PDA

View Full Version : Just sign a LOI with us Martellus!!!!

AggieJohn
01-24-2005, 03:43 PM
http://www.aggiesports.com/football/photos/012305bennett.jpg
This is Alief TE Martellus Bennett,(in the white jersey) he was making his official visit to A&M last saturday and came to the K.State Game, He was welcomed and signed Autos. He also was helping out to lead yells. This is the No.1 TE in the nation, and he's got his choices down to A&M and guess who Texas....he is also considering being a dual sport athlete by playing bball for A&M. Fran went and saw him play bball last thursday during an in-home visit

rholl
01-24-2005, 04:33 PM
and be subjected to 4 more years of losing to UT!!!

Or watch the Rose Bowl and see how UT's TE's were used often ...then head over to Austin.

kepdawg
01-24-2005, 04:34 PM
He's making a visit to LSU next weekend.

Bulldog_12
01-24-2005, 04:43 PM
He was really cool. It was fun to see him in the student section doing the yells and the fight song. It was also kinda funny, in my opinion, to give the hook em horns upside down. Now I dont know if that is his own way of saying he is leaning towards A&M..........but Ill take it. ha ha

AggieJohn
01-24-2005, 05:36 PM
javorskie did the same thing when he played at Kyle in a playoff game this year

Phil C
01-24-2005, 05:40 PM
I wonder if it had been better to have had him between two of the lady aggies though. :)

Bullaholic
01-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Maybe we should just send him greetings from the President of the United States, Phil....

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/texpres.jpg

AggieJohn
01-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Funny cause i saw the picture like this
http://img197.exs.cx/img197/948/80ye.jpg

big daddy russ
01-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by rholl
and be subjected to 4 more years of losing to UT!!!

Or watch the Rose Bowl and see how UT's TE's were used often ...then head over to Austin. LOL. Or he could watch tapes of the past 15 Holiday Bowls. I think UT was in 14 of them.:D :D :D

HighSchool Fan
01-24-2005, 06:13 PM
and how many bowls has a&m been in the last 14 years, or better yet, how many have they won?

AggieJohn
01-24-2005, 06:20 PM
how many times has baylor beat texas in the past 20 years......6
how many has bayllor beat A&M in the last 20 years..................1

HighSchool Fan
01-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
how many times has baylor beat texas in the past 20 years......6
how many has bayllor beat A&M in the last 20 years..................1

ouch, that was a good one :clap: :clap:

now how many big 12 south championships has a&m had? how many bowl games have they played in and won the last 15 years.

Oh, one last thing, earlier you said that you quit. can't you stand by your own words?

AggieJohn
01-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
ouch, that was a good one :clap: :clap:

now how many big 12 south championships has a&m had? how many bowl games have they played in and won the last 15 years.

Oh, one last thing, earlier you said that you quit. can't you stand by your own words?

caught:mad: my bad....just don't bash my school..i won't bash yours

all i'm trying to do is to report something that's going on ...don't get mad

sahen
01-24-2005, 06:55 PM
maybe coach fran can keep this one outa jail...though he hasnt proved to anyone he could with his past recruits...

AggieJohn
01-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by sahen
maybe coach fran can keep this one outa jail...though he hasnt proved to anyone he could with his past recruits...

we had one guy who got pulled over with weed and you make a big deal out of it

just kidding, i don't condone that, but actually to my knowledge, the offseason before last when we had all those arrests, they were all Slocum's recruits and not Frans...but then again, i could be mistaken

sahen
01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Fran is running the ship now...i dont remember that many ending up in jail as last season ever when Slocum was there, i could be wrong though....that said, im thinkin that was a fluke thing, atleast hoping it was just a stroke of bad luck for yall...as much as i dont lik eyall, i dont want any texas school turning into a miami or florida state...

