PDA

View Full Version : Coach Van Gundy

Jody
01-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Have any of you ever hear this jack-A** say anything positive about his players or their performance? Personally I think he would make a good troll in the next Harry Potter movie.

big daddy russ
01-26-2005, 11:53 AM
LOL. I like him because he preaches defense and can't stand McGrady because he refuses to play it.

Astrosdawg07
01-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
LOL. I like him because he preaches defense and can't stand McGrady because he refuses to play it.

McGrady wasn't brought in to play D. :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
01-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
McGrady wasn't brought in to play D. :rolleyes:
Nope, but he was brought in to win games. Van Gundy's a defensive coach trying to work with TWO offensive-minded stars. Yao's not tough enough to play defense in the league, at least not yet.

They even traded away Jim Jackson, their lone defensive-minded perimeter player, for another offensive asset. Wesley's quick and savvy and provides a veteran prescense, but he's a two guard masquerading as a point and always had trouble defending man-on-man situations.

If McGrady ever learns to play D, I'll think that the Magic trade was a great move. Right now, though, it looks to me like management is either sabotaging Van Gundy or they don't know what they're doing.

P.S. Want to see something funny? Go to the poll on the Rockets' homepage... they're voting on the greatest Rocket of all-time and Yao Ming's second with 33% of the vote. Ahead of Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley and Ralph Sampson. WOW.