PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Vernon vs. Gilmer

PurpleTiger12
10-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Post you comments about tonight's game between Mt. Vernon and Gilmer.

eye of the tiger
10-12-2002, 10:31 AM
I thought the game would be a lot closer than 26 to 3. And I thought Mt Vernon would be on the winning side of that score. Congrats to Gilmer on their win.

BigRedfan
10-12-2002, 11:48 AM
Purpletiger12
What happened last night? I also thought that it would be alot closer. Did Meeks have an off night or is Gilmer that good?

Good luck next week and even when we play each other on Nov 8th in Winnsboro.

dragon67
10-12-2002, 12:43 PM
I' m afraid you guys are hoping rather than thinking. If you had listened to the Old Dragon earlier you would know that the Bucks could be undefeated, and we're not playing doormat schools. Watch out 11-3A the secret is out!!! :mad:

BigRedfan
10-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Could haves, should haves, and everything like that are just excuses. Winnsboro could say the very same thing. We are have played some good teams also. We have only lost two games by a total of 8 points. We even beat Gladewater by more points than yal did.

What makes this team any better than last year's team? Did you graduate from Gilmer and if so what year? The reason that I am asking my niece graduated from there in 90. She was a cheerleader and her dad owned the video store there on the square.

PurpleTiger12
10-12-2002, 04:51 PM
Gilmer has a great team this year, but we had missed opportunities. Gilmer has great speed and quickness which we knew about b/f going into the game. There defense also had a very great game.

dragon67
10-12-2002, 05:28 PM
What happened was the Bucks came to play, Meeks is everything he is written to be but his supporting cast are not as strong.
Would have, should have, is not what I said and I've probably seen more football in all classes than years you have lived.I pull for the Bucks but I am a realist also, this does not blind me from seeing talent,Gilmer has quite a bit this year and they will do well.See you next week.

BigRedfan
10-12-2002, 08:23 PM
I doubt it. I have been going to football games since 1957. I too have seen games in all classes, been too as many as 5 playoff games in one weekend. Probably will do the same this year.

Dragon67, I would like to meet you Friday night. How would I recognize you? I will have on my Winnsboro Football shirt that we had last year when we made that great playoff run. I will be with a bald guy. Because of the crowd expected we will probably be there by 6:00 at the very latest. Which side will be ours. It has been along time since I have been to Buckeye stadium.

<small>[ October 12, 2002, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: BigRedfan ]</small>