HighSchool Fan
01-24-2005, 07:22 PM

let's see, last week you come on here and use the term t-sip to describe someone from UT. i ask a question on how many bowl games a&m has won, then you accuse me of bashing a school. only to you that would make sense. not surprising though

PhiI C
01-24-2005, 10:29 PM

all i'm trying to do is to report something that's going on ...don't get mad

We're not mad AggieJohn and most of us were just trying to be humorous but maybe inadvertently got into the bad taste mode unintentionally. We thank you for the report and hope you keep the updates.

Holmes_Fans
01-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Funny cause i saw the picture like this
http://img197.exs.cx/img197/948/80ye.jpg
Was he trying to catch someone with his web or something?

AggieJohn
01-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by sahen
Fran is running the ship now...i dont remember that many ending up in jail as last season ever when Slocum was there, i could be wrong though....that said, im thinkin that was a fluke thing, atleast hoping it was just a stroke of bad luck for yall...as much as i dont lik eyall, i dont want any texas school turning into a miami or florida state...

fran does have a general tight rein on the whole program

AggieJohn
01-25-2005, 10:10 AM
let's see, last week you come on here and use the term t-sip to describe someone from UT. i ask a question on how many bowl games a&m has won, then you accuse me of bashing a school. only to you that would make sense. not surprising though :nerd: sorry, i'm a nerd sometimes and take offense quickly...i'll just report in the future

AggieJohn
01-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Was he trying to catch someone with his web or something? no this is just a bad attempt at photoshop job...hehe

AggieBob
01-25-2005, 10:27 AM
JOhn did you know Wilson(In BYX) started the chanting at that game?

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 10:27 AM
1. now how many big 12 south championships has a&m had?

2. how many bowl games have they played in and won the last 15 years.
1. Two (97 and 98), with one Big XII Overall Championship (98, over K-State).

2. They've played in 12 bowls, one more than Texas, going 3-9 in those bowls. Meanwhile, their rivals to the west went 5-6 in their Bowl games, a much better mark than the Aggies.

More Questions:
1. Over those same 15 years (dating back to the 1990 season), who has been ranked #1 in the real poll (the AP, not the ESPN poll) more weeks?

2. Which team has played in more top-tier Bowl Games (Sugar, Rose, Orange, Peach or Cotton through 97; Sugar, Rose, Fiesta or Orange from 98-Present) in their past 12 postseasons?

3. Finally, in those last 12 bowls, which team has played in more games with a National Championship on the line?

*Edited* I realized that my original answer was wrong on #2.

Bulldog_12
01-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

2. They've played in 12 bowls, the same number as Texas, going 3-9 in those bowls. Meanwhile, their rivals to the west went 6-6 in their Bowl games, a much better mark than the Aggies.

More Questions:
1. Over those same 15 years (dating back to the 1990 season), who has been ranked #1 in the real poll (the AP, not the ESPN poll) more weeks?

2. Which team has played in more top-tier Bowl Games (Sugar, Rose, Orange, Peach or Cotton through 97; Sugar, Rose, Fiesta or Orange from 98-Present) in their past 12 postseasons?

3. Finally, in those last 12 bowls, which team has played in more games with a National Championship on the line?
GEEZ BDR, you sure now how to end some good natured fun. Ha Ha

HighSchool Fan
01-25-2005, 10:38 AM
one last question, what school has more national championships?

Bullaholic
01-25-2005, 10:39 AM

2. They've played in 12 bowls, the same number as Texas, going 3-9 in those bowls. Meanwhile, their rivals to the west went 6-6 in their Bowl games, a much better mark than the Aggies.

More Questions:

Now, Russ, you wouldn't happen to know the answer to your questions before you asked them, now would ya'?

jason
01-25-2005, 10:39 AM
until a&m beats texas and baylor in the same year, and contends for the big 12 title, all of this is pointless......let a&m win something to prove themselves...

Bullaholic
01-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jason
until a&m beats texas and baylor in the same year, and contends for the big 12 title, all of this is pointless......let a&m win something to prove themselves...

jason....I wondered how long it would take you to "smell out" a good old UT-aTm debate......

jason
01-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
jason....I wondered how long it would take you to "smell out" a good old UT-aTm debate...... im in class, so i have to be discreet with my typing....:D

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
GEEZ BDR, you sure now how to end some good natured fun. Ha Ha I can't help it. I love arguing about this stuff.

