PDA

View Full Version : Watch for a 3A player in the NFC Championship

Keith7
01-23-2005, 12:52 PM
#23 Kevin Mathis of Gainesville, he is Atlanta's 3rd cornerback and is always somewhere around the ball on defense..

I hope for my Eagles to win this game but i'll still be secretly cheering for Mathis

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/MJIGGNANMFPH/roster_mathisK.jpg

Bullaholic
01-23-2005, 01:00 PM
I hope the Eagles get beat 50-0.....:clap:

SintonFan
01-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Lets see Keith, you forgot some names...
The Eagles offensive line coach Juan Castillo is from Port Isabel and played for A&M Kinsville.
Starting right guard Roberto Garza played at Rio Hondo and for the hoggies(A&M Kingsville), too.
Not 3A but, Koy Detmer holds extra points attempts for the Iggles(right slpy ;)) and Ty Detmer is the Falcon's 3rd string QB. Both played for Mission.

SintonFan
01-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I hope the Eagles get beat 50-0.....:clap:
Here Here!!!
MAKE THE IGGLES WIGGLE!!! :clap:

Keith7
01-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
The Eagles offensive line coach Juan Castillo is from Port Isabel and played for A&M Kinsville.
Starting right guard Roberto Garza played at Rio Hondo and for the hoggies(A&M Kingsville), too.
Not 3A but, Koy Detmer holds extra points attempts for the Iggles(right slpy ;)) and Ty Detmer is the Falcon's 3rd string QB. Both played for Mission.

you are right, but Mathis is alot easier to find then those people on the side lines...

also didnt koy and ty go to different high schools??

SintonFan
01-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
you are right, but Mathis is alot easier to find then those people on the side lines...

also didnt koy and ty go to different high schools??
You are correct. Ty graduated from Southwest SA.:doh:
Koy graduated from Mission.

Leopards,class of 75
01-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
#23 Kevin Mathis of Gainesville, he is Atlanta's 3rd cornerback and is always somewhere around the ball on defense..

I hope for my Eagles to win this game but i'll still be secretly cheering for Mathis

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/MJIGGNANMFPH/roster_mathisK.jpg I think that Kevin Mathis is still injured, but hopefully if Atlanta wins he will be ready for the Super Bowl in two weeks.

Bulldog_12
01-23-2005, 03:52 PM

Also, Jeremiah Trotter the Eagles Middle Linebacker is from Hooks Tx. He played for SFA.

BrahmaMom
01-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Very exciting for all those men and their hometowns. Congrats and keep up the tradition!

mikecheck
01-24-2005, 10:16 AM
As far as playing R. Garza #63 started 15 or the 16 regular season games for the Falcons and 2 play off games. In his fourth year in the NFL has proven to be worthy of recognition. On the offensive line as guard was small part of the reason Vick did well.

footballgal
02-06-2005, 02:51 AM

District303aPastPlayer
02-07-2005, 12:54 AM
You are correct. Ty graduated from Southwest SA.:doh:
Koy graduated from Mission.

If you read the name of the school listed in the Dave Campbells... Its listed as South San Antonio West... if you are talkin bout the Cougars... but if you are talking about the Dragons... Its San Antonio Southwest... so im not sure :confused: :confused: