PDA

View Full Version : Snyder HC to Monohans?

lobo dad
02-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Heard from the ol' grapevine that the people in Monohans contacted the Head Coach from Snyder. Anyone from Snyder or Monohans hear about this?
good athletes in Monohans, good coach in Snyder, could be a great fit.

Ranger Mom
02-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by lobo dad
Heard from the ol' grapevine that the people in Monohans contacted the Head Coach from Snyder. Anyone from Snyder or Monohans hear about this?
good athletes in Monohans, good coach in Snyder, could be a great fit.

Are you from Monahans??

Have I been spelling it wrong all this time? :confused:

Black_Magic
02-01-2005, 11:14 AM
LOL! good one Lobo dad! Stir it up!:thumbsup:

Jet1
02-01-2005, 11:28 AM
I don't know the details but I would think that would be a bad move.

Snyder_TigerFan
02-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Jet1
I don't know the details but I would think that would be a bad move.

I think you're right....it wouldn't be a smart move, he wouldn't be gaining much. They might have contacted him, but I'm sure he shot them down.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Bad move for the coach as he has a lot of starters back from a semi final team. Should be very good again next year.

vet93
02-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Would seem like a lateral move at best to me....the only reason that I would think that he might be interested would be because he is either unhappy in Snyder (have heard no indication of this) or Monahans pays alot more (not likely).

Black_Magic
02-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Would seem like a lateral move at best to me....the only reason that I would think that he might be interested would be because he is either unhappy in Snyder (have heard no indication of this) or Monahans pays alot more (not likely). I believe Monahans pays alot more if Im not mistaken but I doubt a move like that would happen.

lobo12
02-01-2005, 01:41 PM
i havent heard this but i doubt this will happen. the best thing for monahans to do would be to hire within the staff, get owens from ballinger who i thought it would be ever since there was talk of losin hanna, or doege from crane

lobo dad
02-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Would seem like a lateral move at best to me....the only reason that I would think that he might be interested would be because he is either unhappy in Snyder (have heard no indication of this) or Monahans pays alot more (not likely).

I agree that it is a lateral move, at best for him. But the word is that they want someone who has proven they can win. Snyder has been pretty successful the last few years with a different core of athletes each year. I think for Monahans to get him, they would have to lay something pretty big on the offering table.

chugbug
02-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Monahans has a man on their staff that should get the job. Rusty Roark took a school that hadn't won anything in football in the history of the school and turned them into winners. Monahans is lucky to have him there. :eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

CheerMom
02-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
Monahans has a man on their staff that should get the job. Rusty Roark took a school that hadn't won anything in football in the history of the school and turned them into winners. Monahans is lucky to have him there. :eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

I agree. Rusty would do a great job has the new HC/AD.

oh well
02-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Not going to happen!

Black_Magic
02-02-2005, 03:11 PM
I think Snyders Secondary/ Running backs coach should get it. he would do good there.

Black & Gold
02-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by oh well
Not going to happen!

Is this for sure Oh Well or are your just hoping!

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Graham has a head coaching position open as well.

scotty
02-02-2005, 07:17 PM
I was wondering when Rusty Roark's name would come up and I agree that he would be a great candidate.
I agree with other posters that he turned a program around that had never done any good in football and made them into a powerhours.
Rusty ran into some problems at Rice. He made a mistake in judgement and it cost him his job.
Good people however learn from their mistakes and as a result turn out to be better because of it. I believe Rusty has always been a good person and that incident made him ever better.
I would encourage the Monahans people to take a good hard look at Rusty.

lobo12
02-02-2005, 09:34 PM
i agree that he deserves a second chance and he is a great coach. i just think he should have to wait a little while longer to get a head coaching job.

oh well
02-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Look for a coach west of there to land this job. Not east Nad not in Monahans West

one&gone
02-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Would that be Willis in Pecos oh well?

oh well
02-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Could be but I think it may even be further west.

one&gone
02-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Fostell in Fabens?oh well?

chugbug
02-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Willis? Get Real. :eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

one&gone
02-03-2005, 11:43 AM
chugbug if you have something against Willis let him know. He is a good coach and person and would do a good job in Monahans. You are the only one that dogs him.