When I was growing up A&M fans always, and I mean ALWAYS had the edge over the Longhorn and us Tech/Baylor fans (yes, I rooted for the Raiders and Bears from the SWC... but my favorite team always has and always will be Auburn). They always won and were the ones in the hunt for the national titles. During UT's 90-91 season, though, my friends who supported UT finally got their due. I was in junior high and UT pulled off eight straight wins to close out the season and take their #3 ranking into the Cotton Bowl. That was the year before Auburn went undefeated but was on NCAA Probations. Ahhhh, memories.

I didn't become an A&M fan until I visited each of the campuses my senior year. I still liked Baylor (hell, I used to go there every summer for Mickey Sullivan's Baseball Camp) but soured on both UT and Tech after my visits.

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Bowl History, TAMU and UT

Instead of posting what year the bowl happened in, I'm posting the season. A couple of times, the team mentioned played two bowls in the same year (i.e. Texas played in the 2000 Cotton Bowl and the 2000 Holiday Bowl) but they were actually the postseason for two different campaigns.

89-90
TAMU (#16) lost to Pitt (#23), 31-28 in the John Hancock Bowl (now known as the Sun Bowl)

90-91
TAMU (#9) beat BYU (NR), 65-14 in the Holiday Bowl
UT (#3) lost to Miami (#4), 46-3 in the Cotton Bowl

91-92
TAMU (#9) lost to Florida State (#5), 10-2 in the Cotton Bowl

92-93
TAMU (#3) lost to Notre Dame (#5), 28-3 in the Cotton Bowl

93-94
TAMU (#6) lost to Notre Dame (#4), 24-21 in the Cotton Bowl

94-95
UT (NR) beat North Carolina (#19), 35-31 in the Sun Bowl

95-96
TAMU (#18) beat Michigan (#14), 22-20 in the Alamo Bowl
UT (#9) lost to Va Tech (#13), 28-10 in the Sugar Bowl

96-97
UT (#20) lost to Penn State (#7), 38-15 in the Fiesta Bowl

97-98
TAMU (#19) lost to UCLA (#5), 29-23 in the Cotton Bowl

98-99
TAMU (#8) lost to Ohio State (#3) in the Sugar Bowl
UT (#20) beat Miss. St. (#25), 38-11 in the Cotton Bowl

99-00
TAMU (#23) lost to Penn State (#13), 24-0 in the Alamo Bowl
UT (#14) lost to Arkie (#24), 27-6 in the Cotton Bowl

00-01
TAMU (NR) lost to Miss. St. (NR), 43-41 in OT in the Independence Bowl
UT (#14) lost to Oregon (#8), 35-30 in the Holiday Bowl

01-02
TAMU (NR) beat TCU (NR), 28-9 in the GalleryFurniture.com Bowl (now the EV1.net Houston Bowl)
UT (#9) beat Washington (#21), 47-43 in the Holiday Bowl

02-03
UT (#9) beat LSU (NR), 35-20 in the Cotton Bowl

03-04
UT (#5) lost to Wazzu (#15), 28-20 in the Holiday Bowl

04-05
TAMU (#22) dogged it against Tennessee (#15), 38-7 in the Cotton Bowl
UT (#6) beat Michigan (#13), 38-37 in the Rose Bowl

Bulldog_12
01-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the history BDR. I didnt even know about some of the earlier bowls. That was before I was the die-hard sports fan I am now. I was just a wee boy.:D

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 11:33 AM
one last question, what school has more national championships? Touche'

AggieJohn
01-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by AggieBob
JOhn did you know Wilson(In BYX) started the chanting at that game?

really
wow!

where was he last night?

