PDA

View Full Version : Deep Sea Fishing - Port Aransas

Snyder_TigerFan
01-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I know that several of you are from the Corpus Christi area, and I was thinking about going on a deep sea fishing trip. I'm looking for recomendations on where to go. I'm currently looking into Dolphin Docks. Does anyone have any suggestions or past experiences? We're currently thinking about going around the middle of February.

Thanks in advance.

pirate44
01-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I know that several of you are from the Corpus Christi area, and I was thinking about going on a deep sea fishing trip. I'm looking for recomendations on where to go. I'm currently looking into Dolphin Docks. Does anyone have any suggestions or past experiences? We're currently thinking about going around the middle of February.

Thanks in advance.
i dont go fishing, but here is a website that is always talked well about by Jim Lago a local morning radio show host.
http://www.corpusfishing.com/

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Are you looking for sailfish/tuna/shark or more snapper/vermillion type fish?

Snyder_TigerFan
01-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Are you looking for sailfish/tuna/shark or more snapper/vermillion type fish?

Kingfish, Tuna, maybe snapper. Sailfishing trips are usually more expensive, aren't they?

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Kingfish, Tuna, maybe snapper. Sailfishing trips are usually more expensive, aren't they? Yeah, but that's because you have to charter your own boat. The Dolphin Docks, Woody's, Fisherman's Wharf and places like that are big party boats. I haven't been on one of the boats in a couple of years now, but Deep Sea Headquarters and Woody's used to be the best. I'd go with Woody's, personally.

BTW, good choice for your fishing trip. I'm not a big fan of snapper fishing, but I don't mind eating it.

gobbler grad
01-25-2005, 01:29 PM
i went out on that boat...great trip...just wrong time of year...bad storm brewing in gulf...thought we were on the S.S. Minnow...everybody got sick and didn't catch any fish...:(

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Another option for a day of fishing...it to go to Fisherman's Wharf and pay about $8.00 to ride the Jetty Boat over to the North Jetties (St. Joe's Island). You have to take your own rod & reels, bait etc....but the Fisherman's Wharf has carts you can rent to take all of your stuff in for the walk down the jetties once you have been dropped off on the island.

You can pack a lunch, ice chest etc...and make a day of it. The Jetty Boat runs back and forth about every other hour, all day long, so you can stay for a couple hours or all day....just don't miss the last boat.:D

I enjoy taking my kids over there to the beach...there are very few people over there and the shell collecting is much better.:)

Snyder_TigerFan
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I will check into them.

Ya Russ, snapper are good to eat but the best I remember they are pretty boring to catch.