PDA

View Full Version : Question to A&M Posters..

District303aPastPlayer
02-01-2005, 10:11 AM
In no way is this meant to stir the pot, but why does signing Bennett turn your program around so quickly? He is one guy... i know he brings alot to the table... but still, he is just one guy...
i may be reading into the posts more than i should be, but an entire dorm partying because one play committed to A&M seems a bit outlandish

Bullaholic
02-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
In no way is this meant to stir the pot, but why does signing Bennett turn your program around so quickly? He is one guy... i know he brings alot to the table... but still, he is just one guy...
i may be reading into the posts more than i should be, but an entire dorm partying because one play committed to A&M seems a bit outlandish

I certainly can't answer for any of the Ags, D303PP, but I can tell you that the Ag "Guide-on" has not been flying very high lately, mainly because of the re-building of the football program, and the embarrasing defeat in the Cotton Bowl this year. This was one of the few opportunities the Aggies have had to celebrate anything in the football program for a while. A&M is a great Texas institution with a lot of pride and tradition, so for my part, I say let em' go "Whoooop" on this one---but I'm still going to have a lot of good-natured fun poking fun at them on occasion.

big daddy russ
02-01-2005, 10:57 AM
i may be reading into the posts more than i should be, but an entire dorm partying because one play committed to A&M seems a bit outlandish I'm not an Aggie, but my guess because it turns a very good recruiting class into one of the top ten in the nation. Since they got Bennett, their recruiting class this year is even better than Auburn's, at least as of now.

Bulldog_12
02-01-2005, 11:35 AM
The fact that we have the #5 recruiting class in the nation is VERY exciting. It shows us that there is HUGE promise for the future. Im getting REALLY excited for Aggie sports. As Martellus said last night, "This is a school with 2 up and coming programs." Thats exactly what is in motion right now.

jason
02-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
As Martellus said last night, "This is a school with 2 up and coming programs." Thats exactly what is in motion right now. yeah 'bofe programs at the university of texas a&m' :doh:

AggieBob
02-01-2005, 01:58 PM
horns are just jelous that a top recruit picked another school over them again. For example Peterson and now it looks like Perrilloux.... OH and one player may not effect your program alot, but you build a program ONE player at a time. Bennet is just another peice, and a perfect fit

HighSchool Fan
02-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by AggieBob
horns are just jelous that a top recruit picked another school over them again. For example Peterson and now it looks like Perrilloux....

and which one of them 2 even had a&m on the radar?

AggieBob
02-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Peterson had A&M on his radar

big daddy russ
02-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
and which one of them 2 even had a&m on the radar? A&M was Peterson's top pick before they sucked it up that season.

KTJ
02-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by AggieBob
horns are just jelous that a top recruit picked another school over them again. For example Peterson and now it looks like Perrilloux.... OH and one player may not effect your program alot, but you build a program ONE player at a time. Bennet is just another peice, and a perfect fit

You sure are making a big generalization with your statement that is making you look and your school really stupid.

Why would I be jealous of A&M? I have no reason to be.

Keith7
02-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Word on the streets is that A&M will probobly sign the number 6 Runningback Recruit in the nation as well...

HighSchool Fan
02-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Word on the streets is that A&M will probobly sign the number 6 Runningback Recruit in the nation as well...

i hope not, i would rather him go alaska st. i don't want any reason to cheer for them.

Bellville22
02-01-2005, 04:04 PM

It's not that this guy will turn around the program, it's just another huge step in the right direction. A few years ago, even last year, A&M wouldn't have had a chance to land a guy like this, especially over UT and LSU. It's simply a statement that Fran can recruit with the big boys, Bennett is a huge piece that makes up a very good, arguably top 5 recruiting class. Before A&M can play at the level of UT and OU, they have to be able to bring in the type of players that those programs bring in. Martellus is certainly one of those players, and this class is certainly one of those classes. Next, I would love to sign Callahan Bright, the DT from PA. Last I checked it was A&M or FSU, I think he's waiting til tomorrow to announce.

Apologies if A&M fans seem to have overreacted. My friend made the comment the other night "Tellus will choose UT, because that's what big time players do." That's the way we were thinking. It's not just about getting Bennett, it's about the statement that A&M will recruit with the big boys, and should play with the big boys shortly.

big daddy russ
02-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Word on the streets is that A&M will probobly sign the number 6 Runningback Recruit in the nation as well... Purvey?

Keith7
02-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Purvey?

Yup.. last i heard A&M was his number 1.. but Oklahoma state wasnt far behind..

AggieJohn
02-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I certainly can't answer for any of the Ags, D303PP, but I can tell you that the Ag "Guide-on" has not been flying very high lately, mainly because of the re-building of the football program, and the embarrasing defeat in the Cotton Bowl this year. This was one of the few opportunities the Aggies have had to celebrate anything in the football program for a while. A&M is a great Texas institution with a lot of pride and tradition, so for my part, I say let em' go "Whoooop" on this one---but I'm still going to have a lot of good-natured fun poking fun at them on occasion.
and i expect you too!!!!:D

AggieJohn
02-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
and which one of them 2 even had a&m on the radar?
owned

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
A&M was Peterson's top pick before they sucked it up that season. this makes me wonder, what if peterson had gone to A&m instead of ou? would TEXAS have beat them, A&M beat texas? this question just popped in my head as i read your post russ

AggieJohn
02-02-2005, 02:12 AM
honestly, i realize that we are a little much right now...in fact... give me a second