PDA

View Full Version : AP Panther Fan, did goliad beat ap??

pirate44
01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
i must have missed it if you posted it, but did i see right on the caller.com basketball standings? did goliad beat ap? if so, how was the game?

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Yes they did *#%*#$

I didn't go, but from what I heard...we were missing two of our starters. 6'6 Matt Hall and Michael Cook....both excellent players. Cook will be back, but I am uncertain as to the timing on Matt Hall because he is suffering from an arm injury.:(

Friday was truly a DARK DAY in ARANSAS PASS! At least the next time we play Goliad, they have to come to our house.:rolleyes:

Phil C. had mentioned that refs had been an issue when Sinton played them, but I haven't heard if that was a factor or not.

pirate44
01-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yes they did *#%*#$

I didn't go, but from what I heard...we were missing two of our starters. 6'6 Matt Hall and Michael Cook....both excellent players. Cook will be back, but I am uncertain as to the timing on Matt Hall because he is suffering from an arm injury.:(

Friday was truly a DARK DAY in ARANSAS PASS! At least the next time we play Goliad, they have to come to our house.:rolleyes:

Phil C. had mentioned that refs had been an issue when Sinton played them, but I haven't heard if that was a factor or not.
call it superstitious or just keeping the kids grounded, but i think losses like that are sometimes good for a team. im sure AP will bounce back. i hope Hall and Cook have speedy recoverys.

BigChief
01-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Goliad isn't no slouch of a team. I think they are like 18-5, or something like that. They also beat a 22-2 Yoakum team this year also. They are gonna a tough draw for someone in the playoffs. Especially in the weak Region IV.

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2005, 06:01 PM
I agree with all BUT your last sentence. Oh well.:thinking:

BigChief
01-25-2005, 06:27 PM
I hate to call the Region weak because it my favorite Region, but our teams haven't produced a champ since Sinton in 96 I think.

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2005, 06:32 PM
true, we seem to come up a little short against teams like Kountz, Everman and Gainesville over the last couple of years.

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by BigChief
I hate to call the Region weak because it my favorite Region, but our teams haven't produced a champ since Sinton in 96 I think. You're right. And in almost all those years, it was a team from our district (Aransas Pass, West Oso, Sinton) losing to someone at the state level.

PhiI C
01-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by BigChief
I hate to call the Region weak because it my favorite Region, but our teams haven't produced a champ since Sinton in 96 I think.

Beware of the Howling Bear!

PhiI C
01-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yes they did *#%*#$

I can understand. In a smaller school like 3A schools losing two starters can be a big blow. In fact our girls tonight were missing four starters.