PDA

View Full Version : Good city to live in?

Ladykat5
01-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Well graduation is coming soon and I am deciding whether or not I want to move out or stay with mom for a couple more years. I just dont know where to live. I would like to stay in the DFW area or move to southeastern TX. I want some cheap apartments that arent considered the "ghetto" but still cheap. I am looking for an efficiency. What are some of your top picks in cities? What is a good job for a college student to have?

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-24-2005, 09:24 PM
are you considering college or are you going to jump into the workforce right out of high school?

Ladykat5
01-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Yes I am considering college

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 09:34 AM
I like San Marcos. It's probably the prettiest "city" in Texas and has an awesome school, especially for the liberal arts. Also, 30 minutes to Austin/45 to San Antone and if you really want a cheap place to live, you can find one there or you can go just outside of town and get them real cheap.

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I like San Marcos. It's probably the prettiest "city" in Texas and has an awesome school, especially for the liberal arts. Also, 30 minutes to Austin/45 to San Antone and if you really want a cheap place to live, you can find one there or you can go just outside of town and get them real cheap.

All of that PLUS two outlet malls! :D :D :D

PurpleFreddy
01-25-2005, 09:44 AM
I grew up in a small town in NE Texas and now live in Dallas. However, if I was just getting out of HS and considering college and a place to live I would concur with San Marcos. I drove to San Antonio two weeks ago for the HS all-star game and was amazed at how nice it is ... the development ... but there is still plenty of open country. The Hill Country rocks!

Plus, Austin, San Marcos, Round rock, San Antonio are all so close together.

Just saying that if I was a young man again, I would consider that.

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
I grew up in a small town in NE Texas and now live in Dallas. However, if I was just getting out of HS and considering college and a place to live I would concur with San Marcos. I drove to San Antonio two weeks ago for the HS all-star game and was amazed at how nice it is ... the development ... but there is still plenty of open country. The Hill Country rocks!

Plus, Austin, San Marcos, Round rock, San Antonio are all so close together.

Just saying that if I was a young man again, I would consider that.

All of that PLUS two outlet malls! :D :D :D

Seriously, if I lived there....you would find me working at the Fossil, Bass or Eddie Bauer stores. I would be broke, but well dressed!:D

spiveyrat
01-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Am I understanding you right? You're considering what city to live in before you consider which college to attend or where you have a job. Isn't that a little backwards? Shouldn't you pick a college or have a job FIRST and then look for a place to live??? :confused:

Ladykat5
01-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanx for all of your opinions. I will take them into consideration.

jason
01-25-2005, 11:42 AM
move to forney, its really nice this time of year.....

HighSchool Fan
01-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Am I understanding you right? You're considering what city to live in before you consider which college to attend or where you have a job. Isn't that a little backwards? Shouldn't you pick a college or have a job FIRST and then look for a place to live??? :confused:

hey, who said that logic had to be used? :D can't we put other things ahead of an education :p

HighSchool Fan
01-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by jason
move to forney, its really nice this time of year.....

:rolleyes: i guess lying isn't one of the things that can get you banned from here :D

jason
01-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
:rolleyes: i guess lying isn't one of the things that can get you banned from here :D lol.....its nice, just not citified like she might want it to be....there is a nice golf course 15 min away....

HighSchool Fan
01-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by jason
...there is a nice golf course 15 min away....

if there is a golf course with in 15mins, its gotta be better than collinsville

District303aPastPlayer
01-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Corpus Christi is right on the beach...
A&M-CC is one of the fastest growing Universities in the Southwest US...
Division I Athletics...
Cheap Apartments close to the campus...

Bulldog_12
01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
San Marcos is really nice and in a GREAT location. I pulled a road trip through san marcos, austin and san antonio. Its really pretty and not to bad of a town to live in.

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
San Marcos is really nice and in a GREAT location. I pulled a road trip through san marcos, austin and san antonio. Its really pretty and not to bad of a town to live in.

I always want to take exit 200....OH, that would be the one to take me to BOTH outlet malls!:D

htowntransplant
01-25-2005, 01:55 PM
corpus christi is pretty kool, and del mar college is, well, not a university, but a decent size "community college" that offers tons of classes and is very popular in south texas.