PDA

View Full Version : More Great News for Tonight!

Phil C
01-31-2005, 04:09 PM
TCM is showing the great 1957 science fiction thriller at 7:00 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. so don't miss it and if you can't watch it have your recorders on for later. This is one of the best science fictions movies ever made so you will want to not miss it. If you don't get cable then get someone to record it for you. You will both be glad you did. It is a great movie but the last ten minutes are really terrific.

pirate44
01-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
TCM is showing the great 1957 science fiction thriller at 7:00 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. so don't miss it and if you can't watch it have your recorders on for later. This is one of the best science fictions movies ever made so you will want to not miss it. If you don't get cable then get someone to record it for you. You will both be glad you did. It is a great movie but the last ten minutes are really terrific.
what's the name of the film, Phil C? am i missing something?

Phil C
01-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
what's the name of the film, Phil C? am i missing something?

Thank you Pirate44! In all my haste and excitement to tell everyone about the movie I forgot to give the name of it. It is called "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-31-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
what's the name of the film, Phil C? am i missing something? duh its so obvious the title is: the great 1957 science fiction thriller.:D

pirate44
01-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you Pirate44! In all my haste and excitement to tell everyone about the movie I forgot to give the name of it. It is called "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."
ive heard good things about that one.

Phil C
01-31-2005, 05:41 PM
It was actually made in 1956 and starred Kevin McCarthy who appeared in many movies and tv appearances as did the rest of the cast which include Dana Wynter who was in Sink the Bismark and Airport and Carolyn Jones who appeared with Elvis Presley in King Creole (spelling?). Not credited but in the movie briefly in the first and last parts of the movie as a skeptical doctor is Richard Deacon who became most well known as bald headed Mel in the 1960s televisions series The Dick Van Dyke show.

This movie was remade in 1978 with Donald Sutherland and Leonard Nimroy (Mr. Spock of Star Trek) but unfortunately the remake was not near as good as the original.

pirate44
01-31-2005, 05:42 PM
i think i may have heard of the remake. i havent seen either.

Phil C
01-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Another great science fiction movie in 1956 was called Forbidden Planet and I think TCM may be showing it in February. It may not compare favorable to today's science fiction movies but it created a sensation at the time and the color was beautiful. This was the movie that introduced us to Robby the Robot. The movie stars Walter Pidgeon who was a big star of the 1940s, a young Leslie Nelson (who later was famous in the Naked Gun and Mr. Magoo movies), Ann Francis, Earl Holiman (lead man in Police Woman on tv that starred Angie Dickinson), and DeForest Kelley (Who later was in Star Trek). Still not a bad movie to watch though not just because it was a good movie but also the pioneer aspects.