PDA

View Full Version : Attention Marlin's Defensive Backs!!!!!!!

cunbed10
09-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Here is the chance to pad your interception stats, If I'm not mistaking Burnet is going to throw the ball! Alot!

BIG19
09-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Have you been drinking the stuff Ya Ya has been providing? Might want to lay off the stuff!

thunder
09-25-2003, 12:46 PM
dont run stride for stride with shipley he will burn you. Give him a least 2 and 1/2 yards and stay will him at that distance at all times.

Gobbla2001
09-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Did you see that picture of him jumping up in the air for the ball in the 7on7 tourney?

If Marlin's gunna get this guy, they better ask the refs if they can suit up a guy on top of another's shoulders and count it as one player...

I believe the only way you can stop this Burnet passing attack is by stopping it where it starts, that means sacking the QB, and that isn't that easy to do either...

cunbed10
09-25-2003, 12:51 PM
BIG19:
Have you been drinking the stuff Ya Ya has been providing? Might want to lay off the stuff!Yep! I've been drinking that purple stuff, would you like a sip Big19, I will save you some, if you like.

cunbed10
09-25-2003, 12:52 PM
thunder:
dont run stride for stride with shipley he will burn you. Give him a least 2 and 1/2 yards and stay will him at that distance at all times.Oh! Thanks for the advice, but I think Marlin has a couple of players that can run stride for stride with this talented kid.

PAINTBALL
09-25-2003, 12:53 PM
cunbed10:
Here is the chance to pad your interception stats, If I'm not mistaking Burnet is going to throw the ball! Alot!I thought you weren't going to post any more post about the Burnet/Marlin game.

BIG19
09-25-2003, 12:55 PM
cunbed10:

BIG19:
Have you been drinking the stuff Ya Ya has been providing? Might want to lay off the stuff!Yep! I've been drinking that purple stuff, would you like a sip Big19, I will save you some, if you like.Heck NO. If this is what happens when you drink it, than absolutley not. First you go and lose a shirt now you are trying to find a since of humor. Ya Ya must be doing something right. Go Ya Ya! I think he needs another.

cunbed10
09-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Gobbla2001:
Did you see that picture of him jumping up in the air for the ball in the 7on7 tourney?

If Marlin's gunna get this guy, they better ask the refs if they can suit up a guy on top of another's shoulders and count it as one player...

I believe the only way you can stop this Burnet passing attack is by stopping it where it starts, that means sacking the QB, and that isn't that easy to do either...Yep! Gobbla I saw those pictures and now I know why his parents named him Jordan (Air), and you are right, about Mcgee, Jasper had a huge defensive line and this kid was visually hurt, to the point where he couldn't get up under center, and they didn't get to him, but we will give it the ole Marlin Bulldogs try.

Tiny
09-25-2003, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gobbla2001:
<strong>Did you see that picture of him jumping up in the air for the ball in the 7on7 tourney?

I believe the only way you can stop this Burnet passing attack is by stopping it where it starts, that means sacking the QB, and that isn't that easy to do either...</strong>[/QUOTE
I agree the only way to stop this offense is to stop the QB He is what makes them special.
University was all over him in the scrimmage but they also had two Great D-Ends.

cunbed10
09-25-2003, 01:00 PM
PAINTBALL:

cunbed10:
Here is the chance to pad your interception stats, If I'm not mistaking Burnet is going to throw the ball! Alot!I thought you weren't going to post any more post about the Burnet/Marlin game.Couldn't help myself, probably won't sleep, it's just like highshcool for me, I get up for big games, you have to admit though, you can just feel the tension in the air huh?

Chief Woodman
09-25-2003, 01:19 PM
If shipley gets jammed at the line he catches nothing. Decatur did it last year to an all-state reciever with Phil Daurghty throwing to him. He got 4 passes all night, and all of them very short yardage. If he had been played like that by every team he faced, he would not have even made all-district, not to mention no all-state.

cunbed10
09-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Chief Woodman:
If shipley gets jammed at the line he catches nothing. Decatur did it last year to an all-state reciever with Phil Daurghty throwing to him. He got 4 passes all night, and all of them very short yardage. If he had been played like that by every team he faced, he would not have even made all-district, not to mention no all-state.Hey chief if you jam this guy, you had better be ready to run at least 4.5 or 4.4 40, cause this kid can run.

