PDA

View Full Version : Texas Ladies Beat Oklahoma 83 to 71 in basketball

PhiI C
01-26-2005, 10:17 PM
This was at Oklahoma. Texas was behind by 12 points with eleven minutes to play but chipped at the lead and made some big baskets to send the game into overtime. Then in overtime Texas started scoring and put the game away. A brilliant game by Nina Norman who brought Texas back. Overall a good road win that was really needed by Texas but don't be deceived by the final score. It was close and the Lady Horns had to pull the win out.

Swarm 51
01-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Great come-back by the Lady Horns, but have to admit they had me wondering for awhile if they could/would stay in the game with OK. N. Norman had an outstanding game and deserved the MVP award. Hope this win was the incentive they needed to realize they can win away from home.

Phil C
01-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Actually OK had a 12 point lead with a little over 7 minutes left but in about a two minute run Texas cut it to 4 and went on to win. Tiffany Jackson was also great and Jamie Carrie hit a big three pointer in the last minute that was critical.

Phil C
01-27-2005, 12:08 PM
One of the key players is Heather Scribner (spelling?). She got a lot more points on the board last year but this year she is not up what she is capable. Of course Norman and Jackson scoring a lot may have something to do with it. Heather is still playing outstanding defense though and played great defense against Oklahoma. If she gets her offense going like she is capable then this Texas team will be very hard to beat. I hope she gets up to what she is capable not just for the prior reason but so she can play in the WNBA.

Hupernikomen
01-27-2005, 12:22 PM
very impressive comeback..i had given up on them. OU seem to have it undercontrol.

KTJ
01-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I saw on ESPN game tracker that we were down by 12 so I went to go do other things. I open up www.texassports.com to check the date of another basketball game and I found out that we won!

That's crazy! Good job ladies!

sahen
01-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Baylor girls beat Aggie girls by about 20 last night in waco....in case if u were wondering phil

Phil C
01-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Baylor girls beat Aggie girls by about 20 last night in waco....in case if u were wondering phil

Thank you sahen and please keep us informed. :)