AggieJohn
01-25-2005, 03:40 PM
one last question, what school has more national championships?

i promise not get heated over this one....and ireally don't want to make this sound like another aggie giving an excuse...but we were all male insitute till like the fifties and strictly a military school till like the late sixties....this handicaps us i would think

what ball players is going to want to come in that case

Texas has always been open...

Oh and i'm still confused how some say we share a national title back in the thirties besides the one we won in '39

Russ any help?

rholl
01-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Notre Dame didn't go co-ed til 72. No handicap there.

Bullaholic
01-25-2005, 04:35 PM
i promise not get heated over this one....and ireally don't want to make this sound like another aggie giving an excuse...but we were all male insitute till like the fifties and strictly a military school till like the late sixties....this handicaps us i would think

what ball players is going to want to come in that case

Texas has always been open...

Oh and i'm still confused how some say we share a national title back in the thirties besides the one we won in '39

Russ any help?

AJ.....I just refuse to believe that the sexual orientation of Aggies before the fifties had anything to do with athletic successes....;)

Bulldog_12
01-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I thought that would have been an advantage to us. No stinking women to distract the players from practicing.:D

big daddy russ
01-25-2005, 04:57 PM
...Oh and i'm still confused how some say we share a national title back in the thirties besides the one we won in '39

Russ any help? No help here. Texas has more NC's. But you're right... A&M did have a shared national title back in 1919. I want to say they shared it with either Harvard or Notre Dame, but I can't remember exactly whom. Don't quote me on this one, but I think the selecting committe back then was called the National Championship Foundation. Most schools, though, didn't start actually recognizing themselves as national champion until the Associated Press pulled together their system back in '35.

No matter how you look at it... whether you count that title or not... UT still has at least one up on A&M. But Auburn's been gypped twice now. You tack that onto their championship in '57 and the one in the old days and they're one up on UT.:D :D :D

AggieJohn
01-25-2005, 05:11 PM
yes we will always be the red headed step child of texas

there i said it:(

AggieJohn
01-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I thought that would have been an advantage to us. No stinking women to distract the players from practicing.:D no they were all making trips up to waco before we were an all girls school.....i had some baylor friends tell me that....

LH Panther Mom
01-25-2005, 06:52 PM
yes we will always be the red headed step child of texas

there i said it:(

Finally! :D BTW - I'm just kidding. ;)

AggieJohn
01-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Finally! :D BTW - I'm just kidding. ;)

finally this post can get back to civility, it that's a word...i also just found out that martellus' brother micheal bennett already committed to us as a WR.....wonder how they will put that on the jerseys.....hmmm

PhiI C
01-26-2005, 12:18 AM
Did you all know that the Lady Aggies have a softball national championship. I think it was in 1982.

big daddy russ
01-26-2005, 11:59 AM
I didn't know that, Phil.

PhiI C
01-26-2005, 02:19 PM
I didn't know that, Phil.

It was actually 1983 big when the Lady Aggies beat Cal St. Fullerton in 12 innings 2 to 0 in the National Championship Game (the softball playoffs for the national championship began in 1982). Big I also overlooked that the Lady Aggies also won it in 1987 when the Lady Aggies beat UCLA for the national championship 4 to 1. So the Lady Aggies have two national championships in softball. Except for these two and Oklahoma's national championship in 2000 the national champions have been from California or Arizona with UCLA winning 11, Arizona 6 and one each for California, Cal St.-Fullerton, and Fresno State.

The Lady Aggies making all tournament in 1983 were Patti Holthaus, 2b, Cindy Cooper, 3b, Iva Jackson (no position listed), Lori Stoll, p, and Gay McNutt,c (Gay was a common name back then before it had a new definition that is common now).

The Lady Aggies making all tournament in 1987 were Julie Smith, 1b, Liz Mizera, ss, and Shawn Andaya, p.

