PDA

View Full Version : what r the chances Phil Jackson coaches the Knicks

pirate44
01-25-2005, 09:16 AM
http://img166.exs.cx/img166/8971/philjack9td.jpg
it's unlikely, but Phil says he would talk about the idea. i think it would be a great move on New York's part. He has always had "great" players behind him, but great players seem to be drawn to his teams too. interesting idea, i think.

HighSchool Fan
01-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Phil Jackson is a manager, not a coach. Jackson won't manage the Knicks, they don't have 2 superstars on the team right now. If the Knicks want a good coach, they will somehow try and get Larry Brown.

pirate44
01-25-2005, 09:33 AM
i think its a sorry day when a coach with as many championships as Phil Jackson has, is unappreciated and disrespected because he has had great players. its a good thing that the people who hire this guy dont think that way.

HighSchool Fan
01-25-2005, 09:39 AM
what team has he coached that hasn't had the best player in the NBA on it. none. he is by far, the best manager in basketball. i hope he goes to the knicks. then he can prove alot of people wrong. probably the ones that think he is a great coach though.

pirate44
01-25-2005, 09:41 AM
what proof do you have that he isnt a good coach?

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
what team has he coached that hasn't had the best player in the NBA on it. none. he is by far, the best manager in basketball. i hope he goes to the knicks. then he can prove alot of people wrong. probably the ones that think he is a great coach though. Was Michael Jordan considered the best player in the NBA when he got there?

pirate44
01-25-2005, 09:47 AM
youre splitting hairs when you start saying "great manager" "poor coach". NBA coaches main job is managing. thats why college coaches have a tough transition to the nba. by the time the majority of the players make it to the nba, they are pretty much uncoachable anyway. what Phil jackson does is what the owners of every nba team wants. and he is one of the best at it.

kaorder1999
01-25-2005, 09:54 AM
he wouldnt coach another team that doesnt have a scottie-michael or shaq-kobe like tandem.

pirate44
01-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
he wouldnt coach another team that doesnt have a scottie-michael or shaq-kobe like tandem.
did he tell you this?:D

HighSchool Fan
01-25-2005, 10:00 AM
so larry brown, don nelson, jerry sloan, red auerbach and lenny wilkens are more of a manager than a coach? wasn't iverson suppose to be uncoachable. it seems that larry brown did a heck of a job coaching him. a good coach can coach anyone. one who says a player isn't coachable is really just a manager.

pirate44
01-25-2005, 10:08 AM
so larry brown, don nelson, jerry sloan, red auerbach and lenny wilkens are more of a manager than a coach? wasn't iverson suppose to be uncoachable. it seems that larry brown did a heck of a job coaching him. a good coach can coach anyone. one who says a player isn't coachable is really just a manager.
jackson "coached" pippen (oops) about as much as brown "coached" iverson. my opinion, iverson would be a better player under jackson.

pirate44
01-25-2005, 10:22 AM
and aurbach had great players his whole carreer. not to mention he never had to worry about free agency. how many teams have great players and cant put a championship together. coach, manager, whatever you call it, knicks need it. Jackson has proven himself.

HighSchool Fan
01-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
my opinion, iverson would be a better player under jackson.

he probably would of, because jackson would of only managed iverson if there was another superstar beside him.

wildstangs
01-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Jackson was one of, if not the, best coach ever in the NBA. Sure, he always had superstars, but you have to have great coaching as well. The Lakers had Shaq and Kobe for a couple of years before Jackson got there, and they didnt win a title.

TheDOCTORdre
01-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Phil Jackson is a manager, not a coach. Jackson won't manage the Knicks, they don't have 2 superstars on the team right now. If the Knicks want a good coach, they will somehow try and get Larry Brown.
Where was Larry Brown's great coaching in the Olympics?