PDA

View Full Version : Did Kobe cause Rudy T to step down

Green Ranger
02-01-2005, 04:56 PM
It is reported on ESPN.com that Rudy T is stepping down after the game against Portland tonight. States his health, although not a relapse of cancer and the way the Lakers have played for the reason. I still say Kobe had something to do with it.

sahen
02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
wow....im shocked...i bet kobe was being a pain....well i hope he comes back and does stuff in the rockets franchise...he was great for houston..

Green Ranger
02-01-2005, 05:04 PM
The Story on ESPN:

Rudy Tomjanovich will step down as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers after tonight's game against the Portland Trail Blazers, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

His health, although not a relapse of bladder cancer, and dissatisfaction with the way the Lakers are playing contributed to the decision, sources told Bucher.

Tomjanovich missed Sunday's game because of a stomach virus, and did not attend practice on Monday.

Assistant coach Frank Hamblen will become the interim coach.

The Lakers hired Tomjanovich on July 10, replacing Phil Jackson. They are 23-19, in seventh place in the Western Conference.

Tomjanovich, who guided the Houston Rockets to back-to-back NBA titles in 1994 and 1995, was in the first year of a five-year contract worth a reported $30 million. He left the Rockets after 12 season in May 2003 after being diagnosed with bladder cancer.

"It's just excitement, nothing but excitement," Tomjanovich said this fall about his return. "It's a positive. I've been like a young school boy since this has happened. At times I haven't gotten to sleep, but it's not anxiety. It's excitement."

After losing to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals, the Lakers ended their successful partnership with Jackson and traded Shaquille O'Neal to the Miami Heat.

Hamblen has been a coach on five championship teams, three with the Lakers and two under Jackson with the Chicago Bulls.

Information from The Associated Press and SportsTicker was used in this report

Four more years for that amount of Money, Kobe is behind this somehow.

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 05:14 PM
I say kobe is to blame. Everyone that is around him seem to not like him at all. Poor Rudy T.

JasperDog94
02-02-2005, 10:39 AM
I don't feel one bit sorry for Rudy T. He's a smart man and should have known the situation he was walking into. Everyone that is around Kobe for any length of time walks away with a bad taste in their mouth.

89JDAWG
02-02-2005, 10:56 AM
I wish the lakers would cut kobe and give him a reality check

Bulldog_12
02-02-2005, 10:58 AM
They wont ever do that. Simply because he is a great player, and right now the Lakers need a good player. If they lose him, they lose ANY hope of playoffs in the future. They are just too weak without him.

Jody
02-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Maybe Carl Malone and Rudy T had a secret three-some with Kobe's wife? :D :D :D

Be nice, I was talking about poker..... or pokeher, however it is spelled :D

TheDOCTORdre
02-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Be nice, I was talking about poker..... or pokeher, however it is spelled :D
doh:doh:

Jody
02-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
doh:doh:

Kobe's wife accused Carl of hitting on her.........it's a joke...LOL :doh:

TheDOCTORdre
02-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Kobe's wife accused Carl of hitting on her.........it's a joke...LOL :doh:
ya i know

KTJ
02-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Rudy T. was the wrong man for the job to begin with. Great coach, but not a good fit.

Bulldog_12
02-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah, you knew the moment they announced that he would be coaching there that it would eventually go into meltdown. I didnt think it would happen this fast, but I knew he and Kobe would mix together like oil and water.

htowntransplant
02-02-2005, 04:34 PM
rudy t would be great with t-mac, but i think he will remove himself from the game and live a more low-profile life now.

PhiI C
02-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Rumor is that the Lakers want Phil Jackson back.

Bulldog_12
02-03-2005, 01:15 AM
I heard that too Phil. They will have to have some serious numbers working to get Phil back, IF they can get him back at all.
You and me must be the only ones on Phil.:D

TheDOCTORdre
02-03-2005, 01:26 AM
I've heard that LA is considering trying to get Jackson back, but I dont see it happening, if you have read Phil's book, and what he said about Kobe, I dont see anyway that he comes back to LA as long as Kobe is there