PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room Rules

sinton66
01-24-2005, 11:47 PM
are the same as they are here on the board. There is NO excuse for foul language. I have started banning people from the chat room. We spent good donation money getting this chat room up for the members, but if it continues to be abused, it WILL go away. Let this serve as fair warning to all.

One other note, all moderators have the ability to be "cloaked" in the chat room.

20dawgz05
01-25-2005, 12:08 AM
sorry for breaking the rules but half the time we can and half the time we cant so who knows.... if u are gonna say it then u need to ban EVERYONE who breaks them!! IMO..... but anyways sorry!!!

Keith7
01-25-2005, 12:09 AM
i volunteer to be banned.. because i have dropped the F-bomb a few times

20dawgz05
01-25-2005, 12:10 AM
THANK U.... we wouldnt have a bored if everyone who has said it in the chat got banned!!!

marlin fan
01-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
i volunteer to be banned.. because i have dropped the F-bomb a few times i would say the same thing but i need the chat to talk with a few people that are important that dont have AIM or YIM!!

sinton66
01-25-2005, 12:18 AM
The rules are being enforced now. Too much has gone on for too long. It WILL stop, one way or another.

spiveyrat
01-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

One other note, all moderators have the ability to be "cloaked" in the chat room.

Cloaked?

jason
01-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Cloaked? they're in there, but not visible on the list of people who are in there...they can spy......:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
01-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Cloaked? Yeah, kinda like a Klingon "Bird of Prey".:nerd: :nerd:

Bulldog_12
01-25-2005, 11:28 AM
So does this mean no more "alley" talk????:D

gobbler grad
01-25-2005, 01:24 PM
if you can't say nothing nice, then don't say nothing at all...
real simple...:doh:

spiveyrat
01-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by jason
they're in there, but not visible on the list of people who are in there...they can spy......:rolleyes:

That's kind of what I thought. Thanks.

Ranger Mom
01-25-2005, 05:27 PM
I have to agree with Sinton66. If yall want to start an AIM chat filled with profanity - then do it.

What you need to understand is, some of what you say IS offensive to others in there. Some of us are more thick skinned, and some it bothers.

When we get an IM, PM, etc. to that effect, we as moderators are expected to act on it. The chat is a reflection of the the 3Adownlow....which we strive to keep pretty much "family friendly", and there should be no exception!

Holmes_Fans
01-25-2005, 05:37 PM
I think all bannings that took place before these rules were put in place should be lifted

LH Panther Mom
01-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
i would say the same thing but i need the chat to talk with a few people that are important that dont have AIM or YIM!!

:kiss: :kiss:

Phil C
01-26-2005, 11:49 AM
The rules are being enforced now. Too much has gone on for too long. It WILL stop, one way or another.

He means what he says. I am a personal friend of his and I got into hot water when my nephew got on line while I was watching a silent movie and got me into hot water with some of his chat room comments (since it was under my name I was responsible). I had to take my hat in my hand and eat crow and apologize before I got back into good graces.

sinton66
01-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
I think all bannings that took place before these rules were put in place should be lifted

These "Rules" have nothing what-so-ever to do with why you were banned. I told you to stop what you were doing. You ignored me, plain and simple. Apparently you thought I was kidding. I wasn't.

Keith7
01-27-2005, 12:00 PM
oooo sinton66 is a tough character, dont mess with him

sinton66
01-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Just for information's sake, the next time any of you go into the chat room, be sure to scroll down and read the information below it, as it HAS changed.

For those that do not venture into the chat room very often, here is what it says:

NOTE: 3A Down Low Administrators & Staff members monitor all activity within this chat room.
Foul Language will - NOT - be permitted, as this board is family oriented.
If this chat room becomes abused, it will be discontinued without further notice.

3A Downlow donations paid for the chat room. Therefore the same rules must apply. This chat room costs us an annual fee. We will not renew it's subscription if the current situation continues.

LH Panther Mom
01-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Just for information's sake, the next time any of you go into the chat room, be sure to scroll down and read the information below it, as it HAS changed.

For those that do not venture into the chat room very often, here is what it says:

3A Downlow donations paid for the chat room. Therefore the same rules must apply. This chat room costs us an annual fee. We will not renew it's subscription if the current situation continues.

I'll try to behave. ;)

HighSchool Fan
01-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'll try to behave. ;)

haha, you behave, i don't think that will ever happen:D

TheDOCTORdre
01-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'll try to behave. ;)
yes you should try and behave, you are becoming a very bad influence on my innocent soul:D

CHS_CG
01-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
yes you should try and behave, you are becoming a very bad influence on my innocent soul:D

innocent haha :rolleyes:

sinton66
02-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
So does this mean no more "alley" talk????:D

"implied" things are ok as long as they're not too offensive. Just no cursing.