PDA

View Full Version : Doctor's Order January 26th 2005

TheDOCTORdre
01-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Welcome to your daily informational segment (and when I say daily I mean whenever I remember to do this:D ) Today is National Compliment Day so spread a little love and compliment people today.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
hey dre, thanks for finally remembering to post this. i was beginning to think you had forgotten about us...but i can see your memory is sharp as a steak knife.:D j/j

Bullaholic
01-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Dre....seeing the word "compliment" reminds me of a story here in Bridgeport. A retired friend of mine from Runaway Bay went into the local grocery store one day and asked this young girl checker---"Excuse me Miss---Could you tell me where to find the "condiments"?". The young lady blushed and told him---"Oh I'm so sorry sir--you'll have to go to the drugstore and ask the druggist for those." :D

AP Panther Fan
01-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Dre....seeing the word "compliment" reminds me of a story here in Bridgeport. A retired friend of mine from Runaway Bay went into the local grocery store one day and asked this young girl checker---"Excuse me Miss---Could you tell me where to find the "condiments"?". The young lady blushed and told him---"Oh I'm so sorry sir--you'll have to go to the drugstore and ask the druggist for those." :D

Compliment reminds you of condiment? You are too funny!

You would have been a great teacher to have in school....we constantly did our best to get their minds to wander from whatever boring subject we were studying at the time. Remember those days?:D

Bullaholic
01-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Compliment reminds you of condiment? You are too funny!

You would have been a great teacher to have in school....we constantly did our best to get their minds to wander from whatever boring subject we were studying at the time. Remember those days?:D

In those days you might "get away" with bringing up a contoversial or slightly "blue" subject---but in today's modern educational environment I wouldn't attempt to even "hint" at anything or use any term which might be mis-construed by anyone in any group. In addition, as a male teacher, I would insist on having a female teacher present anytime I was alone with a female student before-during- or after school. However, I do feel that young people appreciate any teacher who goes to great lengths to make a "boring" subject interesting, they just have to be extremely careful with their creativity.

AP Panther Fan
01-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Agreed. I was more amused that the word compliment made you think of condiment which in turn made you think of a funny story.

You would have been easy to get off the subject to something more interesting (not necessarily the condiment story).
:D

Bullaholic
01-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Agreed. I was more amused that the word compliment made you think of condiment which in turn made you think of a funny story.

You would have been easy to get off the subject to something more interesting (not necessarily the condiment story).
:D

Are you saying I like to talk about just about anything, AP? You're right AP, and it's always more fun to have you gals along for the ride. Sorry I tend to get carried away on the subject of education. I place it at a higher priority for the kids than I do athletics, and believe me I am a real athletic supporter.

AP Panther Fan
01-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I am a real athletic supporter.

:eek: :D :D :D (Can you tell I have a son?)

Just kidding.

Education is far more important. I agree.;)