PDA

View Full Version : Possible coaching changes

eye of the tiger
01-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Read on another board that 3 good 3A coachs made the finals for the Marshall Texas head coach position.

Mark Copeland of Gainsville
Brent Davis of Sinton
Leonard McAngus of Gonzalas

This is from the old coach network and there are many other good names in the final 15 out of 87, but I thougt this would be of some interest.

bearcat1
01-23-2002, 08:30 AM
JUST-IN: Could be a major move NORTHWEST-ward by a ring-bearing 7-3A coach. We'll watch and see, but sources say it is his for the taking.
bc

Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Read on another board that 3 good 3A coachs made the finals for the Marshall Texas head coach position.

Mark Copeland of Gainsville
Brent Davis of Sinton
Leonard McAngus of Gonzalas

This is from the old coach network and there are many other good names in the final 15 out of 87, but I thougt this would be of some interest.

Matthew328
01-23-2002, 12:26 PM
Well I am assuming bc is talking about Buchannon...hmm where too??

Jacket2000
01-23-2002, 04:55 PM
Matt,look VERY closely. Im sure you can find the answer to your question.
Also, I hear that Danny Henson of Bridgeport is considering a few offers, as well.
J2K

eye of the tiger
01-23-2002, 07:05 PM
Jacket I think Henson was in the running for the Keller job but, I understand that an assistant at Denton Ryan got Keller. Dont know if Henson was in the running for any other job.

Jacket2000
01-23-2002, 07:36 PM
I think that he was also in the running for the Nacogdoches job.
J2K

oldbuff78
01-25-2002, 02:06 PM
ROBERT IVEY OF GIDDINGS IS OFF TO CONROE HIGH SCHOOL.GIDDINGS WILL MISS HIM, BUT HE WILL DO A GREAT JOB THERE. TRAVIS PRICE THE OFFENSIVE MAN WILL HOPEFULLY GET THE HEAD JOB TO KEEP THE HERD ROLLING!!!!!

Jacket2000
01-26-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by bearcat1:
JUST-IN: Could be a major move NORTHWEST-ward by a ring-bearing 7-3A coach. We'll watch and see, but sources say it is his for the taking.
bc

JUST-IN: That 7-3A coach will not be moving Northwest-ward; or possibly at all. Ive heard two stories, either he withdrew his name or the administration decided against him. Either way, he will not be heading Northwest-ward.
J2K

eye of the tiger
01-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Thought this might be of some interest.Talk on another board says that Hugh Sandifer(Abilene Wylie) is being considered for the HC job at Odessa. Lots of debate about this on both sides on whether he would leave Abilene Wylie for Odessa.

eye of the tiger
01-30-2002, 04:38 PM
Read today that Leonard McAngus of Gonzalas is the new head coach at Northwest high in Justin.

eye of the tiger
02-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Found this on another board. Several prominant 3A coachs in the finals for the Nacogdoches HC position.

Coy Brown, athletic director and head football coach at Kemp High School. Kemp placed fourth in its district last season.

Dan Burk, athletic director and head football coach at Wimberley High School. Wimberley was a 2001 state quarter-finalist. Burk was District 26-3A’s Coach of the Year last season

Ben Scharnberg, athletic director and head football coach at Atlanta High School. He is the winningest coach in Atlanta history with a record of 104-43-2, which includes seven district titles, six bi-district titles and five area titles

Jimmy Thompson, athletic director and head football coach at Garrison High School. Garrison was runner-up for the 2001 state championship last season. Thompson was the District 21 Coach of the Year.

Finis Vanover, athletic director and head football coach at Diboll High School. Diboll was 2000 district champion and 2001 bi-district champion. He was named coach 21-3A Coach of the Year three times

There are others but these are the 3A coachs in the running.

left2soon
02-05-2002, 06:09 PM
since we are talking about, other than 3a teams, i understand that coach britton from flowermound marcus fame was a leading canidate for the cooper high school job in 2a. also, commerce DC bill draughn was at the top of that list too. cant go wrong with either one of those east texas boys.

toby070
02-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Coach Burk is a great guy and a great coach,
I would hate to see him go, but I kind of wondered with the great senior class he's losing if the timing would be right for him to make a move now.

eye of the tiger
02-21-2002, 11:18 PM
I have just found out there are several 3A coachs that have made the finals for the LaMarque head coach position.

Bryan Erwin of Hillsboro
Dan Burk of Wimberly
Terry Cron of Commerce

Several good 5A and 4A coachs also in the final package.

toby070
02-27-2002, 01:44 PM
eye of the tiger, any new updates on these positions?

eye of the tiger
02-27-2002, 06:13 PM
Toby interviews are still going on but are supposed to be completed soon. Dan Burk from Wimberly is also a finalist for the Chapel Hill HC position.

eye of the tiger
02-27-2002, 10:29 PM
Toby I just found out from another board that Dan Burk interviewed with people from Navasota today at lunch(in Sealy) and then went to LaMarque for his interview there. NOt sure if his interview in LaMarque was today or tomorrow.

kaorder1999
02-27-2002, 10:59 PM
That would be about right...Commerce is used to finding a new coach after every year...minght as well go and start looking for another one now!!! Just kidding!!

toby070
02-28-2002, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the updates. Sounds like dan has had am exciting week. How long does it usually take for schools to make a final decision? LaMarque seems like as good a high school job as you could ask for.

toby070
03-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Looks like Wimberley is going to be looking for a new head coach, Dan Burk is going to be the new HC/AD at Navasota.

2AKH
03-22-2002, 10:48 AM
I hear that Wimberley is going to be pretty thin for the next 3 or 4 yrs. anybody know different just looking for some info

toby070
03-22-2002, 03:16 PM
Next year may be rough, but they have some kids that played as sophs late in the season that have some talent. Freshman were 5-5 I think. Just because of the type of character kids they usually have, I'd say they can definately be competitive, MAYBE for a third place next year, more likely the following year when the sophs are seniors, but I've heard they don't have a Meeks or Slaughter coming up in the next couple of years (who does though????).

I'm not a coach, but I spend a lot of time around the kids and staff, and I'd guess the job would be attractive just because of the support, great kids and facitities...their turf field is amazaing for a 3A school.