PDA

View Full Version : Signing Day

kaybee1527
01-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey signing day is Wed and was wondering where players from your school were going. Dont know if thread has been started, so thought i would get it going. Big names like Manuel Johnson-Oklahoma and J-Mike Finley-Texas I know, but there are a lot more, I think this was a good year for 3a players. So lets get started.......

BU97
01-31-2005, 02:05 PM
Trey Jones (Wharton) - Henderson State (Ark)

CHS_CG
01-31-2005, 02:21 PM
I have no idea for our guys. lol:confused:

Bulldog_12
01-31-2005, 02:51 PM
I thought J-Finley was headed to Arizona???

chs_cheer06
01-31-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I have no idea for our guys. lol:confused:

Unfortunately, the one who I want to go the farthest from Caldwell is staying close to home.. Blinn... but I'm not going to say a name yet b/c he is still undecided but Blinn is his #1 choice...

CHS_CG
01-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by chs_cheer06
Unfortunately, the one who I want to go the farthest from Caldwell is staying close to home.. Blinn... but I'm not going to say a name yet b/c he is still undecided but Blinn is his #1 choice...

lol be nice!

JasperDog94
01-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I thought J-Finley was headed to Arizona??? He changed his mind!:clap: :clap:

CheerMom
01-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Donovan King will be playing for U of H next year. I know Charles Huffman will be headed somewhere, and others as well, but haven't heard of exact places yet.

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Looks like Eric Favors (CB) of Vernon will be headed to Southeastern Oklahoma. I know OSU had courted him, but I guess it didn't work out with them. I think he verbally committed last week to Southeastern.

If Eric does indeed go to Southeastern he will join my son, Matt Gonzales, who was a freshman safety this past year. They make a great team the two of them together. As good as Chandler Dane (Decatur) is both Eric and my son picked him off twice when Dane was a junior. (4 picks in one game) So that secondary at Southeastern will be top notch in a few years.

falcons79
01-31-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Donovan King will be playing for U of H next year. I know Charles Huffman will be headed somewhere, and others as well, but haven't heard of exact places yet.

Matt Hart is going to u of h, but I read today on the coogsfan.com that Donovan King had decommited and was going to Texas State, do you know if this is true?

CheerMom
01-31-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by falcons79
Matt Hart is going to u of h, but I read today on the coogsfan.com that Donovan King had decommited and was going to Texas State, do you know if this is true?

No, I haven't heard this. I'll have my daughter ask him tomorrow.

Old Green
01-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Ross Nigh has made a verbal Committment to SMU as reported by the Victoria Advocate a couple of weeks ago.

Bellville22
01-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Emmanuel Sanders, WR/DB/PR from Bellville is headed to SMU.

BrahmaMom
01-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Congrats to Emmanuel! I know it is an exciting time for him and I am very proud of him. Jabow had a visit to Southern Arkansas (I think that is it) this past weekend--I am anxious to hear how it went. I think Kortland Benjamin was checking them out, too. Don't know if there was a scholarship offer for him or not, sure hope so. It is a long way from home, but if it is a good fit, they'll do great! I remain proud of my Brahmas!!

k-town ballers
01-31-2005, 09:19 PM
brian pettigrew---Missouri western

Snyder_TigerFan
01-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Abilene Reporter news has a story about Jeremy Thompson from Sweetwater...he's seriously considering Eastern New Mexico University, Div. II.

kepdawg
01-31-2005, 11:33 PM
Stephen Hodge from Tatum has verballed to TCU as a strong safety. He might try to walk on to the basketball team as well.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Abilene Reporter news has a story about Jeremy Thompson from Sweetwater...he's seriously considering Eastern New Mexico University, Div. II.

Eastern has a new coach over there so it should be some exciting times. He willl do good in a DII program.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

Any news on Carrillo? Or any others?

StangMom2
02-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Which Carrillo are you asking about? If it is Kendal, he is only a Jr.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by StangMom2
Which Carrillo are you asking about? If it is Kendal, he is only a Jr.

I didn't realize that he was a Jr. He should get a lot of attention next year.

Bull's-eye
02-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Emmanuel Sanders, WR/DB/PR from Bellville is headed to SMU. Congratulations to E. Sanders, he's a great player and an outstanding young man. Looking forward to seeing his signing picture in the Bellville Times. He has asked a very special Bellville fan to be part of his proud day.

Hey "Madball", Congratulations from your friends in Sugar Land. We hope the best for your football and college future.

BrahmaMom
02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Today is a big day for all these young men. Congratulations and all the best as you take it to the next level. Emmanuel, I am very proud of you--don't ever let up. I celebrate with all the families for the achievement of their student-athletes. I looked for Jabow's mom today but couldn't find her, does anyone from Bellville know how his visit went and if he committed? Again, congrats to all signing today, you have a lot to be proud of!

Bulldog_12
02-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Finally its the day. I will be listening to A&M's press conference over the internet. Im excited to see what kind of talent is coming here and going to other schools.

Bull's-eye
02-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Today is a big day for all these young men. Congratulations and all the best as you take it to the next level. Emmanuel, I am very proud of you--don't ever let up. I celebrate with all the families for the achievement of their student-athletes. I looked for Jabow's mom today but couldn't find her, does anyone from Bellville know how his visit went and if he committed? Again, congrats to all signing today, you have a lot to be proud of! Accordind to our "Buddy" , he signed with Southern Arkansas. He said that Benjamin will do the same this afternoon. They will the wearing blue and gold of the Muleriders. I noticed Rice will play SMU next season in Dallas, a good game for a Bellville reunion.

