PDA

View Full Version : La Grange - Elgin

Pudlugger
10-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Next Friday night the District 24 champioship might be decided when the La Grange Leopards take on the Elgin Wildcats at home in La Grange. Last year it was a very close contest in Elgin with La Grange winning 13-10. This one probably will not be as close. The Leps are starting to attain play-off performance and last Friday displayed a passing game that heretofore has not been seen in Leopard country. Elgin's only common opponent was Gonzales, who defeated them in a high scoring shoot-out by 2 points. La Grange defeated Gonzales 20-19 but it really was only close by bad calls(allowing 6 Gonzales points on a kickoff return with a clip on our kicker-its obvious on the tape) and LG taking 4 knees on the 3 to run out the clock. I think the Leps are a much improved team now and should give Elgin all it can handle. Both teams have speed and a balanced offense, but La Grange's defense is really playing well now and I think that will be the difference. :cool:

La Grange 35
Elgin 14

lepfan
10-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Elgin will be out for revenge on this game...they will be ready for a win. But, I think the Leps will be able to tame them with their discipline and desire. LG 28 Elgin 13

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Pudlugger
10-12-2003, 07:15 PM
They may be out for revenge but they better bring their best game 'cause it looks like their D is very weak while LG's D is getting stronger each game. The Leps O is going to put up some numbers Friday. I know for sure how focused these guys are. With the D keeping the Elgin O off the field it will be a grind'em down LG offensive campaign. :cool:

LG 35
Elgin 14

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Elgin 21
La Grange 17

Pudlugger
10-13-2003, 07:23 AM
It will be hard for Elgin to contain the Leps offense. They will have to contend with a very effective passing attack so the LBs will not be able to stack the box or shoot the gaps. That will open up the running game. The Lep O line has been very effective in making huge holes for the fullback #33 Wilson to rumble through in the past three games. I expect LG will score early and often Friday night. :cool:

LG 35
Elgin 14

Lombardi
10-13-2003, 07:46 AM
I have seen both teams play in person and think that this could be a great contest. LG's offensive line has improved from week 0 and Elgin's defense has improved. Both teams had to rebuild in those areas in 2003. These two teams, along with Giddings, definitely had the toughest non-district schedules in 24AAA. Again, it should be a good game. Good luck to both teams!

buffalo booster
10-13-2003, 10:33 AM
This one won't be close. Last year, Elgin had the home field and the weather. It will take more than "revenge" to win. LG 35-7. Could be worse, if Tony V. wants to run it up in the 4th.

Pudlugger
10-13-2003, 01:10 PM
buffalo booster:
This one won't be close. Last year, Elgin had the home field and the weather. It will take more than "revenge" to win. LG 35-7. Could be worse, if Tony V. wants to run it up in the 4th.Thanks for the support Buffalo Booster! Like all games defense will determine the outcome. If La Grange will protect the football their game will be totally together and the offense should be very strong. I know Elgin will come prepared and pumped for this game so the Leps will need their best game. I sense that they are a more confident and poised team on both sides of the ball now and will continue to build momentum as they move through district play. Good luck to the Buffs and be ready for some speed in Manor's receivers, especially #1 Swain! :)

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Most likely LG got this one for sure, but you never know. I'm going with.......,
Lagrange 17
Elgin 21

Mustang '89
10-13-2003, 07:52 PM
I don't think this one will be close at all. La Grange DB's should be able to contain Elgin's passing game. I also don't think Elgin can stop LG's offensive attack. (very balanced).

Leps- 41
Wilcats- 7

lepfan
10-13-2003, 08:59 PM
buffalo booster:
This one won't be close. Last year, Elgin had the home field and the weather. It will take more than "revenge" to win. LG 35-7. Could be worse, if Tony V. wants to run it up in the 4th.That is not Coach V's style (running up the score). :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-13-2003, 09:59 PM
La Grange will have there way with the Wildcats, If Elgin did not get any better since Bellville played them, the Leps 2nd teamers will see some action, Bellville's 1st offense only played the 1st half,and stopped the scoring at 54, Elgin scored only on the 2nd teamers. Good luck to the Leps, but you dont need it in this one!

Pudlugger
10-14-2003, 06:23 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
La Grange will have there way with the Wildcats, If Elgin did not get any better since Bellville played them, the Leps 2nd teamers will see some action, Bellville's 1st offense only played the 1st half,and stopped the scoring at 54, Elgin scored only on the 2nd teamers. Good luck to the Leps, but you dont need it in this one!Not necesarily FormerBellvilleBrahma, according to my son, who has reviewed the films, Elgin is better than the record indicates. They have a very good OL, some speed in the backfield, and a real good defensive tackle. I think the Leps are taking this team very seriously, as Elgin always comes prepared to play La Grange. Bellville met Elgin early in the season and for teams like Elgin, who have had to rebuild in key positions, it takes 5 or 6 games to start firing on all cylinders. I think LG will win, but it will not be a total blowout like you said. :cool:

LG 35
Elgin 14

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-14-2003, 01:03 PM
GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS,
The leps for sure got this one, but I don't think it's going to be a blowout; Elgin might end up blowing La Grange out, cause u just never know.
Elgin 21
La Grange 17

Pudlugger
10-14-2003, 07:16 PM
luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:
GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS,
The leps for sure got this one, but I don't think it's going to be a blowout; Elgin might end up blowing La Grange out, cause u just never know.
Elgin 21
La Grange 17So what is it going to be Luis? La Grange wins for sure, or it will be close, or La Grange gets blown out? I guess you covered your bet pretty well!LOL Thanks for the support. I guess? :D :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-14-2003, 08:28 PM
I dont mean this in a bad way, but we played Elgin our 4th game, maybe they are better but I dont see it. Elgin is in a down year. The Leps sould beat Elgin by a big margin, If Elgin playes the leps close, or even upsets them, than I dont see a long play-off run in the future! Once again good luck Leps but you wont need it!!!! :D

Pudlugger
10-14-2003, 08:39 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
I dont mean this in a bad way, but we played Elgin our 4th game, maybe they are better but I dont see it. Elgin is in a down year. The Leps sould beat Elgin by a big margin, If Elgin playes the leps close, or even upsets them, than I dont see a long play-off run in the future! Once again good luck Leps but you wont need it!!!! :D Thanks man, I really do hope you are right. Meanwhile the leps will prepare for a tough opponent just in case! :)

oldlep27
10-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Dang,
Luis has changed his mind quite afew times.....
Maybe he has problems deciding!
jt

Mustang '89
10-14-2003, 10:45 PM
oldlep27, Luis had the same problem last week :

Original post by luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:

Well I hope Manor beats LG, because I don't like LG(I'm from Giddings by the way..lol.)
Anyways, I will say this, "Good Luck to both teams" and my prediction would be, Manor by 2 TD.
Revised post by luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:

Good luck to both teams.
I'll say LG, by 2 TDs

Pudlugger
10-15-2003, 07:27 AM
This is week two of the three week season building stretch for the Leopards. First they won in Manor now they must win at home against a Wildcat team that is cornered with their backs against the wall, always a dangerous situation. If the Leps continue to focus on their game and minimize turnovers they should be fine. The O line has improved so much so that Anderle's passing game has become a real threat to defenses. As Manor found out if you bring the backers up to defend the run the passing attack will kill you. I expect a high scoring game Friday night and pick the Leps to go 5-2 (2-0). Good luck and hope for an injury free clean game for both teams. :)

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-15-2003, 11:39 AM
LOL, yeah I know I do change my mind, but I just hope Elgin wins, which probably won't happen but oh well,
Good luck to both teams.
BY THE WAY,
GO BUFFS GO.