PDA

View Full Version : which team is the best story out of the big 12 b-ball?

panther power
01-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Gotta love those ags! what a turn around, and all under a first year coach.

oklahoma is getting really hott knocking off some good teams.

what do you guys think????

big daddy russ
01-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I want to say OU, but as much as the Ags have sucked over the course of the past century or so, I have to give it to A&M. Oklahoma's tough, though, and I could see them in the Final Four.

jason
01-26-2005, 10:47 PM
a&m is 2-3 and probably wont win another conference game...

big daddy russ
01-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by jason
a&m is 2-3 and probably wont win another conference game... You willing to put your money where your mouth is?

District303aPastPlayer
01-27-2005, 01:17 AM
hahaha another bet in the air

big daddy russ
01-27-2005, 09:11 AM
ttt

Bulldog_12
01-27-2005, 12:07 PM
I think A&M will drop 4 more and thats it. Those games will be: @ Oklahoma, OSU, @ UT, and @ OSU. I think we can take Iowa St., Texas Tech, Missouri, and Baylor at home. Any of our away games worry me.

big daddy russ
01-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I think A&M will drop 4 more and thats it. Those games will be: @ Oklahoma, OSU, @ UT, and @ OSU. I think we can take Iowa St., Texas Tech, Missouri, and Baylor at home. Any of our away games worry me. You know I'd take it a step further and say that A&M could pull it off against OSU at home. They match up well on the inside and Law may be the only guard in the Big XII quick enough to defend Lucas.

CHS_CG
01-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You know I'd take it a step further and say that A&M could pull it off against OSU at home. They match up well on the inside and if they Law may be the only guard in the Big XII quick enough to defend Lucas.

Since I am going to that game I really hope they win at home against OSU!

Bulldog_12
01-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You know I'd take it a step further and say that A&M could pull it off against OSU at home. They match up well on the inside and if they Law may be the only guard in the Big XII quick enough to defend Lucas.

I would love to see them win it at home, but with the way they have been playing since the UT game, I dont know how its going to go. OU destroyed us inside. We just arent disciplined yet. We had three guys foul out last night. Joseph Jones was gone at the beginning of the second half. Thats our big problem, we foul WAY too much.

big daddy russ
01-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I would love to see them win it at home, but with the way they have been playing since the UT game, I dont know how its going to go. OU destroyed us inside. We just arent disciplined yet. We had three guys foul out last night. Joseph Jones was gone at the beginning of the second half. Thats our big problem, we foul WAY too much. Maybe, but the home court advantage this year has been huge. You're right about the discipline. The mental part... making it through the whole season, even the tough parts... are what worries me the most.

KTJ
01-27-2005, 02:14 PM
OU's schedule is what has them where they are now. They've played UT and OSU at home and get KU at home too. As one of the announcers said during the Texas/OU game, remember, Oklahoma still has to travel to Austin and Stillwater. So those games both teams will get back.

Watch for the upset - Texas over KU. I didn't say it will happen, but it's possible.

And I don't know if you can call A&M the "best story out of the Big 12". A cupcake OOC schedule has chalked up the double-digits in the win column. And they still have a losing record in conference play, albeit much better than in years past.

To be honest, there is no "best story". Everything that is happening was predicted. But if I had to give a "surprise" team award, it would be Texas Tech.

sahen
01-27-2005, 04:45 PM
baylor will beat a&m in waco...however i imagine the aggies will beat us this weekend in college station