AggieJohn
01-26-2005, 02:29 PM
they came out with thier first rank today, 23rd

Phil C
01-26-2005, 03:34 PM
The Lady Aggies were runner ups two years also in 1986 when they lost the final game to Cal St. Fullerton 3 to 0 and in 1984 when they lost to UCLA 1 to 0 in 13 innings. In 1984 Lady Aggie all tournament players were Josie Carter (no position given) and Gay McNutt, c. (Remember Gay had a different meaning when she was named that as a baby). In 1986 the Lady Aggie all tournament players were Judy Trussell, 2b, Liz Mizera, ss, Shawn Andaya, p, and Cindy Cooper, al (whatever that is).

Phil C
01-26-2005, 04:36 PM
UT came close to winning it all in 2002. Had they beat UCLA in the semis I think they would have beat California in the finals but it would have been close (UCLA did beat California 3 to 1). UT had a 1 to 0 lead with just one out to win the semis but UCLA started hitting and the UT outfield went apart and UCLA scored two runs to win the game. The CAT (Catherine Osterman - the UT pitcher) was great though but the team fell short.

AggieJohn
01-26-2005, 05:19 PM
how do you know this stuff?

Bullaholic
01-26-2005, 05:33 PM
how do you know this stuff?

Why he is the Sinton Godfather, AJ. Don't you know that?

Phil C
01-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Why he is the Sinton Godfather, AJ. Don't you know that?

:)

Plus Aggie John is it just stuff you pick up over the years. Just keep living and you will see what I mean in 25 years or so.

AggieJohn
01-26-2005, 06:54 PM
i will seek you out in 25 years to find out

PhiI C
01-26-2005, 10:14 PM
i will seek you out in 25 years to find out

I look forward to the visit. But I think by then you will see what I mean. :)

crabman
01-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Back to the original point of this thread, I was at my first game ever at Reed Arena on Saturday. Even my daughter knew who the guy on the floor leading the yells was. Well kind of. She knew he was the #1 recruit in the nation in something. Didn't know what sport or what position but she knew he was important.

Bulldog_12
01-27-2005, 01:00 PM
I just found this out, but Bennet plans to announce his decision on the 31st. So four more days and we can put this thread to rest.

AggieJohn
01-27-2005, 03:36 PM
i thought it was the 1sy on foxsports southwest that he was going to do it

Bulldog_12
01-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Rivals.com has that he will officially announce on the 31st. Wether its true or not, I have no idea,

AggieJohn
01-27-2005, 03:44 PM
i was watching southwest recruiting and they were talking to him on the phone....u think we get him?

Bulldog_12
01-27-2005, 03:47 PM
I think we do. Just the way he talks about the school, and if he really enjoyed his visit like he says he did. But who knows.

AggieJohn
01-27-2005, 04:00 PM
he is also the same guy that said that he couuld have fun in Antartica....so i don't know, if he's going for fun, he'll prolly go t.u.

Phil C
01-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Sorry everyone but now the rumor is that he has decided to sign up with Texas A&M at Kingsville!! Go Hogs!! :)

AggieJohn
01-27-2005, 05:09 PM
i think frans son coached there last year, he's coaching at blinn now

PhiI C
01-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Remember you heard it here first. He will be signing with Texas A&M. But hopefully Texas can still get Ryan Perrilloux.

AggieJohn
01-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Remember you heard it here first. He will be signing with Texas A&M. But hopefully Texas can still get Ryan Perrilloux. how did you hear, and i think perriloux might be going to LSU

PhiI C
01-30-2005, 09:11 AM
how did you hear, and i think perriloux might be going to LSU

You beat me on that because my sources tell me that Perrilloux has decided to go to LSU. But there will be some good news for UT fans later.

AggieJohn
01-30-2005, 09:13 PM
i'm being told that Perriloux really like his visit to LSU

JasperDog94
01-31-2005, 03:18 PM
i'm being told that Perriloux really like his visit to LSU Too bad he'll be under a new coach.

AggieJohn
01-31-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah...word is that martellus didn't like his trip to LSU alot, but however perriloux feels more at home....

anyway, FOX sports at 10 tonight, "tellus" will tell us where he's going