PDA

View Full Version : I overlooked!! :(

PhiI C
01-24-2005, 10:09 PM
They had a great movie on TCM today from 5:30 P.M. to 7:30 P.M. but I didn't realize it until I got home and turned it on. It was a great 1968 movie called The Split with Jim Brown the great football players. It had a great cast several of who hadn't arrived yet which consisted or Ernest Borgnine oscar winner for Marty, Gene Hackman of Hoosiers fame, Julie Harris of Streetcar Named Desire, Jack Klugman before The Odd Couple and Quincy M.D., Warren Oats before Dillinger fame, and James Whitmore a great character actor. The movie is about a robbery of the Collisium during a Los Angeles Rams game (yes this was when the Rams were in LA). Jim Brown is the leader of the robbers and Gene Hackman is the somewhat crooked detective in pursuit. A great movie indeed. One time some prisoners in Kansas I think were going to watch it when it was on NBC but the local NBC affiliate showed some local program and the prisoners filed a law suit against the station for disappointing them. :) Each of the robbers were to get $85,000 which would be about $500,000 in our time. One thing that will make you weep is that ticket prices ranged from $5.50 to $7.50!!!!!!!!!! :(

It will be shown again on TCM and I will notify you when it is to be shown even though it doesn't look like it is scheduled for February.

pirate44
01-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Hey Phil, has TCM played "High Society" lately. im still looking for the DVD at Best Buy. Talk about a star cast!!

Phil C
01-25-2005, 09:47 AM
I think they have in the past. I will keep a watch out for it. It may have been someone besides TCM that showed it.

pirate44
01-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think they have in the past. I will keep a watch out for it. It may have been someone besides TCM that showed it.
thanks Phil C. i end up renting it about every few months. id like to have it recorded.