PAINTBALL
09-25-2003, 01:35 PM
cunbed10:

PAINTBALL:

cunbed10:
Here is the chance to pad your interception stats, If I'm not mistaking Burnet is going to throw the ball! Alot!I thought you weren't going to post any more post about the Burnet/Marlin game.Couldn't help myself, probably won't sleep, it's just like highshcool for me, I get up for big games, you have to admit though, you can just feel the tension in the air huh?You act like this is a playoff game or something. It's important to Burnet because we are finally going to play a good team that will test both our offense and defense and show our coaches where we need work before the playoffs. I'm afraid that we won't get these test from our district play.

Gobbla2001
09-25-2003, 01:42 PM
True, jam him at the line, but he's a way athletic boy...

Of course, MArlin's gunna give it a try, maybe they have the magic needed to stop that passing attack...

Burnet '94
09-25-2003, 01:45 PM
The only way to come close to stopping Jordan is to double him up. Have one guy at the line jamming him and another db over the top about 10 yds off.

Why teams continue to single coverage him is beyond me. It makes me think of what The Rock says, "You wanna go...one on one...with the great one?

Gobbla2001
09-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Burnet '94's got it...

I remember my senior year we had to cover a guy from Gonzales called Billy White... Guy was athletic and every bit of 6'5... We put our fastest and hardest hitting LB over him and had a DB backin' him up... Our LB would knock the crap out of him and try to drive him off of his path within that first 5 yards, after that our LB would place his focus back toword the trenches...

He caught one pass for 7 yards that night, that was it... And I believe he received and all-state bid...

The only bad thing about jamming the guy is that's one less guy you have over the ball, meaning it can open up a running game...

The biggest mistake a coach can make against Burnet is putting 'too' much emphasis on covering Shipley... Of course you want to figure out a way to stop him, but don't go suicide on the guy...

As hard as it is for some of us to believe, including me, Shipley is human...

Ozzy
09-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Gobbla2001:

As hard as it is for some of us to believe, including me, Shipley is human...believe what you want to believe, but I saw Jordan slip into a phone booth once, and the rest is history!

cunbed10
09-25-2003, 02:48 PM
PAINTBALL:

cunbed10:

PAINTBALL:

cunbed10:
Here is the chance to pad your interception stats, If I'm not mistaking Burnet is going to throw the ball! Alot!I thought you weren't going to post any more post about the Burnet/Marlin game.Couldn't help myself, probably won't sleep, it's just like highshcool for me, I get up for big games, you have to admit though, you can just feel the tension in the air huh?You act like this is a playoff game or something. It's important to Burnet because we are finally going to play a good team that will test both our offense and defense and show our coaches where we need work before the playoffs. I'm afraid that we won't get these test from our district play.Nope! it's not a play-off game, but it sure does feel like one... Shipley's record in sight, Fox sports, Highschool Extra, People attending the game that's not from the two towns, and a large crowd...um;yep! this feels like the Super Bowl, so don't try and down play this one you won't succeed, because the word is out Marlin vs Burnet II Back yard Brawl.

PAINTBALL
09-25-2003, 04:03 PM
cunbed10:

PAINTBALL:

cunbed10:

PAINTBALL:

cunbed10:
Here is the chance to pad your interception stats, If I'm not mistaking Burnet is going to throw the ball! Alot!I thought you weren't going to post any more post about the Burnet/Marlin game.Couldn't help myself, probably won't sleep, it's just like highshcool for me, I get up for big games, you have to admit though, you can just feel the tension in the air huh?You act like this is a playoff game or something. It's important to Burnet because we are finally going to play a good team that will test both our offense and defense and show our coaches where we need work before the playoffs. I'm afraid that we won't get these test from our district play.Nope! it's not a play-off game, but it sure does feel like one... Shipley's record in sight, Fox sports, Highschool Extra, People attending the game that's not from the two towns, and a large crowd...um;yep! this feels like the Super Bowl, so don't try and down play this one you won't succeed, because the word is out Marlin vs Burnet II Back yard Brawl.The hype is in my opinion canned hype, kind of like the Yankees arranging Roger Clement's pitching schedule so he could get his 300th win at home. That backfired on the Yankees, and I hope this doesn't backfire on coach Shipley.

Unless he gets hurt the records are going to be broken either this Friday or the next game after Burnet's week off. I wonder if the records aren't broken this Friday whether the crowds and Media will be back on October 10th. It looks like you and a lot of other people are buying into this hype. Most of the players on our team that I have talked to think it is funny. I hope all the press Shipley will get at school tomorrow doesn't create resentment among the other players on the team. So far, so good, but I don't know how the rest of the team is going to be treated by the press tommorrow.

It's just another predistrict game.