Bullaholic
02-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Isn't it just amazing how the talent "bar' has been raised for D1 consideration. If a kid is not 6 ft. and 200+, or 4.5 speed, the majors don't hardly give them a look. Hard for kids playing for non-5A schools to get much attention. Oh, there have been exceptions, but few and far between. Glad to see a lot of these 3A players going to smaller schools where they will at least have a chance to play. I wish them and their families the very best.

big daddy russ
02-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Is it just me, or has it been wierd that Notre Dame hasn't had much success recruiting these past two years. This year they have a top-100 receiver as their prized recruit, whereas just five years ago they'd have at least two five-star guys and anywhere from five to nine top-100's.

On another note, it's good to see JoePa back in force.

BrahmaMom
02-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Bull's Eye, just talked to our "Buddy" and got the scoop, thanks for passing on my message. I am so proud of our Brahmas; the only difference between DI-A and DI-AA is the number of scholarships--85 vs 65. The scholarship money is still green and the opportunity just as great. I'll be in Dallas, hugging all the former Brahmas after the game--a different jersey doesn't scare me off! Congrats again to all those signing today!

htowntransplant
02-02-2005, 04:37 PM
the nations top QB signed with LSU...

i hope UH recruits well....i wanna see that program take off. they have the QB (kyle kolb) to take them a long way.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Eric Favors (CB) did sign with Southeastern Oklahoma.

TOPS1435
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Gilmer Buckeyes had 8 sign:
3 to D-1 schools Manuel Johnson-Oklahoma
Kevin Hollis-Kansas State
Tay Bowser-Mississippi State
2 to D-2 Stephen F. Austin State
Terrance Lovely
Derek McKenzie, trans from Trinity Valley College
and 3 to Tyler Junior College: Daniel Dodd, Chaz Kuikahi, and Jeremy Skinner.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Great football team (Gilmer) and I'm glad to see those young men moving on to the next level.

Gilmer Buckeye
02-02-2005, 05:00 PM
http://img2.uploadimages.net/354166web22mjsigns.jpg

Manuel Johnson signing with OU this morning at Gilmer High School. (Photo credit goes to Leon Jones.)

There go the Longhorns' chances for another four years. :(

Other Buckeyes and their schools are Kevin Hollis, Kansas State; Tay Bowser, Mississippi State; Daniel Dodd, Tyler JC; Chaz Kuikahi, Tyler JC; Jeremy Skinner, Tyler JC; Terrance Lovely, SFA.

Also, last year's QB, Derek McKenzie is moving up from Trinity Valley CC to SFA.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Great site to see where DII players sign.

http://www.d2football.com/Stories/recruiting2005.html

Many of our players (3A) will sign with the Lone Star Conference.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Just got word that Tyler Crump of Wylie signed with Angelo State.

Congrats! Great player.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Jeremy Hill of Siminole also signed with Angelo State.

big daddy russ
02-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
...2 to D-2 Stephen F. Austin State... SFA is Division I. Dang Gilmer, WTG. You must be proud of that bunch.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Atlanta had a class like Gilmer last year. I'm not sure how Curtis Burns is doing, but he was one heck of a football player.

Dallas Washington got playing time this year as a True Frehman at Arkansas. He was a heck of a player as well. Marlin fans will tend to agree to that.

dogdad
02-02-2005, 07:50 PM
James Mapps of Royse City (2500 yds. rushing)
signed today with SMU....his dream has always been to play for the Mustangs

BrahmaMom
02-02-2005, 08:24 PM
It's been a great day for lots of young men and their families--a day a long time in coming for many of them. Best wishes to all these athletes as they take it to the next level, athletically and academically. For the Rice Owl fans out there, they got a great recruit class this year! Congrats to all!

Old Green
02-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Cuero's Ross Nigh 6' 5" 285 Offensive Lineman signed with SMU.
Roy Sierra 6' 2" 330 Offensive Lineman signed with Henderson State in Arkansas.
Jeremy Ross, Larvell Roy, and Martell Williams signed with Blinn College.

CheerMom
02-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by falcons79

Yes, it is true. Donovan signed with Texas State.

big daddy russ
02-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Cuero's Ross Nigh 6' 5" 285 Offensive Lineman signed with SMU.
Roy Sierra 6' 2" 330 Offensive Lineman signed with Henderson State in Arkansas.
Jeremy Ross, Larvell Roy, and Martell Williams signed with Blinn College.
Hey Old Green, is that big linebacker of yours going anywhere? He was a player.

KTJ
02-02-2005, 11:08 PM
KTJ (6'1,160 lbs) signed with Texas.

He's from Gainesville.

:D :D :D

Ranger05
02-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Brad Crow signed to play for Ranger jr. College

Bulldawgchic05
02-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Marlin's Devon Hughes signed with Henderson State today.:)

Old Green
02-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hey Old Green, is that big linebacker of yours going anywhere? He was a player. He wasn't on the list of players that signed today Big Daddy Russ, but I'm sure some colleges are interested in him.

venomous tat2
02-03-2005, 01:33 PM
chris smith navasota signed with tcu
markeith wesley signed with texas A & M Kingsville.
congrats !! to 2 great young men. :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

CheerMom
02-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Congrats, to all the D20 signees. We are proud of you all!!!

BrahmaMom
02-03-2005, 07:45 PM
tat2: I'll have to follow Smith, he's a keeper. Congrats to your guys!