PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain....

Rabbit'93
02-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Why is it when a poster from UT says anything about UT, it is considered to be good, clean homerism. But when an A&M backer says anything he/she's been brainwashed, or they're being cocky, or someone who likes UT has to put their $.02 in. Seems to me the UT fans are uptight when it comes to A&M and they would have you believe otherewise. I hate it when no one can say anything good about their team without someone else chiming in from the other side.

I'll end it with this. I'm a fan of both schools. I do not prefer one over the other. I support the Mighty SMU Mustangs;)

KTJ
02-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Care to give an example?

And it sounds like you're already biased.

Gsquared
02-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Why is it when a poster from UT says anything about UT, it is considered to be good, clean homerism. But when an A&M backer says anything he/she's been brainwashed, or they're being cocky, or someone who likes UT has to put their $.02 in. Seems to me the UT fans are uptight when it comes to A&M and they would have you believe otherewise. I hate it when no one can say anything good about their team without someone else chiming in from the other side.

I'll end it with this. I'm a fan of both schools. I do not prefer one over the other. I support the Mighty SMU Mustangs;) True, its just funny that a school can be so obsessed with another school that everything that has to do with their traditions is aimed at that school . Saw em off and stuff like that. Texas throws them a bone every once and a while but other than that, they are an after thought with OU in the picture.

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Thats where I disagree. As I have stated before, this rivalry swings power. It always has. One team has been stronger and beat the crp out of the other for four or five years, then the other team takes their few years and etc. Back in the early ninties, People were saying that every once in a while, the Aggies were throwing a bone to UT. Im sure this domination is close to over. The rivalry wil become strong, and that media rivalry will be just a sideshow.

Rabbit'93
02-01-2005, 11:41 AM
I promise you I'm not biased. Hell I would love for UT (notice I said UT not TU) to win a national championship. I think some on here are somewhat jealous of the way aggie fans support there teams with such passion. IMO

True there have been instances when someone has posted about UT and an A&M fan has chimed in with something stupid. To tell you the truth it's all very tiresome.

Bullaholic
02-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

I'll end it with this. I'm a fan of both schools. I do not prefer one over the other. I support the Mighty SMU Mustangs;)

Rabbitt.....this subject has been addressed numerous times, so I will just give you my personal "take" on it. I think good-natured ribbing and kidding between students and fans of both schools has been a "fun" tradition that goes back many years. If you take the kidding in the "spirit" it was offered, just offer up a good-natured "jab" of your own and let it go at that. Anytime the "kidding" gets overly serious, personal, or heated---I'm done with it---that misses the point entirely and nobody enjoys it. So just have fun and "dish" it out as well as "take" it within reasonable boundaries, and do not take anything personally. We are very fortunate as a state to have institutions such as A&M and UT and all their tradtions and facillities for higher learning.

Rabbit'93
02-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Bullaholic I couldn't agree more. Both are fine schools.

big daddy russ
02-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey rabbit, I've thought that exact same thing for a while now, but if I would've brought it up I would've been branded a rapist goat-herder.

District303aPastPlayer
02-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hey rabbit, I've thought that exact same thing for a while now, but if I would've brought it up I would've been branded a rapist goat-herder.

LMAO!!!!

Bullaholic
02-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Well---goat-herder, anyhow, Russ. I know you to be a gentleman. :D

Gsquared
02-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Thats where I disagree. As I have stated before, this rivalry swings power. It always has. One team has been stronger and beat the crp out of the other for four or five years, then the other team takes their few years and etc. Back in the early ninties, People were saying that every once in a while, the Aggies were throwing a bone to UT. Im sure this domination is close to over. The rivalry wil become strong, and that media rivalry will be just a sideshow. I dont think one has ever really dominated the other. I think Texas is more on a national high right now than A&M is and I think it will continue as long as Mack Brown is there. Much is said about Mack not being a very good coach (I think he is) but you have to agree that he can recruit like no other. Ill tell you what you are going to see A&M start doing more of, and it is going to help them termendously, they are going to start using Blinn as sort of a farm system. They will hit Blinn for transfers hard within the next few years. Alot of good players that want to go to A&M but dont have the grades, will go to Blinn to develop physically and academically. Watch, its about to happen

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 11:56 AM
That has already started happening. Frans got that going. I have a buddy that goes there. When the athletes that we want and want to go here dont have the grades, they go to Blinn. Im sure it doesnt hurt that Fran's son is now the coach there.

rholl
02-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Bulldog 12 thh record for this series the Texas/Texas A&M series is something like 73-35 in favor of the Horns...I'd say the power swings more the Horns way.

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Im talking about here in the last 20 - 30 years. The power has swayed after periods of winning for both sides.

rholl
02-01-2005, 12:08 PM
oh I didn't realize you were just taking in a random time period that makes the Ags look better.

Phil C
02-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Both are great schools and there has always been good natured kidding between the two schools for a long time. I think I have posted some threads about some fine people from both schools. When I was younger I had relatives that went to UT and that is where I was a UT fan even though I didn't get to go to the school due to finances. However as I got older my niece and nephew went to Texas A&M and my nephew was on Coach Sherrill's twelved man team in the 80s so I had loyalty to both schools but fortunately or not it is hard to shake child hood loyalties. In a way maybe it's best I didnt' attent either school.

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by rholl
oh I didn't realize you were just taking in a random time period that makes the Ags look better.

Look, I never said anything BAD about UT. I just said that the power shifts every once in a while HERE LATELY. Geez. Someones panties are in a wad. :rolleyes:

rholl
02-01-2005, 12:28 PM
actually you said...." the rivalry swings power...it always has"...I'll agree it HAS LATELY"

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 12:32 PM
ha ha, I did. You win. My bad:D

Gsquared
02-01-2005, 12:36 PM
ha ha, I did. You win. My bad:D
Why cant I win? Just this once?:doh:

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 12:37 PM
FINE...........you can win too. Co-champions. We use BCS here, so this is legal.

rholl
02-01-2005, 01:35 PM
regardless...good pickup by the Ags yesterday....congrats.

Gsquared
02-01-2005, 01:37 PM
FINE...........you can win too. Co-champions. We use BCS here, so this is legal.
Thanks Bulldog, you can win next time. Woo hoo, im a winner!! What do I get???

HighSchool Fan
02-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Woo hoo, im a winner!! What do I get???

remember that blow-up doll you had last week? you win another date with her:D

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Ha Ha, I wish I could win.:(