PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Message (To help women better understand men)

Ranger Mom
01-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car I will fiddle with a wire long after hypothermia has set in. I will win.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be able to fix these things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know where to start." We will then drink beer and break wind as a form of Holy Communion.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold, I need someone to bring me soup and take care of me while I lie in bed and moan. You're a woman. You never get as sick as I do, so for you this isn't a problem.

Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at the store, like milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like "cumin" or "tofu." For all I know, these are the same thing. And never, under any circumstances, expect me to pick up anything for which "feminine hygiene product" is a euphemism.

Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stops working, I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as much, once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together.

Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it (though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator).....applies to engineers mainly.

Because I'm a man, there is no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The answer is always either sex, computers, or football. (But mostly just sex). I have to make up something else when you ask, so don't ask.

Because I'm a man, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your mother come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or think about her any more than I have to. Whatever you got her for Mother's Day is okay; I don't need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my mother, too.

Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't....and if you are feeling amorous afterwards...then I will certainly remember the name and recommend it to others.

Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without it, looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?

Because I'm a man, and this is, after all, the year 2005, I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the cleaning, the vacuuming, and the dishes, and I'll do the rest......like wandering around in the garden with a beer wondering what to do.

jason
01-26-2005, 07:00 PM
i am a man....woman, go get me a beer.......

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it (though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator).....applies to engineers mainly.

:eek: You have one of those too! :D

All of these are so true, Ranger Mom.

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by jason
i am a man....woman, go get me a beer.......

:rolleyes: :tongue:

BrahmaMom
01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
These are so true; except my husband is wise enough to look at me when I say something is broken or overflowing, suggest I call someone to fix it, and walk away like he has solved the problem for me!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
These are so true; except my husband is wise enough to look at me when I say something is broken or overflowing, suggest I call someone to fix it, and walk away like he has solved the problem for me!! oh but he has!! its like the cousin for the solution of a husbands turn to cook means he orders pizza!!

Chief Woodman
01-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Most humor does have some truth to it, although it is often inflated for the sake of humor. So how do these "truths" work at the woodmans house......

Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car I will fiddle with a wire long after hypothermia has set in. I will win.

Haven't locked the keys in a vehicle since I was 16, so I do not know the answer to this one.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be able to fix these things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know where to start." We will then drink beer and break wind as a form of Holy Communion.

This one might be true.....

Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold, I need someone to bring me soup and take care of me while I lie in bed and moan. You're a woman. You never get as sick as I do, so for you this isn't a problem.

Not true at all. In fact I can and do keep the household going and clean without missing a beat when the wife is ill or injured. She tells me I make her feel bad because I do it as well or better than her.

Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at the store, like milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like "cumin" or "tofu." For all I know, these are the same thing. And never, under any circumstances, expect me to pick up anything for which "feminine hygiene product" is a euphemism.

Tofu is not allowed in my house. The word is Japanese for "whale snot". Picking up ANY item at the store never bothered me. If the cashier thinks the feminine product is for me that is their problem.

Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stops working, I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as much, once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together.

My father WAS the appliance repairman that did it for a living. I do know how to fix the appliances for the cost of parts only. Spent way to much time during summers riding with dad and learning the trade.

My wife gets the remote. I usually read instead of watching that mindless stuff on TV.

Because I'm a man, there is no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The answer is always either sex, computers, or football. (But mostly just sex). I have to make up something else when you ask, so don't ask.

Wrong again. Usually airplanes golf or OK maybe the "S" word. But when I am not thinking about anything and asked what I am thinking I reply that I am in "DUH" land. This happens often.

Because I'm a man, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your mother come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or think about her any more than I have to. Whatever you got her for Mother's Day is okay; I don't need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my mother, too.

I like my mom in law. I don't buy anything for my mom.

Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't....and if you are feeling amorous afterwards...then I will certainly remember the name and recommend it to others.

I like touching stories. I am a sensitive kind of guy.

Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without it, looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?

This is a female trap. If I don't like what you are wearing or how your hair looks you take it as an insult. If I do like it, you tell me I am wrong. This is a test for which there is no correct answer, only trouble.

At the Woodman’s house we are adults and dress ourselves. I will be ready on time. If you are not it is NOT my fault. I will calmly read a book while you get ready and if you are too late I will leave you. See you there.

Because I'm a man, and this is, after all, the year 2005, I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the cleaning, the vacuuming, and the dishes, and I'll do the rest......like wandering around in the garden with a beer wondering what to do.

I will gladly do 50% of ALL the work required around the house and expect the same from you. This includes laundry, cooking, cleaning, vacuuming, doing the dishes, painting, mowing, weed eating, cutting the firewood, splitting the firewood, stacking the firewood, keeping the water softener filled with salt, buying groceries, rotating the tires, changing the oil, raking the leaves, cleaning the pool, cleaning up after the dog, trimming the hedges, taking out the trash, hauling off the trash, etc.

rhs78
01-28-2005, 01:39 PM
RANGER MOM THAT HAD ME LAUGHING AT EVERY QUOTE,AND YES I AM A MAN.