution that would disolve them or make the whiskers fall out by the root. i guess i set my expectations way too high

AP Panther Fan
03-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL! I have found MY razor (Schick Intuition - with the soap around the blade) in my husbands shower on more than one occasion.

He sheepishly admitted that it makes my legs so soft he thought he would try it on his face....he's hooked!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/schick_intuition.jpg

Those look pretty neat in the commercial, I might have to try it.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
03-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Those look pretty neat in the commercial, I might have to try it.:thinking:

They are great. The blades are a little bit pricey....about $7 for three...but they last through several "sessions"!

I have found they last longer if used in the shower and not the bathtub though!

raider red 2000
03-28-2005, 10:27 AM
i shave my face in the shower and usually just lather up my face with soap....works for me....it was bad when i uesd the cheap razors...but now that i have a pretty pink one it isnt too bad....jk...i have a mach 3 but no cream for me.