PDA

View Full Version : RBARKER hits the road.

RBARKER
01-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Well I will be hitting the road on a mini tour of Texas due to my job purchasing alot of Elpaso Energy's assets. the following is the places I will be driving to from Mont Belvieu. Anyone got any good food places in these areas that are a must visit.

Corpus Christi
Victoria
Manvel
Freer
Laredo
McAllen
San Antonio
Hillsboro
Sonora
Monahans
Indian Springs
Sweet Water
Crane
Victoria
Skellytown

44INAROW
01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Will you be coming through Cuero on the way from Victoria to San Antonio? IF you are, try Don Bravo.. it's on the "main drag" good food and LOTS of it :)

ej2525
01-28-2005, 10:57 AM
RBarker,

As you are heading south on 59 to Victoria just outside of I think El Campo there is a truck stop (called ?????) (someone help with the name) out in the middle of no where really you need to stop in at. They have some out of this world beef jerky which is well worth the stop. I wish I could think of the name!! :confused:

gobbler grad
01-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ej2525
RBarker,

As you are heading south on 59 to Victoria just outside of I think El Campo there is a truck stop (called ?????) (someone help with the name) out in the middle of no where really you need to stop in at. They have some out of this world beef jerky which is well worth the stop. I wish I could think of the name!! :confused:

PRASEK'S...Great place to stop...:) :p ...i think

ej2525
01-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
PRASEK'S...Great place to stop...:) :p

That's it!!! Thanks Gobbler... That place is awesome!! :clap:

pirate44
01-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Well I will be hitting the road on a mini tour of Texas due to my job purchasing alot of Elpaso Energy's assets. the following is the places I will be driving to from Mont Belvieu. Anyone got any good food places in these areas that are a must visit.

Corpus Christi
the air craft carrier U.S.S. Lexington (http://www.usslexington.com/) on Corpus Christi beach is a nice museum to visit. if your looking for eats, Mama Mia's downtown on Mesquite is tops. if seafood is what you like, you can't go wrong with Two Georges on Everhart. it was started by former employees of "King's Inn" in Rivera, Tx.Water Steet Seafood Co. (http://www.waterstreetco.com/corpus_christi/welcome2.html) downtown on Water St. is also pretty good.

ej2525
01-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Pirate44, there is also a good resturant just walking distance from the sea wall in downtown CC is called Vietnam Resturant on N. Water St. that I ate at once which was pretty good if you like that type of food.

pirate44
01-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ej2525
Pirate44, there is also a good resturant just walking distance from the sea wall in downtown CC is called Vietnam Resturant on N. Water St. that I ate at once which was pretty good if you like that type of food.
i ate there when it was "La Pesca". its changed hands a few times since then. now it seems to be doing pretty good business as Vietnam. I havent been to it yet though.

RBARKER
01-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Man, Yall are making me hungry. Thanks for the info. I'm writing all of this down and will have to check them out.